Can Conor Fans Acknowledge That He's A Bit Of A Cringer?

Why it's so hard for people to realize the dude has a smartly constructed persona aimed at generating controversy = discussion = PPV buys = money in his pocket I will never understand.*

*jk its Sherdog

Why it's so hard for people to realize the dude has a smartly constructed persona aimed at generating controversy = discussion = PPV buys = money in his pocket I will never understand.*

*jk its Sherdog
Its not a "persona"

You havent been following Conor's career

Thats who Conor is. Conor is just being himself. Conor says that its never personal though and that its just business. Conor is like a mob boss lol. Conor does what he does to gain any pre fight psychological advantages he can over his opponent. All there is to it. After Conor whoops his opponent hes always respectful post fight (if the opponent is respectful)

Everything else you see in interviews is just Conor's natural shine, wit, and charisma coming through

Conor is like an onion with many layers.

Also, Conor still wouldve been a star based off his skills alone. Rory McDonald said it best. Read his quote on Conor

short people exposed itt.

5'9 is objectively short. spare me the "but that is the average height!" nonsense. The average height takes into account the MASSIVE baby boomer population who are shorter overall. If you only factor men under 40, you'll realize the truth.

I think the entire Conor persona is overcompensation for his height insecurities. But if he wasnt short, he probably wouldnt have become a great fighter. He is driven to overcome his disadvantages and thats why he has the heart of a champion.

conie used to be cool. now he's just saying things over and over again that it's become annoying.

The constant flexing and sticking his chest out is weird, but besides that I have no issues.

dude I could be a 5'5 wimp....who cares? i never said I was a brown belt, i'm just pondering how you think connor could beat someone who has 50+ pounds on him and who's highly skilled in bjj

considering he was man handled by a 5'5 145 pound wrestler

Most 200+ lb guys are overweight and aren't strong or athletic at all.

I've been 200 lbs before (I was still in much better shape than average, just dirty bulked too much), but it's very deceptive how much fat most people carry. I ended up cutting down to 170. I had no idea I had that much to lose.

Weight only matters that much if you max out your potential (strength and whatnot) at that weight. That's why there are weight classes.

If you take a lean 150 guy who is actually athletic and strong vs your average 200 lbs guy... the 150 guy will win.

no he couldn't

no he wouldn't

I would pick any 200+ brown belt with no mma training to destroy connor in a fight

lol...sure, guy.

Ed O'Neill (Al Bundy) is 6'1 245lbs (according to Wikipedia). he's been a Rorion Gracie black belt for years and has a college football background as a defensive end. pretty sure Conor McGregor could fuck him up.

being a brown belt in BJJ and an actual fighter are two different things.

UnlawfulImpassionedBluebird.gif

3cd19ff20c7f805f9666b690b76264a2_XL.jpg

Is there anything he hasn't swaggerjacked? He is like a fighthype frankenstein, steals something from every great fighter.

And all these delusional Conor fans thinks it's something new.. :icon_lol:

Its not a "persona"

You havent been following Conor's career

Thats who Conor is. Conor is just being himself. Conor says that its never personal though and that its just business. Conor is like a mob boss lol. Conor does what he does to gain any pre fight psychological advantages he can over his opponent. All there is to it. After Conor whoops his opponent hes always respectful post fight (if the opponent is respectful)

Everything else you see in interviews is just Conor's natural shine, wit, and charisma coming through

Conor is like an onion with many layers.

Also, Conor still wouldve been a star based off his skills alone. Rory McDonald said it best. Read his quote on Conor

Do you ever fantasise about Conor?
I mean sexually. Because it sure sounds like it.

sounds like someone really doesn't like Connor, you don't HAVE to watch him you know?

and here they come

he can be short all he wants, but it's funny seeing him call mendes short, when she's short himself.

he's less than the average male height. that means you are SHORT

never seen a guy get so jacked up about someones height lol

no he couldn't

no he wouldn't

I would pick any 200+ brown belt with no mma training to destroy connor in a fight

Thanks for confirming that you're a complete dummy over and over again.

Here's a question for the folk who disapprove of his "antics" and see him as "disrespectful"

1. His antics; ok, taking Aldo's belt off the table was out of order - though I admit I thought it was funny at the time. I honestly can't think of any other? Jumping over the cage to confront? yell? at Aldo. Don't see the big deal in that. Aldo wasn't there just to go to an event for the sake of it.

2. Being disrespectful. Could probably tie that in with the belt grab & calling Siver a 'Nazi' but again, read and hear people talking about him being disrespectful. When has he being more disrespectful than the two incidents listed above? Calling fighters out? Saying he's going to wipe out the division?

I get why people dislike him or just don't warm to his personality - his laugh alone could go through your head. I think a lot of people maybe dislike him more for the way he got under the skin of Aldo, a big fan favourite & one of the best fighters ever in MMA. However, it's clear a big part of his game is to get inside fighters heads - I don't see the problem whether it be Aldo or anyone else. Once I think you keep family & possibly country out of the verbals it's fair game.

All it will take is one thorough ass whooping from Aldo, and no one will even remember him anymore.

Here's a question for the folk who disapprove of his "antics" and see him as "disrespectful"

1. His antics; ok, taking Aldo's belt off the table was out of order - though I admit I thought it was funny at the time. I honestly can't think of any other? Jumping over the cage to confront? yell? at Aldo. Don't see the big deal in that. Aldo wasn't there just to go to an event for the sake of it.

2. Being disrespectful. Could probably tie that in with the belt grab & calling Siver a 'Nazi' but again, read and hear people talking about him being disrespectful. When has he being more disrespectful than the two incidents listed above? Calling fighters out? Saying he's going to wipe out the division?

I get why people dislike him or just don't warm to his personality - his laugh alone could go through your head. I think a lot of people maybe dislike him more for the way he got under the skin of Aldo, a big fan favourite & one of the best fighters ever in MMA. However, it's clear a big part of his game is to get inside fighters heads - I don't see the problem whether it be Aldo or anyone else. Once I think you keep family & possibly country out of the verbals it's fair game.

He just seems fake. I actually don't have a problem with his antics, accept the belt stealing and nazi remarks. Nick Diaz is my favorite fighter, he does shit all the time.

It's just all fake, kinda like Sonnen. This weird tuff guy act. I can see him sitting at home and typing a whole scenario with what he's gonna say. More like WWE.

He is the GOAT. His haters look foolish. Can't wait for him to unify the division.

I am a big fan of Conor and have been for quite some time. I really can't comment on him be being a 'cringer" as I only watch the fights and none of the promotional hype, behind scene stuff. In the octagon he is a great striker and wildly entertaining, that's what matters.

TS is worrying about Connor's Cringe while Connor is laughing all the way to the bank

Back