Can we build the great pyramids of Giza with today technology and innovation?

Can we build the great pyramids of Giza with today technology and innovation?

• Total voters
Some asshole a couple centuries ago or more cut a tunnel through the mofo because they didn’t find the door.
It’s not rubble on the inside, that’s fairly common knowledge..
Documented history of The Great Pyramid begins in 820 AD, when the Caliph of Baghdad, Abdullah Al Mamoun (786-833), forced his way through the north face in search of a fabled treasure of ancient documents and artifacts. Exactly what Mamoun expected to find inside the pyramid is difficult to say. He is reported to be an educated man who tried, without success, to calculate the true circumference of the Earth, and who sought to regain ancient navigational knowledge that had been lost when the library of Alexandria was destroyed.

Hacking blindly into the base of the pyramid, Mamoun eventually broke into the Descending Passage just below its carefully hidden junction with the Ascending Passage. From here he was free to explore everything in the pyramid’s lower interior, from the formally concealed entrance (ironically just a few feet from his forced tunnel) to the lower passages and Subterranean Chambers. Finding nothing that interested him in the lower part of the interior, Mamoun turned his attention to the foot of the Ascending Passage, which, after remaining concealed for thousands of years, had been exposed when its stone seal had been dislodged by his excavations.

Ordered to tunnel up and around what was eventually discovered to be three huge granite plugs (still wedged firmly in place today), Mamoun’s men smashed out core masonry and then broke up several smaller limestone plugs which had been placed behind the heavier, harder and more securely wedged granite. Having finally gained access to the Ascending Passage, Mamoun climbed into the heart of the pyramid, where he found the upper end of the Well Shaft, the Grand Gallery, the King & Queen’s Chambers and almost all other known features located in the upper body of the pyramid.

It is both interesting and important to note that Mamoun and his men, after tunneling horizontally for a hundred feet through solid stone, now went to almost unimaginable lengths to tunnel upward, around the granite plugs that blocked the Ascending Passage. This would seem to confirm, once again, that the bottom of the Well Shaft was effectively concealed at that time. If this had not been so, it would have been far easier for Mamoun’s men to remove the loose rubble that we know filled the Well Shaft, than to tunnel upward through solid stone.

One can only imagine Mamoun’s thoughts as he and his men explored the upper part of the pyramid. The disappointment of finding only cramped passages and empty chambers, and the confusion of staring into the empty coffer must have been heart breaking. Although the treasure Mamoun sought had, quite literally, been staring him in the face since before he’d broken into the pyramid, it remained concealed by his own greed, and he was eventually forced to pay his men from his own pocket. Aside from a few interesting but unsubstantiated rumors to the contrary, the interior features of the pyramid are all that were exposed at that time and, regrettably, both the pyramid and mankind failed to benefit from their discovery.

Despite his reputation as an educated and enlightened man, Mamoun shamelessly savaged the Great Pyramid and left without giving its size, orientation and curiously arranged passages & chambers another thought. Open to the elements for the first time since it was built, the battered and bruised pyramid quietly awaited a much more serious and deadly attack.

This dude could do it by himself.

Yeah that's only 20 tons, how about moving 80 tons (Equivalent to 12 elephants)? They were moving these massive objects up a incline 400 feet high or higher.

Yes we could. I hate this enduring myth.

People hear "we don't know how they did it" or "we don't have the technology to do this today" and think that means we can't figure it out or develop that tech.
It's completely misguided.

We don't know how and we don't have the tech because we don't work with giant chunks of stone to that level of precision because that is stupid and a waste of our time. We've already developed materials that are far more reliable, consistent, easier to work with and cost-effective and all our construction practices and methodologies are based around these materials.

Like I don't know how to shoe a fucking horse but that's not because I couldn't figure it out but because I have no need to shoe any horses, I drive a car.

How is that stupid and a waste of time to try prove that you can build something like the great pyramid of Giza? (Sounds like that's just an excuse to not try build it) That's the main point of the issue is if we can build something of that scale today with it's accuracy. From what I see I don't believe so.

How is that stupid and a waste of time to try prove that you can build something like the great pyramid of Giza? (Sounds like that's just an excuse to not try build it) That's the main point of the issue is if we can build something of that scale today with it's accuracy. From what I see I don't believe so.

We have lasers. We could build it man. If we can build nuclear power plants we can make a fat triangle in the desert

Yeah that's only 20 tons, how about moving 80 tons (Equivalent to 12 elephants)? They were moving these massive objects up a incline 400 feet high or higher.

It's just 1 man though. I thinks if he had an army of slaves he could do it pretty easy.

Pyrmids were a technological marvel back in the day, but you need to be totally incompetent to think we could not build them today. Google Burj Khalifa ffs.

If it's total incompetence. Why haven't we build them yet? Thousands of years later.

Obvious question is obvious.

Not only could we build them again. We'd do it better.

It is patently ridiculous to suggest something like Chartres Cathedral is more impressive than Khufu. Of course it is subjective, but on a scale of what is more difficult to achieve in any time period, including our own, it's not even in the same universe of complexity in terms of re-constructing the two. All the Gothic Cathedrals combined wouldn't be as expensive to recreate as the great pyramid at Giza.

we don't have modern apparatuses to build the great pyramid today and it would be the single most expensive project in recorded history to cut, quarry and move the stones followed by recreating the internal and external structure.

People who haven't really thought about it have no idea how fucking bananas it is that so called "primitive" people, 300 years from being essentially nomads, built what we see at Giza.

Of course we could build the great pyramid today, but we would have to construct an entire new set of tools to do it as we do nothing anywhere near it in scale with cut rock in modern times and we don't have the cranes set up to do it either...and that is all after having cut, quarried and moved the stones.

