Calvin and Hobbes the best ever.

The last strip might clear it up...

4acb774c08f5582ad8a2197bda567318.jpg

=[
is that real? that is incredibly depressing actually lol. i loved calvin and hobbes when i was younger. i reckon i probably would still enjoy it.

Never read it, but I always thought those car window stickers (i.e. pissing on a rival car's logo) were pretty lame.

Don't you dare compare Peanuts to goddam Archie.

I grew up on Peanuts and was a huge fan for years, but after getting on board with Calvin and Hobbies I had to give it up to the latter. It hits perfection so often it just can't be denied.

The wiki has some interesting theories on what exactly Hobbes is. It seems Hobbes may not be a figment of Calvin's imagination OR stuffed animal that comes to life but only for Calvin. He may be a theoretical entity, visible only to Calvin. What do you guys think Hobbes is?

I think Hobbes is his favourite stuffed animal that goes with him everywhere and comes alive as an imaginary friend... I had a little Pooh Bear that I took everywhere and he's sitting up in my closet right now. I'll probably have that little bear for the rest of my life tbh.

My bad. Just saw the title
along with the strip years
ago & did a quick googling
cause mike's question
made me remember it...
& I didn't do any investigating.

Pretty glad it's not legit, tbh.

You warmed my heart. Legitly

I painted a 10x20 foot mural in my 2 sons bedroom, which was a scene of spaceman spiff crash landed on an alien landscape. I took it to the next level with the shading/light source, made it look like a Pixar film screenshot. The stars were done in florescent white paint, so when they slept at night only a blacklight would be on, making the stars glow like crazy, (and a few of the dashboard buttons on Calvin's ship.)

Anyways, since you have decided to make a tribute thread to Watterson and his epic comic, I will look for a picture of the mural and send it to you.

Calvin and Hobbes, 10 levels above the rest.

He could just be an imaginary friend.
Mine was a little red dog.

Edit: is...

My bad. Just saw the title
along with the strip years
ago & did a quick googling
cause mike's question
made me remember it...
& I didn't do any investigating.

Pretty glad it's not legit, tbh.

Thanks for the follow up felonious....when I saw the strip you posted, I was like "who is this asshat that's posting horseshit about calvi....NOOOO...not felonious, one of my faves....."

The wiki has some interesting theories on what exactly Hobbes is. It seems Hobbes may not be a figment of Calvin's imagination OR stuffed animal that comes to life but only for Calvin. He may be a theoretical entity, visible only to Calvin. What do you guys think Hobbes is?
Stuffed animal.

I painted a 10x20 foot mural in my 2 sons bedroom, which was a scene of spaceman spiff crash landed on an alien landscape. I took it to the next level with the shading/light source, made it look like a Pixar film screenshot. The stars were done in florescent white paint, so when they slept at night only a blacklight would be on, making the stars glow like crazy, (and a few of the dashboard buttons on Calvin's ship.)

Anyways, since you have decided to make a tribute thread to Watterson and his epic comic, I will look for a picture of the mural and send it to you.

Calvin and Hobbes, 10 levels above the rest.

Are you serious? That is sick as hell. I gotta see that!!!! I wanted to name my son Calvin but got over ruled. He should of been Calvin and wife agrees now.

Are you serious? That is sick as hell. I gotta see that!!!! I wanted to name my son Calvin but got over ruled. He should of been Calvin and wife agrees now.

My wife and I guide our kids into some games/movies etc- from the 80's and 90's whenever possible, since a lot of shit these days is garbage.

Now, all 3 of them have every Calvin and Hobbes book ever released, (and every Zelda game ever put out). They also love a bunch of different 80's music, movies and TV shows.

I've been contracted to paint huge murals for tens of thousands of dollars, so when my wife asked me to paint their room, I said- "are you thinking what I'm thinking?" And we both said Calvin and Hobbes at the same time.

One winter, while being too busy with a company I just started, my son called me out (on how some other kids in the neighborhood had snowmen out front made by their parents) so I went out front for 4 hours and did a Calvin snowman special. There were families walking over taking pictures and shit all day, it was awesome.

Thanks for the follow up felonious....when I saw the strip you posted, I was like "who is this asshat that's posting horseshit about calvi....NOOOO...not felonious, one of my faves....."
Yeeah...
"Calvin & Adderall"
doesn't have that same
homely ring to it...

My best friend loved Calvin and Hobbes so much he named his son Calvin.

Back