News Canelo to fight at cruiserweight!!

Jacobs has everything Benavidez has, and is considerably better at it.

You really think Jacobs is as big, fast, aggressive and powerful as Benavidez? Come on dude..

When a guy is able to win belts on 5 weight classes, you got too many damn weight classes.

wanna guess why? lol

They lack body punching ability, confidence and power to do it successfully. Is there where you pretend a 5'7 Canelo will have no problems with a 6-2 monster going after his body with speed and power? Something like 'lol Canelo will counter him easily and fold him in half'?

I mean we just had a muppet claiming Benavidez lacks power so I guess nothing surprises me anymore.

They lack body punching ability, confidence and power to do it successfully. Is there where you pretend a 5'7 Canelo will have no problems with a 6-2 monster going after his body with speed and power? Something like 'lol Canelo will counter him easily and fold him in half'?
lmfaooooo he’s fought golovkin, kovalev, and jacobs. he’s fought plenty of guys with the chops to get good body work in. they just can’t do it consistently without eating devastating power punches to the head. unless canelo somehow loses his counterpunching ability and punching power, no one on the planet is killing him in the body. it’s just not viable with his style and his attributes.
I mean we just had a muppet claiming Benavidez lacks power so I guess nothing surprises me anymore.
i wouldn’t say benavidez is a power puncher, but he’s definitely gonna get stoppages more often than not. he’s got pop but usually breaks guys down with volume before they really start reacting to his power. he’s closer to margarito than chocolatito.

You are just randomly saying things with zero analysis. Basically just 'lol canelo is awesome', and totally ignoring the advantages David has like speed, work rate, combinations, jab and size. Canelo beat on Smith for 10 rounds and never dropped him, yet apparently he's going to just fold Benavidez in half with every punch. Comical.

Lack of any considerable punching power? He had 25 fights 22 KO, and stopped his last 6 opponents. 2 out of the 3 fights that went the distance were with the same person so only 2 opponents have ever gone the distance, so im puzzled how you claim he lacks considerable punching power with a 88% stoppage rate. Again just writing random shit.
You don’t need to be a massive puncher to have a lot of stoppage wins. I wouldn’t call him feather fisted, but anyone who has watched him fight knows that he doesn’t possess one punch ko power. What he has is aggression, high out put, and a killer instinct. Attributes that aren’t going to do much against a granite chinned, rib cracking, counter puncher like Canelo.

lmfaooooo he’s fought golovkin, kovalev, and jacobs. he’s fought plenty of guys with the chops to get good body work in. they just can’t do it consistently without eating devastating power punches to the head. unless canelo somehow loses his counterpunching ability and punching power, no one on the planet is killing him in the body. it’s just not viable with his style and his attributes.

From memory they were never big body punchers to begin with though, more head hunters. Canelos counter punching has its limitations vs someone who is much bigger, has faster hands and regularly throws big combinations to the head and body. You are used to Canelo countering basic 1-2 combinations from fighters without speed, and fail to realize Benavidez is a totally different level to the fighters he has fought lately especially the bigger guys. Kovalev and Smith were as big but one was totally shot and the other was a pussy, so it will be a big surprise when he fights someone who can actually use his size advantage properly imo.

i wouldn’t say benavidez is a power puncher, but he’s definitely gonna get stoppages more often than not. he’s got pop but usually breaks guys down with volume before they really start reacting to his power. he’s closer to margarito than chocolatito.

You don’t need to be a massive puncher to have a lot of stoppage wins. I wouldn’t call him feather fisted, but anyone who has watched him fight knows that he doesn’t possess one punch ko power. What he has is aggression, high out put, and a killer instinct. Attributes that aren’t going to do much against a granite chinned, rib cracking, counter puncher like Canelo.

I agree he is not a 1 punch knock out artist but he clearly still punches very hard, you can see and literally hear his punches sound different to his opponents with the snap he delivers and of course the results speak for themselves. Questioning his power just because he lacks 1 punch KO is dumb. In many ways its superior to be able to break people down rather than relying on landing 1 punch.

You really think Jacobs is as big, fast, aggressive and powerful as Benavidez? Come on dude..
Benavidez is about an inch taller, an inch longer reach. Jacobs is easily 200lbs. Jacobs is just as fast with just as much power. You really overrate Benavidez “aggression” as if its some amazing ability, but ok say hes more aggressive. Jacobs is a significantly better boxer all around.

So yes. Very similar physical abilities and Canelo ate him for lunch.

