Can you guys talk me into finally watching the godfather

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
As a hugeeeeeeee movie aficionado I know its kind of ridiculous I still have yet to see this, but I dont know. Just from picking up a tiny amount of details here and there I have this feeling, really based on nothing tbh, that its gonna be dated and boring.

I do love gangster movies though and consider myself a gangster, so am I missing out on not watching it? If I liked Scarface will I definitely like TG?

You will definitely like The Godfather 1 & 2. Maybe give 3rd one a miss.

giphy.gif

Lol @ even THINKING about comparing Scarface to one of the best films ever made, The Godfather.

I'd much sooner try to convince you to bang one of the multiple trannies at your job (which honestly we all know doesn't need much effort) than to ever try and relate why The Godfather is required viewing. Lol @ you being an aficionado of anything but shitty threads.

<13>

I believe you are referring to The Godfather (1972).

It's not really dated or boring. In those regards it's held up extremely well. The expensive italian suits, the music and most of the the locations are all pretty much timeless.

The main problem you're likely to have, is the fact you'll basically know most of the scenes already as it's been copied and parodied so many times.

The soundtrack and atmosphere make it worth watching. The acting is also solid and it’s shot well.

My cousin Dickie is in it!

...WAS in it. He's dead now. Got hit by a bus.

Quick story: he showed up at his nephew's funeral and my half-deaf grandfather started making fun of his coke habit as loud as he could, right in front of him, while pretending he didn't know he was there.

DURRRY YA PRESS THE BUTTON THAT SAYS PLAY....

Those movies were so instrumental to De Niro and Pacino's careers that I eventually watched them, and I remember being entertained.

GF3 was a hot mess, but worth at least one watch to see the saga end.

There is no way you're a movie aficionado.

The Godfather is definitely worth watching at least one time.

Great story
Great acting
Great dialogue

b r u h, its a decent trilogy or whatever, but watch it or not, its not gonna change your life or nothing

this scene always hits me HARD with the feels.

Back