Can you get knocked out and not suffer a concussion?

Any KO from head trauma is a concussion, but concussions can happen without a KO. Others have said this, they're correct. Those saying one can get KOed without incurring a concussion are wrong.

Sorry to bump and old thread but I searched this on google and my thread came up. Lol. Still didn’t get a clear answer but a knockout like lights out usually means a concussion

Sorry to bump and old thread but I searched this on google and my thread came up. Lol. Still didn’t get a clear answer but a knockout like lights out usually means a concussion
I'd be curious what links you had that said no. I've always thought that if you black out from a blow to your head, it's because your brain bounced off your skull, which is also a concussion.

3rd response said getting hit in the jaw causes a blackout not from your brain smashing against the skull. But he was banned.

I'd be curious what links you had that said no. I've always thought that if you black out from a blow to your head, it's because your brain bounced off your skull, which is also a concussion.

3rd response said getting hit in the jaw causes a blackout not from your brain smashing against the skull. But he was banned.
I think it’s most likely 98 percent of the time a concussion. Maybe rare instances where someone blacks out due to exhaustion or hyperventilating during a fight and it may look like a knock out blow. That’s from what I gathered. I think not going lights out and suffering a concussion is worse. I remember Bret Hart got kicked in the head by Goldberg legit and he wasn’t lights out and that pretty much ended his career.

Basically what defines a concussion is temporary loss of brain function. And a knock out by that definition is loss o brain function.
This.
You can hit your head without suffering a concussion.
You can lose by tko and not suffering a concussion if the referee stops it before you really get concussed.

This.
You can hit your head without suffering a concussion.
You can lose by tko and not suffering a concussion if the referee stops it before you really get concussed.
Herb dean really saved Ronda from another one. Damn him.

1- there is no magic sensor in your brain/skull with a chip which Doctors can scan to confirm whether your brain bounces off your skull. Doctors are diagnosing SYMPTOMS.

2- if a doctor thinks you didn't have a concussion after being knocked unconscious from a blow to the head, they should have their license to practice medicine revoked.

If they decide you don't have concussion SYMPTOMS, that is one thing, but if you got knocked into the dark realm, you got a concussion.
Take it from a qualified Sherbro.

Feels like this is the KO in question. Or to be examined anyway.

tB9Uzwg.gif

Completely out on his way to the ground, staggered upon waking up, but not a tremendous amount of force absorbed on the shot and his arms braced the fall.

Concussed?

If a concussion is a temporary loss of brain function, wouldn't getting choked unconscious be the same. Seeing as how the lack of oxygen temporarily shuts down the brain. I could be completely wrong, never really looked into to be honest.

The word “concuss” in Latin means to shake violently. The actual definition is an effect from a blow to the head.

A choke’s effects are from lack of oxygen, while a concussion’s effects are from brain compression.

Feels like this is the KO in question. Or to be examined anyway.

tB9Uzwg.gif

Completely out on his way to the ground, staggered upon waking up, but not a tremendous amount of force absorbed on the shot and his arms braced the fall.

Concussed?
Yes

Concussion - is a type of traumatic brain injury caused by a bump, blow, or jolt to the head or by a hit to the body that causes the head and brain to move rapidly back and forth.

Rapid movement causes brain tissue to change shape, which can stretch and damage brain cells. This damage also causes chemical and metabolic changes within the brain cells, making it more difficult for cells to function and communicate.

I’ve been knocked completely unconscious three times and had a concussion all three times. Can’t speak for others.

Back