News Canelo taking DAZN to court

If this is accurate it looks like he's trying to get the court to allow him to fight elsewhere while the case is settled.

You quoted what I quoted haha

Canelo is willing to entertain a third fight it says. Agreement in principle was for a third fight was ages ago 2019 / very early 2020 so it’s not relevant now if they can’t agree on a new date or have discussions
Youre literally refusing to acknowledge it coming from their handlers mouths several times that they already agreed to fight this year after Canelo was supposed to fight BJS and Golovkin his mandatory. The pandemic hit. Now theyve agreed for early 2021.

But sure lets keep pretending Canelo is ducking the guy hes fought twice and agreed to fight again.

So basically he wants to walk out of his contract like he did in 2011
Good. Its beyond ridiculous to even suggest he should be fighting UFC cans and 50 year olds.

Good. Its beyond ridiculous to even suggest he should be fighting UFC cans and 50 year olds.
That’s not what the case is about though is it....they wand him to fight BJS or Smith but for less money

look at the lawsuit don’t just keep cut and pasting one guy who has been briefed by canelo
Read it. Perhaps you need to. The complaint literally says he was willing to compromise lol. Seems like you missed the “(at least before the suit was filed)”.

Best reporter in boxing.

Read it. Perhaps you need to. The complaint literally says he was willing to compromise lol. Seems like you missed the “(at least before the suit was filed)”.

Best reporter in boxing.
I have read the lawsuit

I have read the lawsuit
So are you purposely ignoring the part that says he was willing to compromise on a pay cut...?

How can canelo sue DAZN for DAZN allegedly breaching their contract with GPB if canelo only has a contract with GPB cant he only sue them?

27. Plaintiffs are informed and believe that the DAZN Contract required DAZN to pay to Golden Boy Promotions a license fee of $40 million dollars per bout for ten Alvarez bouts expected to occur in the years 2019 to 2023. The DAZN Contract required DAZN to pay a reduced license fee for a December 2018 Alvarez bout with Rocky Fielding. Plaintiffs are informed and believe that at the time Golden Boy Promotions and DAZN entered into the DAZN Contract, the Defendants expected and understood that the bulk of the license fee to be paid to Golden Boy Promotions would flow to Alvarez as his purse for the bouts.
28. Plaintiffs are informed and believe that the DAZN Contract required DAZN to pay significantly smaller license fees to broadcast up to ten annual boxing cards promoted and arranged by Golden Boy Promotions that did not feature Alvarez.
29. Plaintiffs were not party to the negotiations of the DAZN Contract; although Plaintiffs have repeatedly requested copies of the DAZN Contract from both Golden Boy Promotions and DAZN, it has not been shared with them.”

Aren't they trying to change AJ's to only guaranteeing the full amount if he wins? Because as far as I know the only deals or fighters they have that are comparable to the Wilder deal would be those 2.
No idea really, but that would be fucked up, too. Were you going to give me more if I went undefeated during the contract? Fight by fight? I mean, the whole point of signing up with DAZN is that I'm making big money, win or lose. For X fights. That seems shady if they want to pay him less, now.

However, none of us knows how the contract reads. That shit could all be in there for all we know. About revenues and subscribers and adjusting pay based on losses, no idea. So it's hard to know who is in the right until somebody views the contract and breaks that down for us.

If this is accurate it looks like he's trying to get the court to allow him to fight elsewhere while the case is settled.

is someone dying to pay Canelo $35M for a Yildirim PPV? Maybe ESPN since they don't have to pay cable providers their 35/40% cut of PPV's, but I don't see Fox jumping at it. But it'd have to be a one-off for if Canelo loses his case he's gonna have to go back to DAZN

is someone dying to pay Canelo $35M for a Yildirim PPV? Maybe ESPN since they don't have to pay cable providers their 35/40% cut of PPV's, but I don't see Fox jumping at it. But it'd have to be a one-off for if Canelo loses his case he's gonna have to go back to DAZN
No I don’t think anyone is willing to pay canelo that and he knows it too:

“Alvarez repeatedly asked Golden Boy Promotions to explore alternative broadcast options for a fall 2020 bout. Although Golden Boy Promotions reported that it was talking to various broadcasters, it failed to put forth a single alternative plan by which it would pay Alvarez the $35 million it had promised him for each of his fights.”

No I don’t think anyone is willing to pay canelo that and he knows it too:

“Alvarez repeatedly asked Golden Boy Promotions to explore alternative broadcast options for a fall 2020 bout. Although Golden Boy Promotions reported that it was talking to various broadcasters, it failed to put forth a single alternative plan by which it would pay Alvarez the $35 million it had promised him for each of his fights.”
Can they even do that? How can you go fishing around for an alternative broadcaster if you’re already under contract with someone?

Can they even do that? How can you go fishing around for an alternative broadcaster if you’re already under contract with someone?
Well it seems GBP are contracted to pay canelo a guarantee. Nobody has seen the contract between GBP and DAZN and it’s interesting that GBP have not filed against DAZN.

Back