Cancer and Marijuana

Big Pharma is evil, man. They shut down cures that would make their treatments obsolete, they mark up prices at the cost of the people who can least afford it, and they will sell you drugs that are just as bad if not worse than the original ailment so they can sell you more treatments to counteract it. They're in it for themselves, they just have the luxury of buying off the government to keep you ignorant and powerless to change things.

What cures did they shut down? I've done research for big pharma, so ive got bias, but they use a lot of that buying power to bring the best researchers on the planet onto their payrolls. They are profit driven for sure, but that's not a problem really, and in many ways it's a more honest motivator than academic success.

Hey guys I do have a question. Based on science, does marijuana make you think slower and become dumber?

Yea they are also finding success in treating these kids that have seizures all day. Basically there is CBD oil that either stops seizures or greatly reduces them without the use of pharmaceuticals.

Its pretty sad how the plant has been kept illegal all these years. Its one case where law enforcement got it wrong. We can all pretty much agree that heroin is bad, crack is bad, meth is bad. But these assholes in our government classified marijuana as the same as those others, its ridiculous.

It wasn't up to Law Enforcement. It was up to politicians and solely for political gain. The fact that a US government website has a statement on it that there may be a clear medical use for marijuana is a huge deal. It practically demands to be re-classified. Right now, it's in the same class as heroin, ecstasy, and peyote:

Schedule I

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule I drugs are the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:

heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote

Clearly, that can no longer stand any sort of legal challenge. Lionel Hutz could win that one. Care to join me in a belt of scotch?

The sadly ironic part of the whole situation is that if they had been researching this whole time instead of fighting the War on Drugs (fail) they would have been able to replace a majority of the plants containing high amounts of THC with plants that have a high CBD content. There could be all sorts of incentives to switch from growing one to the other.

The sadly ironic part of the whole situation is that if they had been researching this whole time instead of fighting the War on Drugs (fail) they would have been able to replace a majority of the plants containing high amounts of THC with plants that have a high CBD content. There could be all sorts of incentives to switch from growing one to the other.
There are countless other cannabinoids that are just now really being researched and their effects on different health conditions. CBD is just one cannabinoid. The idea that it is the only one showing medical benefits is false. Moving purely to CBD rich genetics would be a huge mistake.

Yeah but how many of it use it to ease your cancer treatments as opposed to just using it to get blazed and watch movies? Likely zero.

You see people doing dabs from dab bongs everywhere on social media. How many of those motherfuckers use it for cancer? Probably not a single one of them. They just like to get high. Pot has become this huge fad, and annoying stoners who just like to get high use the ruse of "But it's good for cancer patients!" to justify being a pothead.

Hey hey hey hey smoke weed everyday

snoop-dogg-gggggga721eb54a9-290x595x58.gif

Last time I checked, Dronabinol (psychoactive constituent of cannabis) was schedule III right along with Anabolic steroids but there are actual studies that put Megestrol ahead of Dronabinol (Marinol) for it's intended use in cancer. If you really want accurate information, how about you post the actual research papers comparing the efficacy of Cannabis killing cancer cells compared to the treatments already set in stone for cancers? The link you posted didn't even specify the type of cancer cells it was killing and if it was in vivo or in vitro.

It was discovered in the '70's that marijuana (or the 'cannabinoids' in marijuana) can kill certain cancer cells. This research was handed to pharmaceutical companies (I believe under Gerald Ford's administration) but they were unable to come up with a synethcal alternative and so the research was scapped. There's a reason why the US Government holds a patent for the medicinal use of marijuana.

Yeah but how many of it use it to ease your cancer treatments as opposed to just using it to get blazed and watch movies? Likely zero.

You see people doing dabs from dab bongs everywhere on social media. How many of those motherfuckers use it for cancer? Probably not a single one of them. They just like to get high. Pot has become this huge fad, and annoying stoners who just like to get high use the ruse of "But it's good for cancer patients!" to justify being a pothead.
Clearly not zero, as there are people using it for medical reasons every day.

Are there people getting medical cards and using it for recreation? Absolutely, but who fuckingn cares? It should be legal everywhere for that as well.

However, the fact that it is used for recreation does not negate the fact that it also has medical benefits. If anything it just shows the plants versatility. To call something that has been consumed for thousands of years by humans a "fad" is pretty stupid.

I have used cannabis for health issues, but I do also use it for recreation and I don't need an excuse.

You know what's more annoying then an annoying stoner? Someone who hates things other people enjoy just because they enjoy it. "Damn kids!" And like the other poster said it's been around for thousands of years. Not exactly a fad.

I'm certainly not "anti-pot" but haven't studies linked it to testicular cancer?

Easy fix. Follow Angelina Jolie's lead and have a doctor remove the appendages which might be at risk for cancer. I'd like to think half of us here don't need balls anyway.

My chronic powered cells must be crushing cancer like Ronda does her competition.

Easy fix. Follow Angelina Jolie's lead and have a doctor remove the appendages which might be at risk for cancer. I'd like to think half of us here don't need balls anyway.

Dude, when are you gonna remove my sister's pic from your av? It feels like my fam is keeping tabs on me.

There are countless other cannabinoids that are just now really being researched and their effects on different health conditions. CBD is just one cannabinoid. The idea that it is the only one showing medical benefits is false. Moving purely to CBD rich genetics would be a huge mistake.

I didn't say anything of the sort. It was an example.

Dude, when are you gonna remove my sister's pic from your av? It feels like my fam is keeping tabs on me.

Little sister or big sister? My decision to remove it or not heavily depends on this question.

lol, reminds me of the time I got my hands on a picture of Badtangent's cousin and made it my av.

Little sister or big sister? My decision to remove it or not heavily depends on this question.

lol, reminds me of the time I got my hands on a picture of Badtangent's cousin and made it my av.

Lil, but she's 26. Though if you'd mix in a bit of my 15 YO sis, who has humongous eyes. It would really be eerily similar

Clearly not zero, as there are people using it for medical reasons every day.

Are there people getting medical cards and using it for recreation? Absolutely, but who fuckingn cares? It should be legal everywhere for that as well.

However, the fact that it is used for recreation does not negate the fact that it also has medical benefits. If anything it just shows the plants versatility. To call something that has been consumed for thousands of years by humans a "fad" is pretty stupid.

I have used cannabis for health issues, but I do also use it for recreation and I don't need an excuse.

You're probably old as shit so you probably wouldn't even be able to spot a current fad if you tried. People have been drinking beer for thousands of years, is craft beer not a fad? Derp.

I've smoked weed, but call a spade a spade. If you're using it purely for recreation that's fine. Just don't spout off facts about how it's good for cancer patients as if you actually care about them.

Back