Canadian evolution of the Queen's face on our monies and KFC's Toonie Tuesdays

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
It's interesting how long living that queen is - taking the crown in 1952 when her dad died she was really young

Her first coin face representation is as follows

image-1-cent-1953-g.jpg

She appears to be wearing some kind of vine on her head? Her young and un characterized face expresses her innocence and how she was thrust into power. This was her representation from 53-64

Then

canada_1_dollar_1969.jpg

Here she looks more dignified. Her crown is now an actual crown - she looks more prestigious and solidified into her role

This was the face from 65-89

then

623932400023ICO-3.jpg

Her crown got much bigger now - she is a wise old lady who is now famous and loved. This was her face from 1990 - 2002

But then

main-qimg-5407cf85cbac90876f7782b0d0fba5f3.webp

From 2003 she has been rendered as a senior citizen and it's unclear if she's even a queen. Her crown appears to be too heavy for her feeble neck bones to hold up so it's some elderly lady on her coin. Where is her crown?!?!!? This has always bothered me cause I thought she would unlock the largest crown yet but this is a major downgrade

As the vampire queen continues to extend her life to extreme unnatural length I wonder if her face will be upgraded for a 5th time?

At the time of this post the queen is 93 years old!!!

For some reason I always found this stuff interesting.

I used to collect coins and had a penny from almost every year until Canada made pennies illegal

UK should invade Canada over this utter besmirching of our much loved ruler!

The queen shouldn’t be on our money. End the monarchy!!! Kings and Queens are ancient relics and should be done with.

I'll never forget this set of bills as a child. Goat set. Used to cut out paper and try to color them, draw them exactly. In other words, a counterfeiter in training..

81WgCOZclAL._UL1452_.jpg

ffb8bbefa31c427f0680efbaa8113151.jpg

boc1954-mp-$5-f.jpg

devilsfacebill_1400x.progressive.jpg

5332190a5e9767a52062c6cc8ae7d5db.jpg

398px-Obverse_of_%2450_banknote%2C_Canada_1954_Series%2C_"Devil%27s_Head"_printing.jpg

CA43.jpg

1954-1000-dollar-recto.jpg

I found an unfamiliar foreign looking coin in a pub toilets a few weeks ago & took home.

I finally google the coin and it turned out to only be a current date Polish 2 pence.

Remember this?

kfc_toonie_tuesday.png

You used to actually get two pieces of fried chicken and some fried for 2 dollar

money_19_tns.png
money_19_tns.png
money_19_tns.png

Tuesday used to be a madhouse at KFC cause of this

But as time went on and inflation and all that jazz ... near the end Toonie Tuesday was 2.99

Then it was no longer financially viable to carry this on and it went extinct :(

Now Tuesdays sucks

Remember the memories

images

6287709360_1b44c59423_b.jpg

kfc00.jpg

IMG_0086.JPG

KFC-02-11-2016_5298.jpg

Toonie Tuesday was always bullshit because of the fucking GST. The damn tax should've been included in the $2 so even at the beginning it should've been called the $2.30 Tuesday.

It's interesting how long living that queen is - taking the crown in 1952 when her dad died she was really young

image-1-cent-1953-g.jpg

She appears to be wearing some kind of vine on her head? Her young and un characterized face expresses her innocence and how she was thrust into power. This was her representation from 53-64

Then

canada_1_dollar_1969.jpg

Here she looks more dignified. Her crown is now an actual crown - she looks more prestigious and solidified into her role

then

623932400023ICO-3.jpg

Her crown got much bigger now - she is a wise old lady who is now famous and loved. This was her face from 1990 - 2002

But then

From 2003 she has been rendered as a senior citizen and it's unclear if she's even a queen. Her crown appears to be too heavy for her feeble neck bones to hold up so it's some elderly lady on her coin. Where is her crown?!?!!? This has always bothered me cause I thought she would unlock the largest crown yet but this is a major downgrade

As the vampire queen continues to extend her life to extreme unnatural length I wonder if her face will be upgraded for a 5th time?

I used to collect coins and had a penny from almost every year until Canada made pennies illegal

Canada went through a brief anti-monarchy period in the late 1800s, as is reflected by this short-lived coin featuring a young Queen Victoria:

1_28_1200x1200.JPG

Canada would be better off with the queen than this other queen.
View attachment 683765

Yeah because the people who make memes like that hate immigrants for their conservative beliefs. Lmao.

That “Queen” TKO’d a conservative senator in a boxing match. Later turned out the guy he beat was a sex offender. Retarded knuckle dragging conservatives still call him a pussy; but what can ya do. (For the record I don’t even like him.)

image-1-cent-1953-g.jpg

Then

canada_1_dollar_1969.jpg

then

623932400023ICO-3.jpg

But then

I have a small jar full of pennies. Maybe one day, in 200 years they will be worth something.

They never made her a dime though

Back