Calling out other black belts?

Spoken

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So a black belt named JT Taylor and MMA trainer/fighter called out Roy Dean. Apparently, JT thinks Roy Dean is a pussy or something of the sort. To make it better, this was on a facebook status!!!
JT is a LEGIT black belt under Marcelo... The dude's BJJ is awesome, there is no doubt about it. Though, he gets a lot of shit from people because a lot of people think he's a jerk and simply rude.

However, I have no clue as to why he dislikes Roy. Roy has always seemed really chill and calm to me. I've never seen any disrespect from the guy.

1) How does one respectfully 'call out' or offer a challenge to another BJJ practitioner?
2) To anyone who knows Roy Dean, would he respond?

Last edited:
1) You don't
2) I don't know him, but probably not for the reason above

what is the name of the BB?

I heard of people being FB engaged,

First I heard people are FB called out!

All the real BJJ challenges happen on Orkut anyway.

All the real BJJ challenges happen on Orkut anyway.

I still cannot figure out how to use that thing. It is just discussion groups yeah? Everyone I find that is Portuguese related has like 5 posts...nothing going on.

mylanguageexchange.com works better for me.

Is there something I am missing?

what is the name of the BB?

I heard of people being FB engaged,

First I heard people are FB called out!
Similar situation to this happened here.

Although not directly on FB, but an interview linked on FB a fighter up here called out both the 170 and 205 champs, then argued with me about it for almost an hour. This guy is probably 10 years older then me, and I would have to say I was winning.

The reason he skipped calling out the 185 belt is because he for some reason has a beef with my gym. He disrespectfully called out our 170 champ, saying he hasn't beaten anyone good, because the past three champions at the weight class are obviously all bums...

Anyone who lives in the northwest and knows a bit about the BJJ community probably knows who I am talking about, lol.

Seems classless to me... unless Roy Dean REALLY did something wrong, haha

What is this WWE? Is he also going to go out to the center of the mat at thext tourney with a Mic and talk trash?

No, you do it to their face and tell them whats on your mind right then and there.

So a black belt (under Marcelo Alonso) and MMA trainer/fighter called out Roy Dean. Apparently, this other black belt thinks Roy Dean is a pussy or something of the sort. To make it better, this was on his facebook.

1) How does one respectfully 'call out' or offer a challenge to another BJJ practitioner?
2) To anyone who knows Roy Dean, would he respond?

why call them out? Unless (like Roy Dean) they don't compete, then you just enter a tournament they're in.

Calling someone out is a bad idea... just contact them and offer a match. Putting it on a public forum is just bat form.

why call them out? Unless (like Roy Dean) they don't compete, then you just enter a tournament they're in.

Calling someone out is a bad idea... just contact them and offer a match. Putting it on a public forum is just bat form.

Yeah sounds about right.

Roy Dean doesn't seem like the type of guy to instigate something. This other guy just seems like a dick.

Roy Dean doesn't seem like the type of guy to instigate something. This other guy just seems like a dick.

Maybe so, but at this point we have someone talking shit about someone else on the internet without supplying a name or a quote, so maybe it's a little early to jump to conclusions. Just saying.

Maybe so, but at this point we have someone talking shit about someone else on the internet without supplying a name or a quote, so maybe it's a little early to jump to conclusions. Just saying.

I thought that's why the internet was invented...:icon_neut

Spoken "Anyone who lives in the northwest and knows a bit about the BJJ community probably knows who I am talking about, lol haha"

I don't live in the Northwest. Do you need a special invite to this drama?

We need a name and we need BTTinUSA to email the guy to ask him wtf.

I thought that's why the internet was invented...:icon_neut

Spoken "Anyone who lives in the northwest and knows a bit about the BJJ community probably knows who I am talking about, lol haha"

I don't live in the Northwest. Do you need a special invite to this drama?

yes.... you need an invite.

extra info included in original post.

Calling out anyone for any reason on Facebook is fucking retarded.

i agree that facebook is a pretty lame place to call someone out. My teacher has been called out at a tournament before though and the had a match right there to settle it.

Back