Can someone explain the appeal of Joanna Jedrzejczyk to me?

Does she have a sherdog wide accepted nickname yet? I finally figured out Nurmagomedov, I don't even want to try with her last name. Joanna J? Jojo is taken.

She seriously needs to buy a vowel. 2 vowels, with 5 letters worth 8 or more points in Scrabble

the jedi/polish jedi/jj

those are the ones i have seen used so far

I watched her first fight in the UFC a little bit ago and I was entertained, which admittedly doesn't happen to often when I watch WMMA. But that chick threw nice combos, was always trying to get back to her feet after being taken down, and that uppercut, well.. that was fucking awesome. So she won me over.. i'll definitely check out her fights in the future.

She has some serious Muay Thai experience, and has a lot of power for 115 pound woman, which is sufficient, I guess.

Good for her. :D

She has powerful hands, people like strikers who knock people about and fight aggressively.
She also seems a little cray-cray, a lot of people like that too, in a womyn particularly.
Being the highest profile Polish fighter currently is probably also good for her 'internet trending factor'.

Oh c'mon

she looks sexy with her face greased up and her hair braided back, she fights well too.

Does she have a sherdog wide accepted nickname yet? I finally figured out Nurmagomedov, I don't even want to try with her last name. Joanna J? Jojo is taken.

She seriously needs to buy a vowel. 2 vowels, with 5 letters worth 8 or more points in Scrabble

I'm still campaigning for 'aunt creepy' to be her internet nickname.

Claudia-Gadelha-Joanna-J%C4%99drzejczyk.jpg

Lol, I knew someone would quibble it but...

Who else? Pudz? he's probably a higher profile admittedly, but he's not a credible, top fighter. He's famous for being a strongman firstly.

Who else? Pudz? he's probably a higher profile admittedly, but he's not a credible, top fighter. He's famous for being a strongman firstly.

Let's see... there's Marcin Held who is a decent fighter but languishing in Bellator for the time being, Tomasz Drwal who is mostly know for having his ankle ruined by Palhares... Piotr Hallmann, who is a journeyman... Yes I think Joanna almost has to be highest profile by process of elimination.

Khalidov?
Grabowski?

There are many good fighters from Poland

mamed_khalidov_2013-12-08_18-13-50.jpg

Let's see... there's Marcin Held who is a decent fighter but languishing in Bellator for the time being, Tomasz Drwal who is mostly know for having his ankle ruined by Palhares... Piotr Hallmann, who is a journeyman... Yes I think Joanna almost has to be highest profile by process of elimination.

Tybura is likely the best now. 'Minor leagues' I guess, but in HW there's not much difference between 'filler' in UFC and elsewhere.

Tearing shit up with subs at HW too, which is not that common.

And Khalidov of course.

I don't follow WMMA to closely so forgive me. I see her praised a lot here. A few weeks ago I saw her as one of the top trending fighters on Sherdog's front page. I know she's a striker, but what else makes her appealing?

1)crazy/weird/unique staredowns
2)very humble and friendly in interviews, seems very down to earth
3)doesnt need a translator even with her bad english
4)shes an amazing striker, uses technique to beat her opponents, and doesnt go wild like a lot of the other girls
5)one of the few girls that can score a knockdown or knockout
6)she has a small frame for her weight class, everyone seems to be way more muscular then her, but she still comes out on top at the end with her striking technique

those are some of the reasons i like her

Rare SW with power in her hands, likes to stand and bang, wings her right with scary speed, sprawl and brawl.

Her fighting style compared to the grappling heavy Women's Bantamweight division that people are used to seeing in the UFC. Strawweight is more entertaining than Bantamweight for me and the Women's division I've followed the most.

She took out Gadelha (regardless of who people think won the fight, she has the W on her record).

I just like watching her fight. It's entertaining and her personality is entertaining as well.

1)crazy/weird/unique staredowns
2)very humble and friendly in interviews, seems very down to earth
3)doesnt need a translator even with her bad english
4)shes an amazing striker, uses technique to beat her opponents, and doesnt go wild like a lot of the other girls
5)one of the few girls that can score a knockdown or knockout
6)she has a small frame for her weight class, everyone seems to be way more muscular then her, but she still comes out on top at the end with her striking technique

those are some of the reasons i like her

KO power.
Here's her KO of Rosi Sexton:

tumblr_n9ajtoTGs21r4c1k8o1_400.gif

Thanks, bros.

Back