Calling out other black belts?

Just YouTube jt Taylor and Matt lindland face off. Reminds me of the WWE, how appropriate

maybe he should focus more on his mma

Record 4 - 6 - 1

....and less on his desire to call out a guy who not only doesn't fight but doesn't even compete.

Just YouTube jt Taylor and Matt lindland face off. Reminds me of the WWE, how appropriate

ooooh.... it's THAAAAAT GUY.....

at the risk of "fighter" bashing, I'm going on record to say JT is a fucking TOOL and should do the world a favor and just shoot himself in the face.

I bet he never went back and got that ass kicking from Matt that he was begging for, but now he wants to call out Roy Dean... :rolleyes:

what a complete chicken shit.

Yeah he's a piece of shit. I bet he brings a microphone wherever he goes just incase he needs to call someone out.

I still cannot figure out how to use that thing. It is just discussion groups yeah? Everyone I find that is Portuguese related has like 5 posts...nothing going on.

mylanguageexchange.com works better for me.

Is there something I am missing?

Orkut is basically the same idea as Facebook. It is really popular with the Brazilians.

Weak. Unless the guy said or did something to you or yours, mind your own business. That's what I say.

I was nosy and looked on his facebook but didnt see anything.... what did he say?

This guy sounds like a great fit for King Kevin Casey's Posse! Kevin already called out all the MMA fighters though so maybe that's why this guy is picking on Roy?!

(Insert stupid Kevin Casey rap video here.)

So far at least two of you in this thread have commented that Roy Dean doesn't compete, and yet here is a video of him competing at the 2009 Mundials (and winning his first match):

SWEET! I hope he meets JT TOOL at a tourney somewhere and strangles the life out of him or tears his arm out of the socket and beats him over the head with it.

So far at least two of you in this thread have commented that Roy Dean doesn't compete, and yet here is a video of him competing at the 2009 Mundials (and winning his first match):

He beat Nick Diaz at brown belt, didn't he?

There are people out there who have no understanding of how to be a human being. They are brash, violent, and often stupid. They usually end up in jail or face down in the gutter.

I don't know JT, so I have no idea if any of the above applies to him, but I know his instructor, Marcelo. Marcelo Alonso is a class act, a true gentleman...if this "calling Roy out" thing is real, then I'm sure Marcelo isnt aware of it. If he is, he needs to step in and explain to JT that this isnt cellblock 3.

Again, I have no idea if any of this is true, and I have never met JT, so this may all be a ridiculous misunderstanding or troll.

Again, I have no idea if any of this is true, and I have never met JT, so this may all be a ridiculous misunderstanding or troll.

Watch the Youtube video of JT and Matt Lindland, I'm 99% sure this isn't a troll. I would like to know WHY he would call out Roy Dean? Roy doesn't seem like the type of guy who would have people wanting to beat him up lol.

Photoshopped... ok, sorry. I apologize for my misstatement. Then this joker should just enter the Mundials. If he's so tough, he'll either meet Roy Dean or end up in the finals right? :icon_twis

So a black belt named JT Taylor and MMA trainer/fighter called out Roy Dean. Apparently, JT thinks Roy Dean is a pussy or something of the sort. To make it better, this was on a facebook status!!!
JT is a LEGIT black belt under Marcelo... The dude's BJJ is awesome, there is no doubt about it. Though, he gets a lot of shit from people because a lot of people think he's a jerk and simply rude.

However, I have no clue as to why he dislikes Roy. Roy has always seemed really chill and calm to me. I've never seen any disrespect from the guy.

1) How does one respectfully 'call out' or offer a challenge to another BJJ practitioner?
2) To anyone who knows Roy Dean, would he respond?

I looked at his Facebook page and checked out all the posts he made for the month of August and I did not see anything about him calling out Roy Dean.....where did you see this or is it rumors. Post the challenge on here so we can see it with our own eyes. I would hate say something negative about JT if this is not the case.

I found this random "I sure would like to choke Roy Dean out" on FB:

Sub League | Facebook

Looks like they're both in the same general neighborhood in the northwest. On his blog a couple years ago, Roy Dean specifically thanks JT Taylor for putting a local tourney together.

It really just seems like A) Roy is well-respected and established in Oregon, and B) JT is jealous / trying to scare up some business of his own. The hard way, of course, would be to earn it. The easier way is to talk shit about Roy Dean and when Dean doesn't take the bait because he doesn't have the same things to prove that you do, you can try convincing people he's scared. Maybe like trying to look hard in front of Matt Lindland even though you're never gonna really dance with him.

These are all just guesses, of course.

Last edited:
I found this random "I sure would like to choke Roy Dean out" on FB:

Sub League | Facebook

Looks like they're both in the same general neighborhood in the northwest. On his blog a couple years ago, Roy Dean specifically thanks JT Taylor for putting a local tourney together.

It really just seems like A) Roy is well-respected and established in Oregon, and B) JT is jealous / trying to scare up some business of his own. The hard way, of course, would be to earn it. The easier way is to talk shit about Roy Dean and when Dean doesn't take the bait because he doesn't have the same things to prove that you do, you can try convincing people he's scared. Maybe like trying to look hard in front of Matt Lindland even though you're never gonna really dance with him.

These are all just guesses, of course.

That does not sound like calling someone out or fighting words to me.....totally blown out of proportion I would say.

Back