Opinion California Residents-Prop 47 Has it impacted you?

chrisdiaz

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Prop 47 was given the title "The Safer neighborhoods and Schools act" when it was presented to the voters in 2014. Since then homelessness, public drug use and petty theft have spiked since the prop has passed. I have witnessed it first hand as a LA resident my entire life and a relative of a meth user. Ive also had someone break in my vehicle in the last 6 months.

Heavy drug possession such as heroin and meth are now ticketed misdemeanors. Minor theft under $950, Also a ticket or maybe a night in jail. Misdemeanors.

The Mayor of Los Angeles recently did an interview on the issue. Yes its on fox, still a good piece.
https://www.foxla.com/news/mayor-ga...action-to-fox-11-meth-addiction-investigation

The whole special is pretty interesting if you live in LA. People get delusional and hostile when they havent slept for 72 hours or eaten. Top this off with giving them a source of income via petty theft and were looking at a serious issue. I just bought a house here recently and I dont really want to live here anymore. The police Ive spoken to feel the same way. They're helpless.

Thoughts on the situation? Anyone been experiencing and break ins or theft recently?

The same people who claim California is the best place on the planet are the same who are the first to complain about income inequality, of which Cali is among the worst places on this planet for that.

The same people who claim California is the best place on the planet are the same who are the first to complain about income inequality, of which Cali is among the worst places on this planet for that.
Not sure what that has to do with the subject at hand? It still is great in certain aspects but laws like this are really hurting our streets.I think the income equality vs living expense is over exaggerated but Ive never been anywhere else.

It's a fucking disaster. Yeah, theft and drug use are misdemeanors, but cops are usually not ticketing these people. You can find people sitting outside of the courthouse at a bus stop smoking meth, running in traffic, going crazy, and none of the cops in the courthouse do anything or care. Just another day. Theft and meth use are all but legalized now. I haven't seen prop 47 do anything but dramatically increase property crime and drug use. Supposedly, prop 47 was to raise money for, among other things, mental health and substance abuse treatment. Treat them rather than punish them, or something like that. Well, these people are not getting help. Involuntary treatment under California law is very difficult, and now we can't use incarceration to force addicts into sobriety and treatment. It's super hard to get these people any treatment. Many counties don't even have appropriate levels of care or resources to treat addicts.

Not sure what that has to do with the subject at hand? It still is great in certain aspects but laws like this are really hurting our streets.I think the income equality vs living expense is over exaggerated but Ive never been anywhere else.
Your state has the most super rich and the highest poverty rate.

Prop 47 was given the title "The Safer neighborhoods and Schools act" when it was presented to the voters in 2014. Since then homelessness, public drug use and petty theft have spiked since the prop has passed. I have witnessed it first hand as a LA resident my entire life and a relative of a meth user. Ive also had someone break in my vehicle in the last 6 months.

Heavy drug possession such as heroin and meth are now ticketed misdemeanors. Minor theft under $950, Also a ticket or maybe a night in jail. Misdemeanors.

The Mayor of Los Angeles recently did an interview on the issue. Yes its on fox, still a good piece.
https://www.foxla.com/news/mayor-ga...action-to-fox-11-meth-addiction-investigation

The whole special is pretty interesting if you live in LA. People get delusional and hostile when they havent slept for 72 hours or eaten. Top this off with giving them a source of income via petty theft and were looking at a serious issue. I just bought a house here recently and I dont really want to live here anymore. The police Ive spoken to feel the same way. They're helpless.

Thoughts on the situation? Anyone been experiencing and break ins or theft recently?
Yep, watched what was a bad area in the 90s and early 2000s become a nice and desirable community. In the past 5 years I’ve watched crime and homelessness spike. Had incidents on my property, witnessed many things and had to deal with police quite often. I’ve since in the past year moved to a nicer yet more rural area just to get away, but I fear it won’t last more than a decade with the development plans they have.

