Can you guys talk me into finally watching the godfather

It blows scarface away though it’s a different type of film. 1&2 are classics. 3 isn’t as bad as people make out

You should absolutely watch them.

They are great stories about family. The first movie is mainly about the one legitimate son- a war hero- stepping up and helping his family in their time of need (by becoming a gangster boss)..

The second movie is about that gangster boss trying to grow his empire while protecting his ass literally and politically, all while his marriage and family suffers.

The third movie is about incest with an ugly cousin and Joe Montegna overacting enough to make 90s Pacino look subtle.

Don’t ever watch it, your forbidden...

As a hugeeeeeeee movie aficionado I know its kind of ridiculous I still have yet to see this, but I dont know. Just from picking up a tiny amount of details here and there I have this feeling, really based on nothing tbh, that its gonna be dated and boring.
I do love gangster movies though and consider myself a gangster, so am I missing out on not watching it? If I liked Scarface will I definitely like TG?

Great Classic films would should or could never be considered dated nor boring. If you watch or have seen The Godfather and you feel like it is either dated or boring then all I can say is...
giphy.gif

There is no way you're a movie aficionado.

I would bet my left nut that I've seen more movies than you. Just because I have neglected one popular one doesn't change everything.

according to IloveTHIS, IloveTHIS has:

seen more movies than you
eaten spicier foods than you
better hot sauces than you
lower body fat % than you
better model quality looks than you
been blown by more trans women than you
given handies to more friends at camp than you

Huge movie aficionado that has never seen The Godfather is an oxymoron.

As a hugeeeeeeee movie aficionado I know its kind of ridiculous I still have yet to see this, but I dont know. Just from picking up a tiny amount of details here and there I have this feeling, really based on nothing tbh, that its gonna be dated and boring.

I do love gangster movies though and consider myself a gangster, so am I missing out on not watching it? If I liked Scarface will I definitely like TG?
Huge movie aficionado my ass if you havent seen the Godfather you fuckin scumbag.

AbleCleanAngwantibo-size_restricted.gif

I would bet my left nut that I've seen more movies than you. Just because I have neglected one popular one doesn't change everything.
In the time since you made this thread, you could have been nearly finished with both of those movies.

Why the fuck should we have to convince you to watch two of the greatest movies in American cinematic history? This is like asking us to convince you to stick your dick into a wet and willing model.

One of the rare cases where an excellent book is trumped by a movie. I’m not big on movies but this is one is great, I think Sonny might be my favourite character.

Last edited:
The Godfather is my all-time favorite movie. Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Robert Duvall, James Caan, and John Cazale. It's truly a masterpiece from start to finish. The only small tiny mistake is the horrible punch thrown by Sonny, but that's just a small nitpick in what's honestly a perfect film.

Robert Deniro tried out for Sonny but it went to Caan, but he impressed so much he was asked to come back and try out for Vito in Godfather II, which he got.

@IloveTHIS you should do yourself a favor and watch this film. You will not be disappointed. Imo the events leading up to the films climax is one of the best in films history , along with the ending.

If you enjoy it then watch Godfather II, which both films are in my top 5 Favorite movies.

They did combine both films in chronological order called The Godfather Epic, which is over 6 hour long but truly worth watching. I wish it was on DVD or digital because I would buy it no question but it's impossible to find.

The soundtrack and atmosphere make it worth watching. The acting is also solid and it’s shot well.

That horn just grabs a hold of you right from the opening and you’re hooked

Watch it or you'll find a horse's head in your bed.

Back