Opinion California Residents-Prop 47 Has it impacted you?

Have you guys ever heard of the Jungle in San Jose? They shut it down a couple years ago, but it was a massive 65 acre homeless encampment with like a couple hundred people living there.

ccv8y5rb38111.jpg

Although I agree Berkeley does have a homeless problem, but again you literally highlight the worst place......Which is why I say you're full of shit....

These are just some of the major cities in the Bay Area and places I have to frequent every week. It's a dump here. Of course, there are places with fewer homeless people. I never said there weren't. I rarely see homeless people in the town where I live unless I go to the park. But that's not what this thread is about. The question was if we have seen problems with prop 47, and the answer is yes.

BTW I lived in Berkeley for 2 years...Not once did I encounter a naked black man or anything close to that....and I Walked at midnight(sometimes at like 3am-4am next to people's park lol) and shit,.....Either you're full of shit, or its just bad luck.

You were probably the naked black man.

Court order

Can you post some examples of where this has been employed, which show greater effectiveness than imprisonment for reducing property crimes, loitering, etc?

Can you post some examples of where this has been employed, which show greater effectiveness than imprisonment for reducing property crimes, loitering, etc?
Ideally, people who are addicted to drugs and not a threat to the community won't be sent to prison. Prisons are not good places for mental health treatment and drug rehabilitation. Most of these homeless people probably would do best being sentenced to a residential level of care. It would be kind of like a prison in a way. They would be required to live there for however long, 6, 12, 18 months. But it would be a safer place for them, and they would get the type of treatment they need. Don't know any facts off the top of my head, but there may be data out there of relapse rates 6 months out of prison vs long-term residential programs.

I'm stationed in SD and I get the same feeling here as I did in Buffalo NY. LA/SF ruin it for everyone same as NYC ruined the state of NY...and Detroit ruined MI (my home state)

What feeling is that?

How did they ruin it?

And what do you do in the military?

Most of the locals I met in the area are fairly conservative and hate how the big city folks are running the state, moreso in Buffalo than San Diego, but you'd be surprised how many legal and next generation Mexican immigrants are disgusted by the thought of sanctuary cities, gun control and PC culture. Add that into the strong military presence (most of whom lean right or center) and the locals who support them

You can't execute someone for being a drug addict, unless the law changes that is not a realistic solution

Still waiting to hear YOUR solutions.

We can't execute tweakers? So what are we supposed to do with them? Pay to house these wastes of air?

Still waiting to hear YOUR solutions.

We can't execute tweakers? So what are we supposed to do with them? Pay to house these wastes of air?

If you read a bit higher I've given some.
You're the type of person who actually compounds problems, you offer no solutions and just go on these exaggerated rants.

If you read a bit higher I've given some.
You're the type of person who actually compounds problems, you offer no solutions and just go on these exaggerated rants.

Offer no solutions? As in we quit babying these people on productive people's dime?

I offered rehab, with a one-strike and you're out, claus. If you had bothered to read up.

I'm much much concerned w/ where Cali chooses to release Parolees and those on Probation.....

My area, Victorville, Desert Hot Springs, and Palmdale/Lancaster seem to be leading the charge in that arena

Not coincidentally, our crime rates have skyrocketed.

Most of the locals I met in the area are fairly conservative and hate how the big city folks are running the state, moreso in Buffalo than San Diego, but you'd be surprised how many legal and next generation Mexican immigrants are disgusted by the thought of sanctuary cities, gun control and PC culture. Add that into the strong military presence (most of whom lean right or center) and the locals who support them
SD is perhaps the only large metropolitan city in the entire US that actually is conservative

The rampant theft at retail has shown the effects of liberal policies. Much of the state's grocery and drug stores lock up alcohol and basically anything valuable (baby formula). Retail shrink is of biblical proportions of which they are seeking help from vendors to curb the losses. The trickle down effect will only get worse as earnings go down with the foot traffic and losses not made up.

Meanwhile you will find cops on the toll roads and on every major highway looking for taxpayers who may have a cell phone in their hand or who may have been going 5 mph over the limit.

Who does't love a demonic parasitic liberal and their bat shit crazy policies?

To anyone claiming this hasnt become an issue in california (or you havent noticed it) Go speak to your local Police Dept. Most people walk through life with a blind eye until it starts affecting them. I guarantee there has been a spike in crime in your area. Some people here just love to live with their heads in the sand and if that works for you, more power to you.

Offer no solutions? As in we quit babying these people on productive people's dime?

I offered rehab, with a one-strike and you're out, claus. If you had bothered to read up.

Rehab then execution.It is not realistic bro, not even Trump would allow that, give a real solution...... You have none because your a closed minded sheep

The rampant theft at retail has shown the effects of liberal policies. Much of the state's grocery and drug stores lock up alcohol and basically anything valuable (baby formula). Retail shrink is of biblical proportions of which they are seeking help from vendors to curb the losses. The trickle down effect will only get worse as earnings go down with the foot traffic and losses not made up.

Meanwhile you will find cops on the toll roads and on every major highway looking for taxpayers who may have a cell phone in their hand or who may have been going 5 mph over the limit.

Sounds like a South American shithole. Are price of goods skyrocketed since?

I saw some homeless dude in the lobby where I work yesterday looking for food. He asked if my office had any snacks or spare food he could eat. I directed him to this place nearby handing out food. He said he rather just walk across the street to a store and steal some food. I told him that was his choice but be prepared to deal with the consequences...then I remembered there are no consequences. Oops.

Back