My family in california has complained about it, but they are selfish conservatives who havent considered the impact it has had on those struggling with drug addiction, and not ""treating"" them by just exploiting them in a for profit prison system

Just do what all the wealthy ultra-liberal people do in Cali...buy a huge mansion, put up walls everywhere, and have roving armed security guards. Then go on TV and tell all us plebs that walls don't work, guns are bad, and talk about how diversity is the biggest strength of the populous.

When it comes to Prop 47 the people voted for it, so you've got to deal with the consequences or get the hell out of there. It sucks that you just bought a place, but you could always rent it out and move to a better place with less deviants around.

Looking at the statistics of the vote it's pretty normal for California ; the coastal areas vote one way, while damned near every single other part of the state votes the opposite.

800px-2014CaliforniaProposition47.svg.png

I am friends with a lot of security/police officers, having babysat right alongside them, otherwise full grown adults, who weren't raised right.

Go to your local mall? "Hide. Lock. Take." signs posted all over the parking lot.

Why? Because tweaker homeless or "teens" will break into your vehicle.

The "if it's under $950.00, we won't bother" law makes it so "teens" (predominantly) will roll right into a Victoria's Secret, right on camera, and steal whatever they can, stashing stuff in bags, baby strollers, anywhere, and it's a waysiss hate crime/profiling, if you try to stop them. Get it all on camera? Witness statements that it is the SAME GROUP OF "TEENS" multiple times a week? Does nothing. The rule of law is completely NEUTERED.

Also, the "teens" work in groups, so try not getting jumped by ten on one.

Tweaker homeless are everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

A canal bank that used to be a sweet play spot when I was growing up, is now a "homeless camp".

So bad that should you choose to walk your dog through there, or use it as a shortcut on the way home from school, like I did 25 years ago, you're likely to be attacked by one of their "pet" dogs, usually a big pit bull, nevermind the aforementioned tweaker trash homeless.

Their waste, in a variety of forms, is everywhere.

The public has come to accept this as normal. Mostly young people who know no different and who are just trying to get by. Old people walking with golf clubs and mace for protection on their motherfucking morning walks.

One of many reasons I'm ditching this state, very soon. I refuse to attempt to raise children in this Communist shit hole.

Even if one is rich, why the fuck would you waste money here, when the cost of living elsewhere in the country is much less, and you can have more money to put aside for your children when they become an adult?

Canada is awful for this too. Homeles people here have carte blanche. The local church got broken into by homeless people last month and since they had left by the time anyone got there, the police wouldn't even take a statement.

I don't blame the cops who would probably love to go to war with the local homeless. But their hands are tied by beaurocracy.

The brazeness was shocking. They broke into the front entrance and camped in there, burning candles and risking burning the whole church down. Anyone who had walked or driven past the front of the building that night would have seen them.

It's a constant thing here and nothing is ever done. Even if homeless people here get caught red handed breaking the law they just get moved and are back in a week.

My family in california has complained about it, but they are selfish conservatives who havent considered the impact it has had on those struggling with drug addiction, and not ""treating"" them by just exploiting them in a for profit prison system

In prison and forced to be sober by the circumstances is better than out in the streets using, risking overdose and breaking into people's property.

https://ballotpedia.org/California_Criminal_Sentencing,_Parole,_and_DNA_Collection_Initiative_(2020)

On the ballot
March 3, 2020:

Type Title Subject Description
BI Proposition 13 Bonds Issues $15 billion in bonds for school and college facilities

November 3, 2020:

Type Title Subject Description
CISS Criminal Sentencing, Parole, and DNA Collection Initiative Law Enforcement Makes changes to policies related to criminal sentencing charges, prison release, and DNA collection
CICA Tax on Commercial and Industrial Properties for Education and Local Government Funding Initiative Taxes Requires commercial and industrial properties to be taxed based on market value and dedicates revenue
VR Replace Cash Bail with Risk Assessments Referendum Trials Replaces cash bail with risk assessments for suspects awaiting trial
CISS Local Rent Control Initiative Housing Expands local governments' power to use rent control

Theres a bill on this years ballot to amend/remove prop 47.

