Opinion California Residents-Prop 47 Has it impacted you?

Same here. Everyone on here exaggerates anything negative about California. Like crime and poverty doesn't exist in other states

I live in Orange County and grew up in the IE. I haven’t noticed any dramatic changes. I agree that the law is bull shit and that there are too many homeless people in major cities but it’s not like there are fucking needles and crazy crackheads on every corner. I actively go to downtown la, coastal la, the mountains, San Diego, central coast and wine country dozens of times a year for social events, camping, snowboarding, baseball games, visiting friends or work and don’t notice any of this crap people go on about. Now I’m sure if I drove down to skid row or under an overpass in Santa Ana or some shit I’d find some needles and crazy homeless people. But you have to actively go out of your way to do so.

Rehab then execution.It is not realistic bro, not even Trump would allow that, give a real solution...... You have none because your a closed minded sheep

*You're

Doesn't matter if anyone allows my idea or not.

It's still better tan coddling tweaker trash, like we do, because what we have going on right now in regards to the tweaker question isn't doing shit.

Let out all the people in prison for weed charges, and pile in the tweakers. Get them clean off that shit, and keep them the fuck away from humans forevermore.

I live in Orange County and grew up in the IE. I haven’t noticed any dramatic changes. I agree that the law is bull shit and that there are too many homeless people in major cities but it’s not like there are fucking needles and crazy crackheads on every corner. I actively go to downtown la, coastal la, the mountains, San Diego, central coast and wine country dozens of times a year for social events, camping, snowboarding, baseball games, visiting friends or work and don’t notice any of this crap people go on about. Now I’m sure if I drove down to skid row or under an overpass in Santa Ana or some shit I’d find some needles and crazy homeless people. But you have to actively go out of your way to do so.
I agree for the most part
although downtown SD is full of homeless people, particularly around the old Horton Plaza area

but ya, unless you're there or like Ocean Beach, it's generally not an issue

come out to the desert, however, and it's insane. My city has 150+ KNOWN homeless people, but they don't like to be counted so who knows what the real number is

I agree for the most part
although downtown SD is full of homeless people, particularly around the old Horton Plaza area

but ya, unless you're there or like Ocean Beach, it's generally not an issue

come out to the desert, however, and it's insane. My city has 150+ KNOWN homeless people, but they don't like to be counted so who knows what the real number is

outside of Palm Springs or Coachella there’s not a whole lot of reason to go out to the desert willingly lol

outside of Palm Springs or Coachella there’s not a whole lot of reason to go out to the desert willingly lol
well......touche

I actually feel bad for our homeless in the Summer, good lawd that heat

Pro tip. Bring a calculator to the grocery store to ensure you don’t cross the $950 threshold as you walk out without paying.
Then return to the same store and repeat.

Have you guys ever heard of the Jungle in San Jose? They shut it down a couple years ago, but it was a massive 65 acre homeless encampment with like a couple hundred people living there.

ccv8y5rb38111.jpg

God... I can smell it through the monitor

*You're

Doesn't matter if anyone allows my idea or not.

It's still better tan coddling tweaker trash, like we do, because what we have going on right now in regards to the tweaker question isn't doing shit.

Let out all the people in prison for weed charges, and pile in the tweakers. Get them clean off that shit, and keep them the fuck away from humans forevermore.

You're an idiot.
Go live in a fantasy land with Walt Disney.

Your city just spent 100's of thousands of dollars for homelessness and realized it wasnt working. Maybe you dont follow your own news. People would get a bed for a month abuse it then go back to the streets and repeat the cycle all over. The biggest problem is people pretending there isnt a problem until it effects them. The fact that places like the santa ana riverbed exists is a problem in of itself. Now that they shut that down, where do you think all those junkies are going? Not to mention the petty theft that is destroying small buisness (as if it wasnt hard enough before) and Im not sure how you pretend its not an issue. IE is even more of a shithole.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-12-30/orange-county-homeless-problem-solutions

https://voiceofoc.org/2019/04/7000-homeless-people-in-oc-is-a-wake-up-call-experts-say/

Your city just spent 100's of thousands of dollars for homelessness and realized it wasnt working. Maybe you dont follow your own news. People would get a bed for a month abuse it then go back to the streets and repeat the cycle all over. The biggest problem is people pretending there isnt a problem until it effects them. The fact that places like the santa ana riverbed exists is a problem in of itself. Now that they shut that down, where do you think all those junkies are going? Not to mention the petty theft that is destroying small buisness (as if it wasnt hard enough before) and Im not sure how you pretend its not an issue. IE is even more of a shithole.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-12-30/orange-county-homeless-problem-solutions

https://voiceofoc.org/2019/04/7000-homeless-people-in-oc-is-a-wake-up-call-experts-say/

I acknowledged that it’s a problem and that I disagree with the law. I don’t agree with the people who act like California is a wasteland of homelessness and drug abuse. Apparently my living here for 31 years and consistently traveling up and down the state for various reasons doesn’t hold enough weight to have my own opinion though.

Have you guys ever heard of the Jungle in San Jose? They shut it down a couple years ago, but it was a massive 65 acre homeless encampment with like a couple hundred people living there.

ccv8y5rb38111.jpg

I'd rather have one massive homeless encampment out in the woods than all of them living on the streets.

Have you ever been out to Slab City before? It's a trip. It's like the pinnacle of off the grid living.

SD is perhaps the only large metropolitan city in the entire US that actually is conservative
Well a lot of that is because of the transients and military.

I believe all of Orange County and the IE are the most conservative parts of the state as well.

The same people who claim California is the best place on the planet are the same who are the first to complain about income inequality, of which Cali is among the worst places on this planet for that.
these people in LA are pretty delusional. Limousine liberals, and dirt poor all over.

NY has the no cash bail law now. Criminals are arrested and let right back out and given gift cards and tickets to Mets games to show up for the court date. Crime is spiking and even the asshole liberal Mayor admits its a problem. People that are victims of crimes committed by people that should have never been back on the street are starting to sue. We have had some deaths as well. The liberal Governor also allowed illegals to get licenses....smell whats cooking? This is for votes. But it has backfored. Even the dems dont want this danger. They will all be voted out next election.
For liberals being tough on crime is racist. So they are undoing anything that was successful. It is sad how clearly these measures not only do not work, but are harmful.

I'd rather have one massive homeless encampment out in the woods than all of them living on the streets.
Seems like an interesting place, kind of like the Las Vegas tunnels.

Back