Can Conor Fans Acknowledge That He's A Bit Of A Cringer?

connor has great cardio and striking

but any 200 pound + brown belt would tap him out in the streets, you gon argue this?

Why don't you take a jiu jitsu class and realize how dumb you are. It's pretty sad you created a new account as soon as you were banned after Conor KO'ed Mendes just to troll conor threads.

He just seems fake. I actually don't have a problem with his antics, accept the belt stealing and nazi remarks. Nick Diaz is my favorite fighter, he does shit all the time.

It's just all fake, kinda like Sonnen. This weird tuff guy act. I can see him sitting at home and typing a whole scenario with what he's gonna say. More like WWE.

Listen, when he first came into the UFC and he had more time in front of the camera, I certainly cringed and thought he was being too much of an attention whore & being well over his head calling out everyone in the division after the Brimage fight. But I think what it comes down to is: he genuinely doesn't give a shit.

The comparison with Sonnen is harsh. Sonnen repeated wrestling promos/speeches. I'm sure Conor has an idea of what he's going to say when he's promoting a fight, but I don't think that's as fabricated as Sonnen. Look at the interviews/press conferences he does & the times he supposedly gives his pre-doctored answers: he doesn't know what the questions are in advance. He's what I'd call an amped up Dub (person from Dublin) and he's an MMA fighter, who all of them need a certain type of ego/self belief to fight at the level they do.

I remember Schaub coming out and saying he heard Conor demanded money to do interviews with MMA journalists in Ireland. Laughable. Then when he met him in person he couldn't stop rambling on about how 'genuine' he was.

What summed it up for me was when he done an interview talking about having to be confident and cocky when you're doing press conferences. He also says he's taking the piss a lot of the time. The flexing of the chest, I don't know what that's about. But he's being doing it since Cage Warriors.

He's a guy that fights for a living, and the quality of said living is directly proportionate to the amount of promotion he does and the uniqueness of the character he portraits.

Really, the amount of people reading into the behavior of athletes they do in promoting themselves is more cringe-worthy than anything Conor has ever done.

The guy's a character, and thank fuck, this sport needs a bit of colour in its cheeks.

Listen, when he first came into the UFC and he had more time in front of the camera, I certainly cringed and thought he was being too much of an attention whore & being well over his head calling out everyone in the division after the Brimage fight. But I think what it comes down to is: he genuinely doesn't give a shit.

The comparison with Sonnen is harsh. Sonnen repeated wrestling promos/speeches. I'm sure Conor has an idea of what he's going to say when he's promoting a fight, but I don't think that's as fabricated as Sonnen. Look at the interviews/press conferences he does & the times he supposedly gives his pre-doctored answers: he doesn't know what the questions are in advance. He's what I'd call an amped up Dub (person from Dublin) and he's an MMA fighter, who all of them need a certain type of ego/self belief to fight at the level they do.

I remember Schaub coming out and saying he heard Conor demanded money to do interviews with MMA journalists in Ireland. Laughable. Then when he met him in person he couldn't stop rambling on about how 'genuine' he was.

What summed it up for me was when he done an interview talking about having to be confident and cocky when you're doing press conferences. He also says he's taking the piss a lot of the time. The flexing of the chest, I don't know what that's about. But he's being doing it since Cage Warriors.
To me it's all the same. Maybe there are different questions, but his answers are always the same.

Also, what I said in a previous Conor thread. He's swaggerjacking every fighthype guy there is. The two fingers, the 'flashy' lifestyle, the predictions of rounds, talking inside the cage, even the WWE like antics. It's all been done before. He's nothing new.

He sure has skills, otherwise you won't be fighting in the UFC.

To me it's all the same. Maybe there are different questions, but his answers are always the same.

Also, what I said in a previous Conor thread. He's swaggerjacking every fighthype guy there is. The two fingers, the 'flashy' lifestyle, the predictions of rounds, talking inside the cage, even the WWE like antics. It's all been done before. He's nothing new.

He sure has skills, otherwise you won't be fighting in the UFC.

Yeah but look at the amount of media Conor does. And when he's asked the same questions over and over again he's going to give the same answer more or less.

What's 'swaggerjacking' mean, copying off someone? If that's what it means, then yeah, he's playing the promotional game well. And not to sound like I agree or love everything Conor does or says, but I don't think there's anything wrong with him enjoying his lifestyle. He's earned it, so fair play to him I say. But when it all boils down to it, I'm more interested in watching him and the other fighters fight. I don't really care or gripe about them if they show off a new car they bought or other expensive things they buy.

He's a bit of a hipster douchebag.
However if he is being genuine I cannot knock him too much.

I doubt he'd spend all that money on expensive suits to enhance his "hipster persona"

Yeah but look at the amount of media Conor does. And when he's asked the same questions over and over again he's going to give the same answer more or less.

