Can you get knocked out and not suffer a concussion?

A liver kick doesn't ko you or cause a concussion. Don't know wtf you're talking about.
Actually you can go out from a liver shot. Crocop was out from Hoost in their 1999 bout from multiple liver shots. There is actually science behind it, something similar to passing out due to pain/blood rushing to it. But a knock out from a blow to the head is almost always considered a grade 3 concussion from all the groups that have concussion grades.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concussion
and of course there are a ton of references at the bottom.

A KO in the ring? No. Bas would KO people with a liver kick. You telling me that hurt their head?
In the context it was used, TS was referring to head trauma. If you want to have some type of moral victory playing semantics with me, go ahead. You win.

Wrong. the answer is yes

Concussion is simply the brain hitting the cranium due to a large blow. being ko'd happens when you get clipped in the jaw area, a nervous response. the two are correlated but not the same

Goof
Lol, the theory behind what causes a knockout (and it is a theory, they don't know exactly what causes it) is the brain being slammed forward into the cranium in the small amount of space it has to move. The reason hitting the jaw and clipping the back of the head are most likely so effective is is hit that spot is like jumping on the other end of a catapult, whipping your head one way and your brain going the other way

Actually you can go out from a liver shot. Crocop was out from Hoost in their 1999 bout from multiple liver shots. There is actually science behind it, something similar to passing out due to pain/blood rushing to it. But a knock out from a blow to the head is almost always considered a grade 3 concussion from all the groups that have concussion grades.
Yeah most liver kicks scored a tko are because the guy is dropped and can't recover, but it is possible to put someone out with one. Either way it should have been more than obvious from context that blunt force to the head is what was under discussion. As you said, you can't get your brain shut off and NOT be concussed.

You're* dumb.

Don't make condescending posts and make grade school mistakes at the same time. It doesn't look good on you.

It is his wrong, not mine, he owns it. Besides I don't ever use contractions.

I've been looking around the Web before I decided to make this thread and I've gotten conflicting reports.

One has said that when u get knocked out from strikes. No doubt you have suffered a concussion. Basically what defines a concussion is temporary loss of brain function. And a knock out by that definition is loss o brain function.

While a few others have said. Not necessarily. You can get knocked out without suffering concussion. Albeit a bit ore rare. But u won't really know until you get evaluated by a doctor. There have been instances where a fighter was knocked out. Went to the doctor and the doctor says he didn't sustain a concussion.

So which one is it Sherbros?
Can you get beef without having a taco?

People can definitely pass out from pain, I'm guessing that is what happens in those cases unless the body has some kind of shut down response to protect the liver but I doubt it

Win 18–4 Jason DeLucia TKO (palm strike to liver) Pancrase: Truth 6 25 June 1996 1 8:48 Fukuoka, Fukuoka, Japan

A TKO includes a KO dude. You can get KO in a fight without a hit to the noggin. And if you want to argue TKO vs. KO he has a legit KO for a palm strike to the liver as well.

So obviously you can be KO without being concussed.

Watch fights, don't just read stats.

Your wrong, KO has been given without a shot to the head. OP was not specific enough for me. Suck the truth, gurgle it, let its salty taste slip down your gullet.
God fucking damn it you're a retard. Literally everyone else but you realized what the topic of discussion was. Go troll somewhere else you fucking half wit.

In the context it was used, TS was referring to head trauma. If you want to have some type of moral victory playing semantics with me, go ahead. You win.

giphy.gif

Watch fights, don't just read stats.

I do, plenty of them. I have seen the KO, loss of consciousness, and no head strike. Those who have not. Meh.

It is his wrong, not mine, he owns it. Besides I don't ever use contractions.

Then you don't ever use proper grammar and you're probably not as smart as you think you are.

after reading all the replies, it seems eating liver with bass while shaking your head will cause a concussion, right?

All other sport try avoiding concussions and MMA wants them so bad. I swear this sport of fighting will be banned when we're all grandparents.

after reading all the replies, it seems eating liver with bass while shaking your head will cause a concussion, right?

You can watch the fight that was pointed out as a KO shot to the liver on youtube, and will quite clearly see he never goes unconscious. Why it is listed as a KO is beyond me but you can see the guy is stunned, hurt, but conscious. Anyone pointing to that stat as proof hasn't watched the fight.

Then you don't ever use proper grammar and you're probably not as smart as you think you are.

I am here for the just bleed God. To each his own. Just like Terry Bradshaw, I am so dumb I need a pilot to fly my plane.

You can watch the fight that was pointed out as a KO shot to the liver on youtube, and will quite clearly see he never goes unconscious. Why it is listed as a KO is beyond me but you can see the guy is stunned, hurt, but conscious. Anyone pointing to that stat as proof hasn't watched the fight.

Well please enlighten me? How do you determine conscious and unconscious? Can you be unconscious with your eyes open? Can you be grabbing at a ref? Can you be throwing a punch? Just need some clarifications from the expert.

He can KO you with his mind powers!
bas-rutten.jpg

Can you get a concussion without getting circumcised?

Back