Calvin and Hobbes the best ever.

My favorite comic strip. My wife bought me the entire collection (3 books the size of small encyclopedias) a few years ago for my birthday. Did anyone see the Dear Mr. Watterson doc? I thought it aired here in some random non-descript theater, but I never followed up on it since all my time has been taken up by my son who was born the same year

My wife and I guide our kids into some games/movies etc- from the 80's and 90's whenever possible, since a lot of shit these days is garbage.

Now, all 3 of them have every Calvin and Hobbes book ever released, (and every Zelda game ever put out). They also love a bunch of different 80's music, movies and TV shows.

I've been contracted to paint huge murals for tens of thousands of dollars, so when my wife asked me to paint their room, I said- "are you thinking what I'm thinking?" And we both said Calvin and Hobbes at the same time.

One winter, while being too busy with a company I just started, my son called me out (on how some other kids in the neighborhood had snowmen out front made by their parents) so I went out front for 4 hours and did a Calvin snowman special. There were families walking over taking pictures and shit all day, it was awesome.

You sir are awesome! I love Calvin and Hobbes. I even got a signed picture by Watterson. Man your murals sound awesome.

The last strip might clear it up...

4acb774c08f5582ad8a2197bda567318.jpg

=[

Is that really the last strip? The wiki says it's the one that ends with them talking about going on an adventure. Also, Hobbes regularly changed back into the stuffed animal but the creator said that doesn't mean he's a figment of his imagination?

Is that really the last strip? The wiki says it's the one that ends with them talking about going on an adventure. Also, Hobbes regularly changed back into the stuffed animal but the creator said that doesn't mean he's a figment of his imagination?
It's not the last strip, no.
I remember seeing it on
myspace or something,
a long ass time ago & your
question reminded me of
it. I remember it saying
something about a final
release or something, but
some dude itt confirmed
otherwise already.

It's not the last strip, no.
I remember seeing it on
myspace or something,
a long ass time ago & your
question reminded me of
it. I remember it saying
something about a final
release or something, but
some dude itt confirmed
otherwise already.

I like the authors idea that whether Hobbes exists or not is up to the reader and your interpretation of reality. He may not be imaginary, but simply real to Calvin and not real to anyone else.

I think Hobbes is his favourite stuffed animal that goes with him everywhere and comes alive as an imaginary friend... I had a little Pooh Bear that I took everywhere and he's sitting up in my closet right now. I'll probably have that little bear for the rest of my life tbh.

i fucking love calvin and hobbes so much.

when i was young, like 6 or so my auntie gave me and my sister two of the calvin and hobbes collective books.

i still read them every now and then, they are in my room and will never leave there. i am 27 now.

one of my favorite cartoons is

fb5043c0deb701317193005056a9545d

and

19851227.gif

Last edited:
I like the authors idea that whether Hobbes exists or not is up to the reader and your interpretation of reality. He may not be imaginary, but simply real to Calvin and not real to anyone else.
Yeah but per everyone's
reactions, I feel like I'm
shitting on their childhood
dreams.

another great thing about about calvin and hobbes was that bill watterson never sold out and let the product be merchandised.

ultimately leaving no memorabilia and merchendise such as figurines, clothing (if you have any, it is fake) and movies which is a bit of a bummer but he liked having the pride that his product was a low tech creation and that it was all done by himself.

i mean dont get me wrong. i would have loved a calvin and hobbes movie or tv show but you know how much it would have mucked with the greatness of the cartoon strip.

dammit. shane you got me. i am going to spend all night reading the collective books ive got.

Yeah but per everyone's
reactions, I feel like I'm
shitting on their childhood
dreams.
Well the fake strip you posted was just a fairly pessimistic joke omeone made. No harm done imo we still like you.

another great thing about about calvin and hobbes was that bill watterson never sold out and let the product be merchandised.

ultimately leaving no memorabilia and merchendise such as figurines, clothing (if you have any, it is fake) and movies which is a bit of a bummer but he liked having the pride that his product was a low tech creation and that it was all done by himself.

i mean dont get me wrong. i would have loved a calvin and hobbes movie or tv show but you know how much it would have mucked with the greatness of the cartoon strip.

dammit. shane you got me. i am going to spend all night reading the collective books ive got.
Yeah I wish there had been an animated show, but at least it isn't like Peanuts or Garfield where the license got absolutely whored out to everyone

I've kept some things from childhood and he's one of them. Kinda wish I had all my old Bloom County, Far Side, Calvin and Hobbes books right now but I ditched those many years ago. My bear's been on the top shelf of every closet of mine since forever...... now that I'm actually thinking about it I don't think I could ever just toss him away. I have one box with some toys and random things from growing up that I could toss if I had to but that bear would be a tough one. Hate to admit it but it's true.

I've kept some things from childhood and he's one of them. Kinda wish I had all my old Bloom County, Far Side, Calvin and Hobbes books right now but I ditched those many years ago. My bear's been on the top shelf of every closet of mine since forever...... now that I'm actually thinking about it I don't think I could ever just toss him away. I have one box with some toys and random things from growing up that I could toss if I had to but that bear would be a tough one. Hate to admit it but it's true.
That's good thing. It's a fortunate thing to hold onto a little piece of your childhood.

I gave all my shit to my nephews. They live on through them.

I get to explain to them who the toys are. I showed my one nephew my Mr. Perfect action figure and told him he was my favorite. A couple minutes pass and i look over at him. He has Mr. Perfect lifting 4 other guys above his head ready to gorilla press them.

I get such a kick out of that shit.

I gave all my shit to my nephews. They live on through them.

I get to explain to them who the toys are. I showed my one nephew my Mr. Perfect action figure and told him he was my favorite. A couple minutes pass and i look over at him. He has Mr. Perfect lifting 4 other guys above his head ready to gorilla press them.

I get such a kick out of that shit.

Awesome. :) My nephews were over last summer and in that one box of stuff I have is a bag of action figures (Star Wars, GI Joe etc) and little bit of lego. It was interesting to see them play with it and using their imaginations like I used to. I have a little daughter now and I'm certain she'll get her hands on my bear and she can do with it as she wants.

Back