Canelo vs Bivol DAZN PPV May7th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just his style. That high guard, mediocre power- he's tailor made for Canelo. If Canelo doesn't stop him, he'll win rounds just by doing what he always does.
Some people may hate on canelo, but he has good ring IQ. He knows what judges are looking for and delivers. He's not losing to a points boxer.
He’s more than just a high guard, points fighter, like I said in my last post he makes the most out of every minute in every round and doesnt look for the ko in every fight, he’s got an Americanized style too,
I do pick Canelo to win but I don’t agree he walks through Bivol

That fight wasn't close at all. It was a demolition.

You really are living in an alternate reality. lol

Light heavy is 169-175. Some orgs allow you to weight a half pound over, not sure if they all do.

The weight limit for lhw is 175. Now answer my question again. How can Canelo be a serious LHW fighter if he will only fight Catch weight for tough fights? How does this not make a mockery of the division and how is this not cowardice? He fought Kovalev at 175, now its ok for a CW for Bivol? How is this credible?

I’m not arguing that… I’m just saying that their motto since they entered the US market was to bash the ppv model
My bad, no argument here, was attempting to build on what you said, but came off like a naysayer or something lol

The weight limit for lhw is 175. Now answer my question again. How can Canelo be a serious LHW fighter if he will only fight Catch weight for tough fights? How does this not make a mockery of the division and how is this not cowardice? He fought Kovalev at 175, now its ok for a CW for Bivol? How is this credible?
I didn't think Canelo vs Plant was close at all. If you saw it differently, thats fine.
Catchweights aren't a big thing for me. I really don't care. I care less and less about boxing politics as years pass. We're fine when the guy we like asks for some advantage, I've been guilty of it myself but now recognize the hypocrisy of it. If both fighters agree, I don't see why fans should care. Whatever gets a big fight done is fine by me.

I didn't think Canelo vs Plant was close at all. If you saw it differently, thats fine.
Catchweights aren't a big thing for me. I really don't care. I care less and less about boxing politics as years pass. We're fine when the guy we like asks for some advantage, I've been guilty of it myself but now recognize the hypocrisy of it. If both fighters agree, I don't see why fans should care. Whatever gets a big fight done is fine by me.

He’s more than just a high guard, points fighter, like I said in my last post he makes the most out of every minute in every round and doesnt look for the ko in every fight, he’s got an Americanized style too,
I do pick Canelo to win but I don’t agree he walks through Bivol
I bet it will be surprisingly easy for Canelo. People will immediately say he actually should have fought someone else.

Just pure speculation that it will be a CW, like I said, I wouldnt put it past Canelo to make it a CW, especially after Bivol said he can drop to 168, but yeah, Canelo should fight him at 175

No its not that easy. The vast majority of people saw it was a competitive fight with a large chunk having it close. Tim Bradley has it 5-5, and many on here had it close. Your opinion is an extreme outlier, (as usual) which should worry you.

huh? What kind of crap is this? Cw's happen, so who cares? Is that the best you have?

In rare instances they are understandable to make a fight, but they do devalue a title, and fighter can't keep making CW's if they plan on staying in a division because it makes a mockery of the division. You seem to think it will be ok if Canelo fights every LHW fight at CW, as long as we get the fights made, which is pathetic. Either fight at the proper weight or don't fight in that division at all and he has PROVEN he can fight at 175 without any CW, so this makes the cherry picking more blatant.

Bold prediction on 3rd GGG fight, which makes a measure of sense. Bivol is a mover, but he does have some bite when he sits down, which he likely will have to do at some point. It's not much better than 50/50 for Canelo, I think. He's outsized and Bivol can move for 12 without being obviously deficienct in any area. I can see ways Canelo can win, but it's his best fight since Golovkin or maybe Jacobs.

To be honest GGG pulling a Marquez-Pac IV is more of a wet dream.

As for Bivol I might have gotten a tad too used to see stick and movers fold against Ginger. He is decent and a legit LHW in his prime. I’ll watch it live, for sure.

He is literally choosing the 2 easiest fights POSSIBLE! Bivol has skill but he is a boring decision machine, who is barely bigger than Canelo, and we all know its basically impossible to win a decision vs Canelo. It will look like a competitive sparring session with Canelo given a gift decision even if he loses.

40 year old GGG who has never fought at 168 and is inactive, nothing else needs to be said. Both opponents are no real threat and the easiest options on the table. Canelo is just a clout chaser who ducks the tough fights. Pathetic.

Well, that was unexpected.

No its not that easy. The vast majority of people saw it was a competitive fight with a large chunk having it close. Tim Bradley has it 5-5, and many on here had it close. Your opinion is an extreme outlier, (as usual) which should worry you.
Oddly, I am not worried at all. All 3 official judges had Canelo ahead at the time of the stoppage.

huh? What kind of crap is this? Cw's happen, so who cares? Is that the best you have?
Calm down.

