Can Conor Fans Acknowledge That He's A Bit Of A Cringer?

trash talking during fights - Diaz bros.
predicting the rounds - Ali
saying the same things every time - Sonnen
being just a giant douche - Sonnen
flashy lifestyle, bragging about money - Floyd
saying he's the best ever when he isn't - Floyd

he even does that finger in the air crap what Floyd always does

So what I'm tryin to say is, he brings nothing new to the fightgame
he just has the UFC hypemachine behind him

This is stupid. Do you think the Diaz bros, Ali, Sonnen and Floyd were the first to do these things?

this thread is cringeworthy

say what you want about conor but he's rich as fuck and he backs up what he says

he's also one of the best when it comes to psychological warfare so whatever he's doing is clearly working...stop grasping for reasons to discredit conor and just accept him for the master of the game that he is

if you don't like him; fine...but this "you have to admit that mcgregor isn't that awesome because of this ridiculous reason" shit is pathetic

NFL and MMA contain the two most proportionally inverse pay structure for what they put their body through and what they put on the line every time they go out to perform. I don't envy any of them - I actually feel for most of them. I don't consider most of them rich at all even though they should get paid more though.

You have a a million (two or three if you are upper echelon level) or so for your nest egg. But the problem is your only 30 (avg). That's not a rich. That is a 'invest it properly for the next few decades or you will end up where you started' scenario.

Why do people think MMA fighters are on easy street?

He's a guy that fights for a living, and the quality of said living is directly proportionate to the amount of promotion he does and the uniqueness of the character he portraits.

Really, the amount of people reading into the behavior of athletes they do in promoting themselves is more cringe-worthy than anything Conor has ever done.

Agreed.

People love to judge. I think most of it is envy on this forum.

LOL, just a bit?

I don't think I've ever seen another fighter make such a fool out of himself. Sonnen isn't even close, even though I hated him as well.

Conor is one of those guys, as long as he back it up, he's amazing and incredible, funny and confident as hell. Second he loses, he's a hypejob jagoff who needs to shut his stupid mouth. So while it lasts it's fun for him, but fans turn on you hard if you let them down, he should remember that. Nobody likes to feel stupid and if he doesn't beat Aldo, all the nuthuggers now will fade away and he'll be just some idiot with no fans..

I like Conor as a fighter and he's probably a decent guy, but I don't enjoy the show he puts on. It's hard to relate to someone who's clearly wearing a mask.

no he couldn't

no he wouldn't

I would pick any 200+ brown belt with no mma training to destroy connor in a fight

Lol, you tool. Conor or any UFC fighter for that matter would destroy you in seconds and wont even break a sweat. Regardless of how fat you are.

Conor is 5'8, kind of short. He has small man complex like crazy though.

You can tell he wishes he was a bigger dude.

As someone pointed out he has imaginary lat syndrome too.

You cant be 5'8 and call someone who is 5'6 a midget. So dumb.

Can Conor haters just forget about him as a person and base your opinions on his fighting, like MMA fans should do.

Im a huge McGregor fan, sometimes you do facepalm a little, but the reaction it draws from the people who despise him kind of makes up for it.

Here's a question for the folk who disapprove of his "antics" and see him as "disrespectful"

1. His antics; ok, taking Aldo's belt off the table was out of order - though I admit I thought it was funny at the time. I honestly can't think of any other? Jumping over the cage to confront? yell? at Aldo. Don't see the big deal in that. Aldo wasn't there just to go to an event for the sake of it.

2. Being disrespectful. Could probably tie that in with the belt grab & calling Siver a 'Nazi' but again, read and hear people talking about him being disrespectful. When has he being more disrespectful than the two incidents listed above? Calling fighters out? Saying he's going to wipe out the division?

I get why people dislike him or just don't warm to his personality - his laugh alone could go through your head. I think a lot of people maybe dislike him more for the way he got under the skin of Aldo, a big fan favourite & one of the best fighters ever in MMA. However, it's clear a big part of his game is to get inside fighters heads - I don't see the problem whether it be Aldo or anyone else. Once I think you keep family & possibly country out of the verbals it's fair game.
Exactly. Conor has not done anything truly malicious ever. They grasp at straws to hate.

And actually, Aldo is only a "fan favorite" on internet forums, and its a small rabid minority.

Most casuals dont even know who Aldo is, and the few who do, dont like Aldo.

Conor in the real world is a massive fan favoirte and beloved by all. Just watch the hundreds of reaction videos on youtube of him knocking Mendes out. In every single one, the people (of many differing cultures) are all cheering for Conor and lose it in joy when Conor wins. The PEOPLE want to see Conor KILL Aldo.

Again, its only a vocal minority on forums who hate all day on Conor

I think Conor oozes so much confidence and machismo, it makes the weak betas (i.e sherdog posters) very insecure. Thats where the hate comes from IMO. They cant handle an omega male like Conor. Omegas are rare and are even superior to alphas, so imagine how insecure the peasent betas get when looking at an omega male like Conor.

NFL and MMA contain the two most proportionally inverse pay structure for what they put their body through and what they put on the line every time they go out to perform. I don't envy any of them - I actually feel for most of them. I don't consider most of them rich at all even though they should get paid more though.

You have a a million (two or three if you are upper echelon level) or so for your nest egg. But the problem is your only 30 (avg). That's not a rich. That is a 'invest it properly for the next few decades or you will end up where you started' scenario.

Why do people think MMA fighters are on easy street?

no shit dude...do you see a reference to ALL mma fighters in my post? mma is a shitty way to go about making money if that is your end goal...most of these guys are doing it for the sense of accomplishment that comes with winning fights

however, conor himself is rich as fuck...he's talked his way into big paydays and backed up his shittalk all the way to the bank

my post is about conor being the exception, not the rule

Back