Opinion California Residents-Prop 47 Has it impacted you?

Lies. Police stopped even reporting crimes in so many California cities. I've seen way too much fucked up shit and the police just throw their hands up.

Only clean tax payers face the wrath of law.

What I find interesting is that guy cites a reduction in crime for 2010 to 2016, when Prop 47 didn't pass until 2014. Perhaps including the stats on years prior to Prop 47's becoming law skewed the numbers.

What were the statistical trends of various crimes in years prior to and after Prop 47 became law?

People need to understand that the Homeless Industry is an industry just like any other. The people who work within it do not want to end up jobless. They want their departments and funding to grow with bigger budgets, and tackling bigger problems, so they can hire more and get paid more. And if you think 'no they are altruistic and wish to get rid of their jobs' you are naive. The street level workers, many volunteers want to end homeless but those at the top, in the bureaucracy want to MANAGE homelessness. And they want it ti grow.

An emerging homeless problem properly fostered will go from community money (church and donations), to City money as part of a yearly budget. To State money as part of the budget and the creation of a Gov't department to manage it. To Federal money pouring in. All the while the problem grows with zero visibility to actually getting people off the street.

I live in Cali.....This law hasn't done anything negative or positive where I live.

Lies. Police stopped even reporting crimes in so many California cities. I've seen way too much fucked up shit and the police just throw their hands up.

Only clean tax payers face the wrath of law.

This is true. First, it didn't pass until 2014, so looking at stats from 2010-2016 doesn't make much sense. Second, most of these people are not being arrested or charged now, so how could they have accurate data of what's going on in 2020?

Someone I know works at a fancier clothing store at the mall, and he says people steal their clothes on a daily basis now. Employees know they are stealing the clothes, but they are not allowed to stop them, there is no police there, and store policy is they don't do anything unless it crosses some large dollar figure. I'm sure it has become a huge problem at a lot of businesses.

Last edited:
It destroyed Chico, California. All of the parks and playgrounds are unusable. All of them! There is nowhere safe to take a hike or to take my children.

Needles and junkies and lunatics. Trash and the constant threat of a homeless person throwing a rock thru your car window because it isn't illegal to steal your stuff.

Women are not safe at night. Rape used to be a major crime that all of the community would come down against, but now it swept under the rug when crazed homeless rape women in the parks.

I am moving away. Probably forever.

wait..... you're in Chico?

I live in Cali.....This law hasn't done anything negative or positive where I live.

Same here. Everyone on here exaggerates anything negative about California. Like crime and poverty doesn't exist in other states

Same here. Everyone on here exaggerates anything negative about California. Like crime and poverty doesn't exist in other states
Exactly lol.....So many exaggerators in the War Room, I guess this is why we have so many DOOM threads lol.

Prop 47 is an absolute joke. Stores are getting fucking pillaged and the people we arrest are like "ok give me my ticket "

There is literally no penalty anymore and DAs office does not file anyway.

People we used to be able to out away for the weekend are just going on sprees in neighborhoods and stores now.

Just do what all the wealthy ultra-liberal people do in Cali...buy a huge mansion, put up walls everywhere, and have roving armed security guards. Then go on TV and tell all us plebs that walls don't work, guns are bad, and talk about how diversity is the biggest strength of the populous.

lol nice

Haha. You must be living in a bubble.

This is the reality in a lot of places in California. This may seem normal to you, but it's not like this in most parts of the US.
imrs.php

AP_18197792072380.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

bart-junkies-e1524707106965.jpg

Search on YT for meth use in California and you'll find probably hundreds of videos of people smoking meth openly on public transit, walking down busy streets in major cities, going crazy inside businesses.

Here's a perfect example of two people smoking meth or crack at a BART station. Guy confronts them, and lady says, "It's not illegal....the cops just walk by you." It's basically not anymore. If you ride the BART or ever go outside in any city, you see this shit everywhere, and nothing is done about it.

NY has the no cash bail law now. Criminals are arrested and let right back out and given gift cards and tickets to Mets games to show up for the court date. Crime is spiking and even the asshole liberal Mayor admits its a problem. People that are victims of crimes committed by people that should have never been back on the street are starting to sue. We have had some deaths as well. The liberal Governor also allowed illegals to get licenses....smell whats cooking? This is for votes. But it has backfored. Even the dems dont want this danger. They will all be voted out next election.

Where you guys live and how long in CA? Most of us who've been here a while have seen the changes.

Nothing close to this in Miami or ft laud fwiw
Haha. You must be living in a bubble.

This is the reality in a lot of places in California. This may seem normal to you, but it's not like this in most parts of the US.
imrs.php

AP_18197792072380.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

bart-junkies-e1524707106965.jpg

Search on YT for meth use in California and you'll find probably hundreds of videos of people smoking meth openly on public transit, walking down busy streets in major cities, going crazy inside businesses.

Here's a perfect example of two people smoking meth or crack at a BART station. Guy confronts them, and lady says, "It's not illegal....the cops just walk by you." It's basically not anymore. If you ride the BART or ever go outside in any city, you see this shit everywhere, and nothing is done about it.

Fucking hobo pitbulls! I tried to take my daughter to a playground and a group of zombies were using needles and getting wasted and had a pitt off leash. It was acting aggressive to protect it's owner that was laying on picnic table. We had to leave.

I also got attacked and almost bit going to Safeway. Homeless sleeping by the entrance and their Pitt went nuts because my cart was loud.

Ffffffuck

Yep. And all this in just a few years. As a society, this is just another embarrassment.

If this proposition doesn't have rehabilitation methods attached to it then it won't work.
It is a fact though, that jail's are the least effect rehabilitation method for recidivism

Last edited:
If this proposition doesn't have rehabilitation methods attached to it then it won't work.
It is a fact though, that jail's are the least effect rehabilitation method for recidivism

That's nice and all, and I understand you have the best of intentions.

However, I am done wasting tax payer money on dead ass tweaker trash.

The money we spend on incarceration alone is way too fuckin much. That money should go to children/those seeling to improve themselves, not wasted on scumfuck criminals or tweaker trash.

One. Chance. At. Rehabilitation.

Just. One.

After that, if you fuck that up, it's a bullet to the back of the head, which your family is billed for, and your sorry carcass is fed to crocodiles.

After dealing with tweakers most of my adult life, criminals as well, I have no sympathy left. None.

The only ones with sympathy for tweakers are the ones far, far removed from the demons.

Doesn’t affect me cuz I don’t live in that dump

I've noticed a definite increase in crime and issues with homeless people here, and it roughly correlates with the passage of prop 2014. Within a year it seemed like we had a big jump in their numbers and aggressiveness. We've had more break-ins for both cars and homes, more panhandlers being more persistent, rude, and threatening. I even received advisories from the Irvine PD about not leaving valuables visible in your car while at work or shopping because of the increase in crime. Then of course was the time I was driving up the 5 freeway around the orange crush and spotted that giant homeless encampment along the Santa Ana river.

RbtpbkaubtieXDN-800x450-noPad.jpg

They have since cleaned it out, but had to clear out tons of tainted dirt, garbage, drug needles and human waste. I've been told that there have been multiple initiatives to get housing for the homeless around here, but the big stumbling block is that they won't agree to stop using drugs as a condition of living in said housing. So they remain homeless and unemployable largely because of drugs.

Back