Calvin and Hobbes the best ever.

Yeah I wish there had been an animated show, but at least it isn't like Peanuts or Garfield where the license got absolutely whored out to everyone
It would have got raped badly aye. Which is just what makes it so unique.

The last strip might clear it up...

4acb774c08f5582ad8a2197bda567318.jpg

=[
Jesus. That's brutal.

I was a lot like Calvin and read them religiously. Took them everywhere I went for almost a decade. Grew up in a broken home with a lot of alcoholism and emotional abuse so during the day I would pack up some snacks, put them in a bag and take all the books and climb a tree overlooking a pond on our property and read them all day.

Thanks for posting this, Shel Silverstein was very important to me as well.

Viewing this thread was a blast of nostalgia. I plan on digging up my old Calvin and Hobbes books and having them ready for my son to enjoy when he's a little older. This was the best comic strip ever made.

When I was a professional skateboarder ten years ago, I used this as the graphic on my rookie deck

296khua.jpg

Definitely one of the best - and most influential - of all time. I loved it when I was little, and I love it still. I've never been too fond of the fanworks that have been popping up more and more the last decade, though.

Calvin and Hobbes is genius. It often covers incredibly deep concepts that can make you think, yet is still readable for children.

calvin-stars.gif

Love it.

Is that really the last strip? The wiki says it's the one that ends with them talking about going on an adventure. Also, Hobbes regularly changed back into the stuffed animal but the creator said that doesn't mean he's a figment of his imagination?
I have most of the original collection prints, including the last collection. While I don't remember that strip itself, it's likely real. The last strip Calvin and Hobbes are outside playing, and Calvin remakes how beautiful it is outside and they were going on another adventure.

Viewing this thread was a blast of nostalgia. I plan on digging up my old Calvin and Hobbes books and having them ready for my son to enjoy when he's a little older. This was the best comic strip ever made.

He will love it. All 3 of my kids went through all Calvin and Hobbes books in order, for months, reading them over and over at bedtime, lol.

Back