Cancer and Marijuana

I wouldn't exactly say everyone wins. Most of the current, smaller scale growers are going to be pushed out of the market due to big money coming in and taking over everything. I can tell you most growers in my area don't want legalization because it can potentially put them out of business or drastically bring prices down.

Meh, I don't care about small growers. Legalizing it outright would be good for the majority. The small growers would then just have to get a real job.

Sad thing is they'll hide evidence as long as they can that oil cures cancer (assuming it does) so they still make top dollar selling meds and treating patients.

It's probable been posted already but if it hasn't and you are interested in the subject then watch this video.

Rick Simpson - Run From The Cure.
[YT]hmYNLNF7NBw[/YT]

Ya people should really stop saying that "marijuana"/pot/weed kills cancer.

What kills cancer is cannabinoid compounds introduced directly into the tumour. It's not the same thing, at all, as getting high.
http://www.uea.ac.uk/about/media-ro...ow-cannabis-compound-could-slow-tumour-growth

"Our research uses an isolated chemical compound and using the correct concentration is vital. Cancer patients should not use cannabis to self-medicate, but I hope that our research will lead to a safe synthetic equivalent being available in the future."

Ya people should really stop saying that "marijuana"/pot/weed kills cancer.

What kills cancer is cannabinoid compounds introduced directly into the tumour. It's not the same thing, at all, as getting high.
http://www.uea.ac.uk/about/media-ro...ow-cannabis-compound-could-slow-tumour-growth
So your saying Marijuana doesn't kill cancer but cannabinoids in Marijuana kill cancer cells... OK, so Marijuana does kill cancer...

Read your quote. Why shouldn't they use cannabis? I personally know people with cancer that use cannabis, and "getting high" DOES help them. If not to kill cancer cells, emotionally and mentally it does, but nobody is saying smoke a joint to kill cancer we are aware of the differences in application. The people doing research on this are looking at individual and combinations of cannabinoid profiles. Why would they have to create a synthetic "safe" version when the natural one is already safe? Oh yeah, profit.

Read your quote. Why shouldn't they use cannabis? I personally know people with cancer that use cannabis, and "getting high" DOES help them. If not to kill cancer cells, emotionally and mentally it does, but nobody is saying smoke a joint to kill cancer. They people doing research on this are looking at individual and combinations of cannabinoid profiles. Why would they have to create a synthetic "safe" version when the natural one is already safe? Oh yeah, profit.

This is exactly what stuck out in my mind. Both points. I don't think anyone believes smoking weed will kill cancer but for some it will bring back an appetite and stave off the general malaise caused by treatments and the cancer itself. Secondly, safe and synthetic shouldn't be used in the same sentence. The only reason to develop a synthetic would be for profit. Just grow the damn plant and extract the real thing.

Back