What's 'swaggerjacking' mean, copying off someone? If that's what it means, then yeah, he's playing the promotional game well. And not to sound like I agree or love everything Conor does or says, but I don't think there's anything wrong with him enjoying his lifestyle. He's earned it, so fair play to him I say. But when it all boils down to it, I'm more interested in watching him and the other fighters fight. I don't really care or gripe about them if they show off a new car they bought or other expensive things they buy.

Sure he's earned it. I was just mentioning it because a lot of Conor fans think he brought something new to the fight game. That he is original en genuine. Making a persona to make money is not genuine. Copying other peoples style is not genuine or original.

Not only the fans do it, Conor does it himself. Saying he is something new and special, while he is not.

But I have to agree on the fact that I don't really care for it either. It's just hard to get away from it. That's why I try to never watch his 'specials'.

Sure he's earned it. I was just mentioning it because a lot of Conor fans think he brought something new to the fight game. That he is original en genuine. Making a persona to make money is not genuine. Copying other peoples style is not genuine or original.

Not only the fans do it, Conor does it himself. Saying he is something new and special, while he is not.

But I have to agree on the fact that I don't really care for it either. It's just hard to get away from it. That's why I try to never watch his 'specials'.

Who is he copying? I think he is doing what Boxers did for a long time and the way they promoted and hyped up fights. Then in MMA, Ortiz was probably the first of his generation to copy that model along with Shamrock.

I'm not trying to claim I'm an expert on psychology, it's just that coming from Dublin too - and I'm sure some of the Dublin lads on here will say the same - but there's people like him who are hyperactive, giddy lunatics. That's why I'd question people who ponder if he's being genuine most of the time, aside from when he's doing promotion for fights and he amps things up.

I'd love to see some new fighters with character coming through, because despite the daily Conor and Rousey threads, we'd probably be talking about Jon Jones' car crash if they weren't around.

Who is he copying? I think he is doing what Boxers did for a long time and the way they promoted and hyped up fights. Then in MMA, Ortiz was probably the first of his generation to copy that model along with Shamrock.

I'm not trying to claim I'm an expert on psychology, it's just that coming from Dublin too - and I'm sure some of the Dublin lads on here will say the same - but there's people like him who are hyperactive, giddy lunatics. That's why I'd question people who ponder if he's being genuine most of the time, aside from when he's doing promotion for fights and he amps things up.

I'd love to see some new fighters with character coming through, because despite the daily Conor and Rousey threads, we'd probably be talking about Jon Jones' car crash if they weren't around.
Well there is this guy in Canada who looks exactly the same, but that can be a (weird) coincidence

trash talking during fights - Diaz bros.
predicting the rounds - Ali
saying the same things every time - Sonnen
being just a giant douche - Sonnen
flashy lifestyle, bragging about money - Floyd
saying he's the best ever when he isn't - Floyd

he even does that finger in the air crap what Floyd always does

So what I'm tryin to say is, he brings nothing new to the fightgame
he just has the UFC hypemachine behind him

Well there is this guy in Canada who looks exactly the same, but that can be a (weird) coincidence

Haha, the model lad in Canada - I didn't know who you were talking about for a minute. Is Conor copying off some obscure, tattoed Canadian model who we wouldn't know about if Conor arrived on the scene, who knows?

Sure, if he scratches his head a certain way, he's copying off someone. And why wouldn't they promote Conor more and put him out there? If they try that with Aldo they're not going to get far. The mystery of Aldo is how many people like watching his fights, yet he's the lowest drawing Champion in UFC history. And then when he goes back to his little bubble in Brazil he finds his voice and whines about his pay.

Wait, people actually believe this? The haters have done well since it was debunked ages ago when the dude got some of his "copied" looks after Conor. :icon_lol:

Also, Ali copied Gorgeous George. The fight business is about the showmanship and there's only so many ways of doing it. I could say he copied (insert fighter here) with (insert phrase/action here) and probably be right.

no he couldn't

no he wouldn't

I would pick any 200+ brown belt with no mma training to destroy connor in a fight

vQ7RYW.gif

and here they come

he can be short all he wants, but it's funny seeing him call mendes short, when she's short himself.

he's less than the average male height. that means you are SHORT

You've made the shorts upset bro.

no he couldn't

no he wouldn't

I would pick any 200+ brown belt with no mma training to destroy connor in a fight

FollowTheReap3r made this thread entertaining with hysterically incorrect assumptions. McGregor would murder a 200 lb bjj brown belt just like Mendes would do the same.

Weight classes are implemented for obvious reasons - the skill gap is razor's edge close. This isn't the case when you're hypothetically pitting a 200 lb bjj brown belt against a well-rounded UFC player who walks around at 170 and fights at 145. The cherry on top is your claim that you'd survive this encounter.

To believe that the top of your skull being 3 inches closer to the stratosphere provides you with bragging rights over another is incredibly odd.

Last edited:
Back