Their are 2.3 million stones in the great pyramid weighing from 1 to 80 tons each. It's also engineered with 8 sides, not 4 which further complicates everything. Everything about it is complicated, despite most seeing it as a simple shape of block building. It would take SERIOUS engineering and ground planning to get anywhere near the accuracy of the alignment to the cardinal directions as well, the accuracy of its alignment to true north is 3/60's of a degree off of perfection...and that's on a 14 acre foot print. That is insanely hard to do, doesn't matter what time you live in.

Well said, I echo everything you say here.

Where our pyramid of Giza? We haven't built anything of that scale today and that was a thousands of years ago.

We landed a Man on the Moon and have man made objects on another planet. That is 1000x more impressive than building anything on this planet. Building something out of rocks is pointless. We built the Cern Collider and Panama Canal and a bunch of other stuff that is more impressive to me. Building prymids would be going Backwards for humans.

We landed a Man on the Moon and have man made objects on another planet. That is 1000x more impressive than building anything on this planet. Building something out of rocks is pointless. We built the Cern Collider and Panama Canal and a bunch of other stuff that is more impressive to me. Building prymids would be going Backwards for humans.

Those are incredible feats by mankind, yes.

The point of this whole thing is can we build the pyramids and so far who we haven't. This shows me that there was advanced ancient civilization who knew better than us when it came to building these pyramids. Or Aliens help build the pyramids. Pyramids are just not millions of blocks of stone put together. There was something unique about it. The precision it goes through. And other fascinating information which is talked about in the video I provided on my OP.

With a month of mobilisation/planning time we'd build it in two months.

Those are incredible feats by mankind, yes.

The point of this whole thing is can we build the pyramids and so far who we haven't. This shows me that there was advanced ancient civilization who knew better than us when it came to building these pyramids. Or Aliens help build the pyramids. Pyramids are just not millions of blocks of stone put together. There was something unique about it. The precision it goes through. And other fascinating information which is talked about in the video I provided on my OP.

What would be the point of building them today. It serve no purpose for us to even try. It would be a waste or time and money.

And for all the talk about how cool they are and how complex their, they are still just a bunch of rock in the desert. There is nothing there that helps mankind in any way today. We has surpassed them on so many lvl.

And I get that Mount Rushmore is the same thing and just as big as waste of time and money to me. We have moved so far ahead of Carving out mountain and building with rocks.

With a month of mobilisation/planning time we'd build it in two months.
Lol. Never mind the fact that it has a complex internal structure and that nature doesn't make square blocks and stack them in neat piles so we can play legos...by my calculation 2,300,000 (number of one ton+ blocks) ÷ 86,400 (minutes in 2 months) ... that's 26 blocks per minute.

We couldn't place 1 block per minute under these circumstances even if they all magically came pre rigged ready for hook up.

What would be the point of building them today. It serve no purpose for us to even try. It would be a waste or time and money.

And for all the talk about how cool they are and how complex their, they are still just a bunch of rock in the desert. There is nothing there that helps mankind in any way today. We has surpassed them on so many lvl.

And I get that Mount Rushmore is the same thing and just as big as waste of time and money to me. We have moved so far ahead of Carving out mountain and building with rocks.

Exactly. Rebuilding actual replicas of the pyramids would be an enormous project costing billions of dollars, for what? To say we can? We know we can.

There is a reason past civilizations built pyramids and not skyscrapers. A pyramid is literally the simplest large structure you can build.

Lol. Never mind the fact that it has a complex internal structure and that nature doesn't make square blocks and stack them in neat piles so we can play legos...by my calculation 2,300,000 (number of one ton+ blocks) ÷ 86,400 (minutes in 2 months) ... that's 26 blocks per minute.

We couldn't place 1 block per minute under these circumstances even if they all magically came pre rigged ready for hook up.
Did I stutter? The bottom of the thing is 750 ft a side. We'd have ramps every 50 ft with multiple custom frontloaders laying blocks on each. Quarrying is not a problem, there is no shortage of limestone and block cutting could be scaled up nearly indefinitely, not to mention the use of cast aggregate was good enough for them back then so no reason we can't use limestone concrete. Also, don't bullshit me about how uniform blocks were all cut and polished to a micrometer tolerance. The 'complex internal structure' affects a small fraction of the total volume.
jace_01308_f6.gif

The logistics wouldn't be that much more complicated than a modern port: the Port of Los Angeles did close to a million containers a month last year, they trucked them, craned them, stacked them, several a minute, round the clock containers much bigger than a pyramid block that's a meter and change square, tops.

Exactly. Rebuilding actual replicas of the pyramids would be an enormous project costing billions of dollars, for what? To say we can? We know we can.

There is a reason past civilizations built pyramids and not skyscrapers. A pyramid is literally the simplest large structure you can build.

If the simplest large structure we can build, than why would you say it was cost billions of dollars. There is nothing simple about building the pyramids at all. Just watch the video of my OP and you'll see it's a highly complex structure with such precision. There is nothing simple about it.

Both the Blue and White nile originate outside Egypt, but Egypt acts like the river belongs to it only. The Blue Nike originates in Ethiopia and contributes most the water to Egypt.

While Egypt has built the Aswan dams to harness the power of the nile and to use it for irrigation, Egypt demands Ethiopia not do the same.

This was my hunch for what's going on.

It's amazing how much water effects geopolitics.

China took over Tibet and still fight with India today over the Himalayas.

lol at the pyramid fanboys in this thread. has anyone brought up how you can find pi in the measurements of the pyramid?!?

Saying the obvious, that we could build the pyramid today, isn't taking away from the fact it was extremely impressive 4,000 years ago. No need to try and act like it would be out of our reach today.

Back