Calling out other black belts?

I am sure this is blown way out of proportion. I am sure Prof Alonso is not aware of this. I am sure he doesn't want this "bull sheet" on the internet.

But with respect to calling out other black belts ...

I think it is not cool. If you want a friendly match .. call him up. If you are angry ... well act like an adult and keep it to your self.

Most the people I respect in the BJJ community (Marcello being one of these) are people who have passion for the sport for the art and for the lifestyle of BJJ.

Last edited:
Could be they're actually friends and it's an inside joke.

man, i dunno about all this hoopla, but roy dean seems cool as hell. i would say he's Good For the Sport.

JT Taylor is awesome. He had a superfight with one of my old black belt instructors the guy weigh in 8 pounds overweight and had a 24 pound advantage. He won the match, but it was not exciting. Interesting that he would challege another black belt especially of the age of Roy Dean. JT is one of those guys I think that needs to feed there ego by beating people of lesser stregth.

I looked at his Facebook page and checked out all the posts he made for the month of August and I did not see anything about him calling out Roy Dean.....where did you see this or is it rumors. Post the challenge on here so we can see it with our own eyes. I would hate say something negative about JT if this is not the case.

he *deleted it not an hour later.
However, people I know who train with Roy say JT says all sorts of shit.

Last edited:
Back