Can someone explain the appeal of Joanna Jedrzejczyk to me?

Khalidov?
Grabowski?

There are many good fighters from Poland

Yes. But do they have a higher profile? How many UFC cards have they main evented?

Last edited:
Damned if I know. Once the UFC gets Karolina Kowalkiewicz in there, everyone will forget about her.

KO power.
Here's her KO of Rosi Sexton:

tumblr_n9ajtoTGs21r4c1k8o1_400.gif

Wow, that girl in TINY :eek:

I guess it's still kinda impressive to KO her but come on...that girl could probably make 85 pounds for crying out loud.

Wow, that girl is TINY :eek:

I guess it's still kinda impressive to KO her but come on...that girl could probably make 85 pounds for crying out loud.

Actually, Rosi Sexton fought in the UFC bantamweight division (135 lbs) when she was with the UFC.

I just wish she stood like 4 inches closer, this could be hell of a KO/KD.

Also, I guess someone will have to put up some spelling/pronunciation guide in case she actually beats Esparza. :icon_lol:

Firstly, he's not really Polish.

Secondly, does he even fite UFC bro? - what's that? there are other cagefighting than UFC? I've never heard about that, dude, bro.
Jedrzejczyk is main eventing the UFC, dude.

she 'ight.

Carla is going to big sister the shit out of her though.

Possibly the only woman in the ufc with really legit hands.
Really enjoyed her fights so far.

Yes. But do they have a higher profile? How many UFC events have they main evented?

Mamed Khalidov has consistently been one of the biggest draws in European MMA and would be top ten in the UFC at 185 lol. He is by far the biggest MMA name in Poland.

But Tybura and Grabowski are the two best heavyweights outside of the UFC, and if for any reason they show up under Zuffa contract, you can bet they will put on some goodass fights.

This Joanna girl, and I do like her, might be currently outdrawing cats like Marcin Held (who, admittedly, might ascend in ranking but not in drawing power as much) and Jan Blachowitz (who can ascend in both of those categories), but she is far from the highest profile Polack in MMA.

I don't care much for WMMA, but she is entertaining, and I'm hoping for sustained success from her.

I always liked Bart Palezszewski and Krzysztof Soszyński
Born

The Official name is JreDrizzy and she's a beast plain and simple. Has the biggest punching power and striking ability in WMMA, and she's fearless. Along with that she's a hot little number and kinda tiny and cute then she steps on the stage and gets in a b's face like "WHAT"S GOOD?"

Firstly, he's not really Polish.

Secondly, does he even fite UFC bro? - what's that? there are other cagefighting than UFC? I've never heard about that, dude, bro.
Jedrzejczyk is main eventing the UFC, dude.

Co-main.. but yeah.

Wow, that girl in TINY :eek:

That fight was fought at 125lbs. Sexton has spent most of her career at either 125 and 135 with a brief catchweight at 120 (at Bellator, vs. Zoila Frausto) Sexton probably could have fought some at 115lbs but that would have been a tough cut for her.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk, in MMA, had been fighting at 125 herself and between 122 and 128 for MT and KB. The UFC brought her into the 115lbs division, her first fight at that weight class was against Juliana Lima* in the UFC. Her second fight at that weight class was against Claudia Gadelha*.

There was considerable concern Jedrzejczyk wouldn't be able to make this weight class - she does not have a slender frame. She tends to walk around upwards of 135+ pounds.

* They have both each have three fights at 115lbs now themselves, having been fighting at 125 to 130 pounds prior to joining Invicta/UFC. Although Lima missed weight vs. Jedrzejczyk.

Back