It destroyed Chico, California. All of the parks and playgrounds are unusable. All of them! There is nowhere safe to take a hike or to take my children.

Needles and junkies and lunatics. Trash and the constant threat of a homeless person throwing a rock thru your car window because it isn't illegal to steal your stuff.

Women are not safe at night. Rape used to be a major crime that all of the community would come down against, but now it swept under the rug when crazed homeless rape women in the parks.

I am moving away. Probably forever.

What do you think of this?

A report by the Center on Criminal and Juvenile Justice found that property crime rates fell more than 3 percentstatewide from 2010 to 2016. The organization argued that recent crime patterns may result from local policies rather than state policy reform.

“The divergence between the 213 cities that have shown property crime increases since 2010 versus the 298 cities with property crime decreases was so large – a 31 percentage point difference – that the two categories of cities actually swapped places. This striking result suggests that reform measures such as Proposition 47 are not the reason a minority of cities experienced crime increases,” said the group’s senior research fellow, Mike Males, Ph.D., in a statement.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/what-ar...nias-prop-47-half-a-decade-later_3143136.html

It destroyed Chico, California. All of the parks and playgrounds are unusable. All of them! There is nowhere safe to take a hike or to take my children.

Needles and junkies and lunatics. Trash and the constant threat of a homeless person throwing a rock thru your car window because it isn't illegal to steal your stuff.

Women are not safe at night. Rape used to be a major crime that all of the community would come down against, but now it swept under the rug when crazed homeless rape women in the parks.

I am moving away. Probably forever.
Man that sucks. I would be moving away too.

I am friends with a lot of security/police officers, having babysat right alongside them, otherwise full grown adults, who weren't raised right.

Go to your local mall? "Hide. Lock. Take." signs posted all over the parking lot.

Why? Because tweaker homeless or "teens" will break into your vehicle.

The "if it's under $950.00, we won't bother" law makes it so "teens" (predominantly) will roll right into a Victoria's Secret, right on camera, and steal whatever they can, stashing stuff in bags, baby strollers, anywhere, and it's a waysiss hate crime/profiling, if you try to stop them. Get it all on camera? Witness statements that it is the SAME GROUP OF "TEENS" multiple times a week? Does nothing. The rule of law is completely NEUTERED.

Also, the "teens" work in groups, so try not getting jumped by ten on one.

Tweaker homeless are everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

A canal bank that used to be a sweet play spot when I was growing up, is now a "homeless camp".

So bad that should you choose to walk your dog through there, or use it as a shortcut on the way home from school, like I did 25 years ago, you're likely to be attacked by one of their "pet" dogs, usually a big pit bull, nevermind the aforementioned tweaker trash homeless.

Their waste, in a variety of forms, is everywhere.

The public has come to accept this as normal. Mostly young people who know no different and who are just trying to get by. Old people walking with golf clubs and mace for protection on their motherfucking morning walks.

One of many reasons I'm ditching this state, very soon. I refuse to attempt to raise children in this Communist shit hole.

Even if one is rich, why the fuck would you waste money here, when the cost of living elsewhere in the country is much less, and you can have more money to put aside for your children when they become an adult?

Fucking hobo pitbulls! I tried to take my daughter to a playground and a group of zombies were using needles and getting wasted and had a pitt off leash. It was acting aggressive to protect it's owner that was laying on picnic table. We had to leave.

I also got attacked and almost bit going to Safeway. Homeless sleeping by the entrance and their Pitt went nuts because my cart was loud.

Ffffffuck

Last edited:
Man that sucks. I would be moving away too.

And the city council? All they talk about and work on is making life better for the homeless. That's it. They don't care about children or tax payers. They don't care about business. They only care about spending money on hobos and talking about woke bullshit.

It's fucking nuts.

I lived all over LA in the 80s and 90s. We kept getting evicted, but it was the same wherever we moved to. Bars on all doors and windows. The homies in the gangs claiming to be protecting the hoods were the ones who kept breaking into the houses they live next door to.

Back