Benavidez is about an inch taller, an inch longer reach. Jacobs is easily 200lbs. Jacobs is just as fast with just as much power. You really overrate Benavidez “aggression” as if its some amazing ability, but ok say hes more aggressive. Jacobs is a significantly better boxer all around.

If anything I’d say that Jacobs has more power than Benavidez. He is certainly a better puncher.

They want the payday! Same reason they don’t throw power punches at his face. The Kovalev fight is one of the fakest I’ve seen.
Surely taking a dive in a big fight is more lucrative long term than beating the man and making a name for yourself.

They want the payday! Same reason they don’t throw power punches at his face. The Kovalev fight is one of the fakest I’ve seen.

Kovalev was scared shitless of what would come his way if he planted his feet, especially to the midsection Ward had had so much success pummeling (hell, even Yarde got this close to stopping him via bodywork), and we got to witness why by round 11. Hence he relied heavily on the jab and he actually made it competitive. This is a tactical game. You may want to try to understand it before you call a fight "fake".

Last edited:

Yes yes Jacobs is a significantly better boxer than Benavidez,, thats why he needed a robbery gift to get past 26-14 can Rosado in his last fight, while Benavidez is running over all his opponents. Thanks for proving once again how much you know about boxing.

Yes because 115-113, 115-113, 116-112 is 'eating someone's lunch'

Yes yes Jacobs is a significantly better boxer than Benavidez,, thats why he needed a robbery gift to get past 26-14 can Rosado in his last fight, while Benavidez is running over all his opponents. Thanks for proving once again how much you know about boxing.

Yes because 115-113, 115-113, 116-112 is 'eating someone's lunch'
Jacobs is at the end of his rope and about to turn 35. Try to be less intentionally stupid.

Jacobs had nothing for Canelo. Best punch didnt even slightly stun him. Maybe try watching the fight instead of just jerking it to Benavidez fighting bums.

Glad we agree that Canelo has already beaten someone who brings the same physical attributes that Benavidez does though. We can move on from that nonsense “hes big and fast and hits hard” now.

Yes yes Jacobs is a significantly better boxer than Benavidez,, thats why he needed a robbery gift to get past 26-14 can Rosado in his last fight, while Benavidez is running over all his opponents.
ronald-gavril-poses-after-his-tko-win-over-tyrell-hendrix-during-picture-id488060075

Jacobs is at the end of his rope and about to turn 35. Try to be less intentionally stupid.

Oh ok, so he was still elite when he fought Canelo 18 months before he needed a robbery decision over a bum? Got it.

Glad we agree that Canelo has already beaten someone who brings the same physical attributes that Benavidez does though. We can move on from that nonsense “hes big and fast and hits hard” now.

Yes we can agree if you think 5'11 is the same as 6-2, and Davids reach has been listed up to 77 inches, so he has far more reach you can see visually how long his arms are. He also clearly has faster hands. Nobody mentions hand speed when they talk about Jacobs, but its the first thing they mention with Benavidez. That should tell you all you need to know.

Jacobs had nothing for Canelo. Best punch didnt even slightly stun him. Maybe try watching the fight instead of just jerking it to Benavidez fighting bums.
I listed the official score cards which showed a very close fight. Are you denying the score cards now and just going to pretend it was a blow out? lol..

KAZS yes thats the guy David beat the living hell out of in their rematch and won the first fight clearly also. He is a mayweather fighter, you think Floyd choses bums?

Oh ok, so he was still elite when he fought Canelo 18 months before he needed a robbery decision over a bum? Got it.

Yes we can agree if you think 5'11 is the same as 6-2, and Davids reach has been listed up to 77 inches, so he has far more reach you can see visually how long his arms are. He also clearly has faster hands. Nobody mentions hand speed when they talk about Jacobs, but its the first thing they mention with Benavidez. That should tell you all you need to know.

I listed the official score cards which showed a very close fight. Are you denying the score cards now and just going to pretend it was a blow up? lol..

KAZS yes thats the guy David beat the living hell out of in their rematch and won the first fight clearly also. He is a mayweather fighter, you think Floyd choses bums?
Lol @ 6’2” and lol @ 77” reach. Get a fucking grip dude. The guy isnt the super hero you pretend he is. Davis isnt a lick over 5’10”
https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/672259

images

images

6’2” lol

can’t be true. the scorecards read different which is all that matters, right? canelo apparently struggled with every fighter he didn’t wipe out on the scorecards because judges are infallible. therefore, benavidez is a bum because he “struggled” with gavril.

your logic is nonexistent.

Back