In rare instances they are understandable to make a fight, but they do devalue a title, and fighter can't keep making CW's if they plan on staying in a division because it makes a mockery of the division. You seem to think it will be ok if Canelo fights every LHW fight at CW, as long as we get the fights made, which is pathetic. Either fight at the proper weight or don't fight in that division at all and he has PROVEN he can fight at 175 without any CW, so this makes the cherry picking more blatant.
I just want to see the fights. I don't care about negotiations anymore.
All sorts of great fighters have fought at catchweights. Leonard, Floyd, Pacquiao, Cotto , Hopkins... Pretty sure at least one of the Gatti/Ward fights was a catchweight.... Ross vs Armstrong was a cw.

There was a time when I hated catchweights too but wasn't really realizing they weren't anything new, weren't rare and we would have missed some great fights without them.

I just want to see the fights. I don't care about negotiations anymore.

I want to see legit fights, not just fights for the sake of it.

All sorts of great fighters have fought at catchweights. Leonard, Floyd, Pacquiao, Cotto , Hopkins... Pretty sure at least one of the Gatti/Ward fights was a catchweight.... Ross vs Armstrong was a cw.

There was a time when I hated catchweights too but wasn't really realizing they weren't anything new, weren't rare and we would have missed some great fights without them.

But they ARE rare. They happen sometimes to accommodate super fights when the fighters cannot fight at the same weight, but Canelo HAS proven he can fight at 175 because he won a title at that weight, so there is no legit reason for him to fight at CW at 175. You can't simply excuse it because CW's 'have happened before' Your position is odd for someone who is such a deep boxing fan.

I want to see legit fights, not just fights for the sake of it.

But they ARE rare. They happen sometimes to accommodate super fights when the fighters cannot fight at the same weight, but Canelo HAS proven he can fight at 175 because he won a title at that weight, so there is no legit reason for him to fight at CW at 175. You can't simply excuse it because CW's 'have happened before' Your position is odd for someone who is such a deep boxing fan.
Well, like I said, I no longer can muster outrage over it.
BTW, I looked at the Plant/Canelo RBR thread and you were literally the only one who had it close. You had it even, I think one other person had it 96-94 Canelo. Everyone else had Canelo up by at least 3 rounds.

@Dexter thoughts on Bivol vs Beterbiev and who's a bigger threat to Canelo? I remember you predicting Bivol would lose and fall off a cliff because like a lot of Eastern Bloc fighters he abandoned his original trainer for some Joe Schmo trainer in America.

Bivol is still miles ahead of Beterbiev technique-wise, no matter how hard western coach tries to transform him :))), but, if you remember, he had problems even against Smith-jr, who is a mindless punching machine. Beter is much smarter, and has some dynamite in his hands. And Beterbiev steam-rolled over Gvozdik who was similar outboxer type as Bivol. So, in Bivol vs Beter bout Chechen fighter is my fav.
As for Canelo case, IMHO, Bivol is a safe choice for him, and Beterbiev is “I have balls of steel” choice.

Bivol is still miles ahead of Beterbiev technique-wise, no matter how hard western coach tries to transform him :))), but, if you remember, he had problems even against Smith-jr, who is a mindless punching machine. Beter is much smarter, and has some dynamite in his hands. And Beterbiev steam-rolled over Gvozdik who was similar outboxer type as Bivol. So, in Bivol vs Beter bout Chechen fighter is my fav.
As for Canelo case, IMHO, Bivol is a safe choice for him, and Beterbiev is “I have balls of steel” choice.
Beterbiev would be close to 40 by the time that fight got made. I can hear people complaining from the future.

To be honest GGG pulling a Marquez-Pac IV is more of a wet dream.

As for Bivol I might have gotten a tad too used to see stick and movers fold against Ginger. He is decent and a legit LHW in his prime. I’ll watch it live, for sure.

It would be poetic to see Golovkin somehow upset the whole wagon.

He is literally choosing the 2 easiest fights POSSIBLE! Bivol has skill but he is a boring decision machine, who is barely bigger than Canelo, and we all know its basically impossible to win a decision vs Canelo. It will look like a competitive sparring session with Canelo given a gift decision even if he loses.

40 year old GGG who has never fought at 168 and is inactive, nothing else needs to be said. Both opponents are no real threat and the easiest options on the table. Canelo is just a clout chaser who ducks the tough fights. Pathetic.

What would the Benavidez/Bivol odds be? Would we even get 2/1 on Benavidez? Probably closer to 3/1. Fascinating mind. This is no longer a good bit.

Beterbiev would be close to 40 by the time that fight got made. I can hear people complaining from the future.

Let ‘em cry :D. We have a saying: “The dogs bark - the caravan still moves on”.

Everyone else had Canelo up by at least 3 rounds.

And you think that = Demolition?

What would the Benavidez/Bivol odds be? Would we even get 2/1 on Benavidez? Probably closer to 3/1. Fascinating mind. This is no longer a good bit.

Benavidez has sparred Bivol, he gives his break down of the fight on youtube if you are interested. Sounds like he had the upper hand in their sparring also btw. He says Bivol is a quality fighter but a bit one dimensional with basically a good 1-2.

Benavidez has sparred Bivol, he gives his break down of the fight on youtube if you are interested. Sounds like he had the upper hand in their sparring also btw. He says Bivol is a quality fighter but a bit one dimensional with basically a good 1-2.

Bivol is relatively one dimensional, but his one dimension is very, very good. Exactly the kind of fighter I think would outbox Benavidez relatively clearly, because of Benavidez's stone feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back