Can you get knocked out and not suffer a concussion?

You wouldn't 'go out' of you didn't receive a concussion.. Think about it u think there is literally a button that magically shuts off the brain because it gets hit??? Think Holmes.

You can actually get a bad concussion without receiving a blow to the head. I did, massive explosion big enough to turn a full size dump truck into shards of metal on nearby roofs and blow the walls down from a bunker. Pure shock wave, knocked me out bad too. And everyone around me. Funny but I actually remember looking back on it the explosion and flying backwards and having no control to stop it and everything going black before I even hit the ground. Woke up on the ground thinking I was blackout drunk at home waking up on my floor for about the first 15 seconds until I gathered my wits and realized we were being shot at. But yeah, anything that sends the brain into the inside of the skull, and it is even worse at an angle, (correct me if I am wrong) hence being knocked out easier to a hook to the chin due to the lever of the chin and the rotation of the skull.

Yea, I knew there was a difference between blunt force trauma and restricting the flow of blood to the brain. I just was wondering if there were similarities among the two, other than brain damage. One being caused by said blunt force trauma and the other by lack of blood and oxygen to the brain. But I honestly don't know.

Brain cell death due to lack of oxygen takes minutes. You're not going to receive brain damage from a choke unless it's held for a long time after loss of consciousness.

We're you considering going Tom Lawlor Dave Kaplan on a buddy of yours ? But I think that incident is a good example Dave Kaplanwas knocked out and as far as iIknow hhe didn't have a concussion

This thread did not really answer my question. Im left now with even more questions. But I guess that's how we make progress. Ask questions.

I thought a concussion was exactly how it's defined - that is, the brain impacting against the skull. Whether this happens from a blow to the head itself or as a result of the head turning from a chin shot, it's still an impact on the brain.

Depriving the brain of oxygen does not result in a concussion, because the person is never concussed according to the definition of the word.

Yes if you were koed you have a concussion. A ko is the result of your brain rattling around in your skull.

omg there's a neurologist on hurr!
you sir are a maniac

Easy answer yes.

When you're attempting to KO somebody you're trying to get their brain to smash into their skull.

You can not be ko'ed still get a concussion. This happens to football players all the time.

But if you go unconscious then you definitely have a concussion.

Based on what I just watched, being knocked out DOES result in a concussion and several people above don't know what they're talking about.

A KO in the ring? No. Bas would KO people with a liver kick. You telling me that hurt their head?

A KO in the ring? No. Bas would KO people with a liver kick. You telling me that hurt their head?
A liver kick doesn't ko you or cause a concussion. Don't know wtf you're talking about.

Wrong. the answer is yes

Concussion is simply the brain hitting the cranium due to a large blow. being ko'd happens when you get clipped in the jaw area, a nervous response. the two are correlated but not the same

Goof

Did you just make that up?

A liver kick doesn't ko you or cause a concussion. Don't know wtf you're talking about.
Win 18–4 Jason DeLucia TKO (palm strike to liver) Pancrase: Truth 6 25 June 1996 1 8:48 Fukuoka, Fukuoka, Japan

A TKO includes a KO dude. You can get KO in a fight without a hit to the noggin. And if you want to argue TKO vs. KO he has a legit KO for a palm strike to the liver as well.

So obviously you can be KO without being concussed.

Wrong. the answer is yes

Concussion is simply the brain hitting the cranium due to a large blow. being ko'd happens when you get clipped in the jaw area, a nervous response. the two are correlated but not the same

Goof

No, goof.

Win 18–4 Jason DeLucia TKO (palm strike to liver) Pancrase: Truth 6 25 June 1996 1 8:48 Fukuoka, Fukuoka, Japan

A TKO includes a KO dude. You can get KO in a fight without a hit to the noggin. And if you want to argue TKO vs. KO he has a legit KO for a palm strike to the liver as well.

Hurr dur. No, a tko is completely and entirely different from a KO. This is not rocket science. A ko = knocked unconscious by a shot to the head. A tko can be an accumulation of damage or something like a liver or body shot where it puts you down but you're still conscious.

The op very, very, very clearly was referring to a ko caused by blunt force trauma to the head. God damn the fact that I even need to clarify that ffs. Use your critical thinking skills.

You can get knocked out from pain just about anywhere, some people go unconscious due to dental work. Some women go under due to birthing pain. It does not take a hit to the cranium. A good hit to the Solar Plexus, the Liver and probably some other places could render you unconscious and you would not have a concussion.

Hurr dur. No, a tko is completely and entirely different from a KO. This is not rocket science. A ko = knocked unconscious by a shot to the head. A tko can be an accumulation of damage or something like a liver or body shot where it puts you down but you're still conscious.

The op very, very, very clearly was referring to a ko caused by blunt force trauma to the head. God damn the fact that I even need to clarify that ffs. Use your critical thinking skills.

Your wrong, KO has been given without a shot to the head. OP was not specific enough for me. Suck the truth, gurgle it, let its salty taste slip down your gullet.

Brains how do they work?

Your wrong, KO has been given without a shot to the head. OP was not specific enough for me. Suck the truth, gurgle it, let its salty taste slip down your gullet.

You're* dumb.

Don't make condescending posts and make grade school mistakes at the same time. It doesn't look good on you.

Back