1. Where did your likes go? Please Read This Thread »

Can we build the great pyramids of Giza with today technology and innovation?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by MXZT, Jun 30, 2020.

?

Can we build the great pyramids of Giza with today technology and innovation?

1. Yes its possible.

83.3%
  2. No it's virtually impossible to build today.

16.7%
  1. ralphc1 Steel Belt Platinum Member

The Washington Monument is made of stone and taller than The Great Pyramid. There are seven churches made of stone that are taller than The Great Pyramid and much more technical marvels than a pile of rock.

Look at these pictures of the outer walls and tell me how regular the blocks are. I doubt that there are even 2 of the same dimensions.
    [​IMG]
    We don't know if there is cut stone all the way through the pyramid or if the center is stone rubble. Several people have wanted to drill into it to find out but it hasn't been allowed yet.

Logistics are everything today. I provided the statistics for the amount of containers shipped out of Shanghai and the total weight of stones in the pyramid being less than 3 days of shipping. There are many other ports that handle large volumes of containers also. We can cut rock into any shape and size. Many kitchens and have stone countertops. Some have stone floors.

There are many ways to cut rock today, from wire saws to circular saws to chainsaws. Here is a video that shows cutting granite and a second one that shows cutting the slabs.

They could cut all of the stones and simply set them in place.
    And now YOU know!

volodya likes this.
  2. misterfurious Green Belt

It’s not. Those are 6x6 steel posts, filled with concrete and a 1” diameter rebar down the center. A couple of drunks slammed head long into it at 60 mph in a pickup and didn’t even dent it. They are no longer with us...

3. andnowweknow The Giant On Whose Shoulders You Stand

Am not familiar with the 1300bc prince story. Like!

The history of famous men trying to "solve" the Great Pyramid (for example) is incredible.

Here is a great article on the Great Pyramid with old photos of the exterior and interior with explanations.

http://www.gizapyramid.com/newtour1.htm

And the story of Gentenbrinks door...which takes the words bizarre and confounding to new heights.

http://www.gizapyramid.com/hidden.htm

And finally for now, a great set of interesting short articles on the monument...including the experiences at Giza of Sir Isaac Newton and Napoleon Bonaparte.

http://www.gizapyramid.com/Stories.htm

Cherry Brigand likes this.
  4. 90 50 Gold Belt

Some asshole a couple centuries ago or more cut a tunnel through the mofo because they didn’t find the door.
    It’s not rubble on the inside, that’s fairly common knowledge..

5. andnowweknow The Giant On Whose Shoulders You Stand

You said the Great Pyramid was 6 million pounds. You were wrong.

Enjoy the comfort of what you think you know. It's not quite ignorance, but bliss comes in many forms:)

Enjoy this image of the EIGHT SIDED Great Pyramid at Giza! I wonder why they did this? Seems like a lot of trouble to go to.

[​IMG]

Steel Gloves, Jake the Muss and 90 50 like this.
  6. Jack Stevonovich Red Belt

that fence looks short!

7. Jack Reacheround Never Go Black

Exactly. How is this a fucking question? That’s like asking “Could we build a horse drawn carriage with today’s technology and innovation?” Yep. Pretty sure we could.

evergreenrider and Rygu like this.
  8. neonbelly*** Phantom of the OT Yellow Card

It's obviously technologically possible but grandeur and ambition are politically verboten these days.

andnowweknow likes this.
  9. Jesus X Gold Belt

I think a team of high school kids could do it with todays technology we have cranes among other equipment to move heavy things.

10. misterfurious Green Belt

It’s 30 feet tall, it’s pretty imposing when you’re standing next to it A7CB7625-D43D-4AEA-97E8-5D039C8EB4B3.jpeg

Jack Stevonovich likes this.
  11. Jack Stevonovich Red Belt

why haven't they even finished building it yet? Not even being able to build a fence isn't making a very good case for being able build a stone pyramid these days.

DooHoChoi and Jake the Muss like this.
  12. IIIIIIII Titanium Belt

yeah, it could definitely be built again. it's just not worth the time and effort to do it.

13. FadeLess Silver Belt

Yes, my friend, you are obviously completely right in alerting me to my lapse in concentration, so thank you.
    And yes, im also aware of Robert Schoch´s studies on the erosion of sphinx which indicate that the pyramids are at least a few thounsands of years older than the official establishment is prepared to admit, and i also know about John Anthony West´s work, who proposes that the pyramids were built even further before that, in the previous equinoctial precession.
    And i agree that both theories make much more sense than the current dogshit established dogma.

and i also know, that a documentary named "The Revelation of the Pyramids", which was made just this past decade, and all renown engineers interviewed said, on record, that even with our modern technology, it would next to impossible to replicate the pyramids.

DooHoChoi and 90 50 like this.
  14. cottagecheesefan Gold Belt

The pyramids were built by slaves and should be destroyed. You're racist for wanting to rebuild them.

15. MusclesMarinara Friends with Bigfoot

[​IMG]

This is the New Croton Dam. It is the next largest all stone structure in the world behind the pyramids. It was constructed between 1892 and 1906. It has the rather difficult job of retaining NYC's water supply. I'm pretty sure we can handle a pyramid.

16. andnowweknow The Giant On Whose Shoulders You Stand

I'd be interested to know if any natural stone in this dam weighs a ton, let alone all of them such as is the case with Khufu. Also, this is a mortar construction with incredible amounts of concrete and would have fallen down from what I've read briefly multiple times over the past CENTURY were it not undergoing constant upkeep.

Comparing this to the Great Pyramid is odd.

Jake the Muss likes this.
  17. Jack Stevonovich Red Belt

a pyramid... Murica can't even build a fence between us and mexico... a pyramid. hah!

18. andnowweknow The Giant On Whose Shoulders You Stand

Here's the measurements.

http://www.gizapyramid.com/measurements.htm

But instead of something ridiculous, why don't we show your high school team where the red granite from the kings chamber was quarried a solid 600 miles away from Giza. Give them all the tools, and see how many years it takes them to cut one stone, remove it, polish it, making sure it is perfectly flat down to micron tolerances and then move it the 600 miles and lift it several hundred feet in the air where the kings chamber sits in the Pyramid.

A time lapse video would be hilarious if they don't just quit after a week.

90 50 and Jake the Muss like this.
  19. superpunch Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

If I was working with huge stone blocks like that, I'd probably just hire some chemists to find out how to dissolve them. Then as far as moving them that far, it's nothing that pulleys, levers, and ramps can't take care of. If it really gets too hard then I'd just put an ad to hire aliens for help on the alien dark web.

20. MusclesMarinara Friends with Bigfoot

[​IMG]

You can see that little tiny human in the background. Each of those blocks are about three feet tall. I'm not sure how deep they are. I'm no rock expert, but they have to be in the ton range. And if this falls in line with my knowledge of the local history, the dam was likely assembled by Portuguese and Italian immigrants who worked under, pretty much, slave like conditions utilizing manpower, horse power and perhaps steam shovel.
    Roll the clock forward 100 years and the task becomes easier.. not to mention the multitude of new materials we have to work with.