• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can’t wait until Jiri knocks out Alex this weekend

AldoStillGoat

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Everyone acting like this guy is the best thing since sliced bread. Like he’s beaten the who’s who every division.

He beat Strickland, got KO’d by Adesanya…. (Who btw aren’t the champ of the division anymore). Why didn’t he rematch Izzy? Or fight DDP to make Izzy come to him?

Moves up to a weak LHW division and beats Jan Jiri (who made a stupid mistake in the fight) and Jamahal Hill coming off an injury (who he took a weird advantage off with the ref break).

Why didn’t he fight Ankalaev? He’s just trying to buy time. Ankalaev even said he has no chin but did Alex take the fight? No. He knows he will lose his aura if he took that fight.

Alex is a great fighter but you guys need to relax with the polishing. Jiri will finish him this weekend like he almost did last time until he threw the fight away.

I wish too...

I hate pereira fans, but this is not going to happen. Pereira is going to knock him out in the first round.

you shouldnt discredit every win dude has....thats lame. he is the most overrated fighter in the game right now tho. the whole "champ champ" has become terribly watered down by guys that havent cleaned out their first division moving up to capitalize on an ez stylistic matchup for them

but hell GSP did it, so whatever...

You think people change if Jiri ko Poatan?

Hype would jump to someone else. Poatan is active and fun to watch, people like that.

I think its more healthy to go pro this than anti that. He is trying to feed his family and this is tough sport. I like knockouts but you dont improve people with it.

you shouldnt discredit every win dude has....thats lame. he is the most overrated fighter in the game right now tho. the whole "champ champ" has become terribly watered down by guys that havent cleaned out their first division moving up to capitalize on an ez stylistic matchup for them

but hell GSP did it, so whatever...

I’m not discrediting the wins just pointing out that his resume isn’t crazyyyy deep like these noobs are making it seem

He def deserves respect and so do his opponents he fought but I’m just saying he’s overrated as it stands right now.

If he beats Jiri and Ankalaev I will shutup

Haha who said that? But clamoring to see him KOed when the guy really isn't even controversial, just kind of a quiet workhorse seems a bit bizarre. But to each their own.
It's literally just ass blasted Izzy fans, nothing else. Poatan is literally everything everyone has been clamouring for in a champion. Violent, talented, stoic, no fake twitter beefs, man of the people, humorous. What more do you want?
I got issues

Chama
Hey, at least you admit it which is more to say for than 90% of Izzy fans, so there's that. If I was an Adesanya fan I'd hope Alex goes on to become to GOAT so that victory ages better and better with each win of Alex's.
Would be fun to see Jiri win but still don't like Alex losing.

Worst case scenario is Jiri getting badly KOed, that's what I don't want regardless.
I am a Poatan fan since before his MMA run but love Jiri too. It's a banger fight that I almost don't like watching since both guys are embodiments of what I think a martial artist should be. Alex by a quick guillotine is best case scenario for me, as Jiri would be alright, Alex would win, and a prop bet I'm thinking of putting on would pay out fat.

Back