News Canelo taking DAZN to court

It was obvious DAZN had no clue what they were doing by the amount of money they were throwing around at average boxers.

Canelo’s fights must not sell like they expect if they only want certain opponents. Sounds like for $35 million per fight, they only want super fights. Mayweather, Pacquiao are probably what they consider premium opponents.

It was obvious DAZN had no clue what they were doing by the amount of money they were throwing around at average boxers.

Canelo’s fights must not sell like they expect if they only want certain opponents. Sounds like for $35 million per fight, they only want super fights. Mayweather, Pacquiao are probably what they consider premium opponents.

Did they think 11 Super fights were just going to fall into place for one guy?

I am not doubting someone said that too him but anyone can say anything right and it’s not in the court papers from what I saw
I mean he has some credibility, I don't believe him to be the type to just say some shit for the sake of saying it

Did they think 11 Super fights were just going to fall into place for one guy?
Guess we will see how well DAZN wrote the contract maybe they were being very underhanded and never intended for it to be 11 fights for 35m each

Im shocked that people are shocked. Brand new company hands out unprecedented contracts and were surprised its a shit show with the biggest star/earner?

Nothing they ever claimed to offer seemed sustainable, with or without pandemic/live gates.

Im shocked that people are shocked. Brand new company hands out unprecedented contracts and were surprised its a shit show with the biggest star/earner?

Nothing they ever claimed to offer seemed sustainable, with or without pandemic/live gates.
I don’t think it’s a shock at all it never looked like it was realistic too many fights etc.

looks like canelo is the most shocked at the fact he is not going to get what he thought is was going to get.

Ok so something isn’t adding up here

canelo thinks DAZN have no say in who he fights and he is entitled to $35m a fight

on that basis why would DAZN think they could get away with saying he has to take a pay cut if he wants to fight X

So this means they think they either have a say in who he fights or that there is some sort of force majeure in the contract.

Also isn’t DAZN contract only with GPB not canelo himself? Canelo contract says he has to agree worth GPB who he fights and he can’t unreasonably block a fight. Who knows what the contact between GBP and DAZN says.

What would I have to be upset about? I'm not the one with the foot in my mouth.

Anyway, how do you feel about DAZN saying that Saunders isn't a premium opponent? <VinceCa$h>
I like to think that Billy is a premium opponent as he can name drop with the best of them

Damn, the upkeep on Canelo's horses are that high?

f88e1640e2b09b4d9c3ad47da49e83a4.jpg
Hairline 11/10

Da Horse

They not refusing to pay their top employees they are not signing off on the opponent canelo wants to fight for which they will need to pay him the broadcast rights for.

2% of employees being let go is not many given the current global circumstances and is hardly a sign they are in “trouble”

But agin twist the story make it about wilder to suit your narrative
You are the only one twisting it and making excuses. They are firing employees and won't let Canelo have a non freak show fight. Simple as that. Lmao at trying to manufacture statistics that have nothing to do with the subject at hand.
You just can't handle the fact that signing with them has proven to come at a great cost.

Where does Joshua fit into all of this??

Are going to re negotiate his contract as well??

Don’t forget how the press and the fans conveniently forget his failed drug tests

Fans won't stand truthful blrmishes to exist. They get as indignant as the fighter (moreso, sometimes).

Where does Joshua fit into all of this??

Are going to re negotiate his contract as well??
Fat Dan said they're trying to give him the ol' Rich Franklin UFC Champion contract after the Andy Ruiz bouts.
$24,000 to show, $24,000 to win, $48,000 per fight total---assuming a win.

The only guaranteed winner here is the lawyers. Would be rubbing their hands together vigorously.

Yup. Cherry picking shit opponents for his next fight, while DAZN lays off 1/50 of its employees, while Canelo feel no damage from the global pandemic.

Shitty human. But we know he is entitled. Who else fails two tests and then denies it, getting indignant when it is brough up? A shameless douchebag.

Ali said: "service to others is the rent you pay for your time here on earth."

While Ali was far from the paragon of nobility, I wish more poeple would live by those words.
Exactly - also Oscar is the reason he got that Draw and why he got a slap on the wrist for failing two PED tests.

And I agree that it was fucking weird of him to act like other people did something wrong (like Gennady) when he's the one who failed the drug tests (then came up with the dumbest excuse ever).

Back