Opinion California Residents-Prop 47 Has it impacted you?

The same people who claim California is the best place on the planet are the same who are the first to complain about income inequality, of which Cali is among the worst places on this planet for that.

Same about America as a whole.

Richest country in the world, yet the average citizen isn't even top 20.

Bro, the Bart stations take up literallly .0000000001% of the bay area....again you're full of shit.

Most places simply dont look like that at all, ur full of shit bro.

Sorry man, I know for a fact, most of California does not look like that....again you're highlighting the worst places to make it seem like thats normal lol.

Thousands of people pass through Bart stations a day. I know people that used to use it every day and they said it was fairly normal for bums to cook heroin right there while they waited for the Bart. My girlfriend said this tweaker scrounged up all his shit and had two exposed needles poking out of all his shit as he pushed his way through people to get onto the train.

Fuck that man.

I myself never saw the bad shit because I don't go into the bad areas willingly but over the last year I've had to do a lot of traveling for work and it's bad in a lot of areas. Some underpasses are just tent city where you couldn't even walk down the sidewalk if you tried. Long stretches of roads where people are walking around like zombies. Sometimes you don't realize how bad it is because you don't have any reason to go into those areas.

These are just some of the major cities in the Bay Area and places I have to frequent every week. It's a dump here. Of course, there are places with fewer homeless people. I never said there weren't. I rarely see homeless people in the town where I live unless I go to the park. But that's not what this thread is about. The question was if we have seen problems with prop 47, and the answer is yes.

You were probably the naked black man.

2 years living near that park, literally walking around that park like each day...... never saw any naked person on the streets.

Sorry for your luck, well perhaps you liked it so IDK, maybe it was good luck for you.

I did get offered weed one time going thru that park..I said no thank you and walked away.

2 years living near that park, literally walking around that park like each day...... never saw any naked person on the streets.

Sorry for your luck, well perhaps you liked it so IDK, maybe it was good luck for you.

I did get offered weed one time going thru that park..I said no thank you and walked away.
I’ve there for about 2 hours after dark at least once a week, so maybe I have more exposure when the crazy people are riding bikes naked.

I’ve there for about 2 hours after dark at least once a week, so maybe I have more exposure when the crazy people are riding bikes naked.
That's the thing...I would go to the gym at like 10pm and comeback at midnight...Didn't see crap.

Once I did see a crazy homeless guy like masterbating thru his pants, so I didn't see crap and maybe it was just a strong itch.

Now the bars around there, they create way more "action" than any homeless person from my experience lol....Once a non homeless person in some tall ass building yelled at me while I passed by lol.

With the ridiculous cost of living in California it’s like they create homelessness and breed drug use or something

It's a fucking disaster. Yeah, theft and drug use are misdemeanors, but cops are usually not ticketing these people. You can find people sitting outside of the courthouse at a bus stop smoking meth, running in traffic, going crazy, and none of the cops in the courthouse do anything or care. Just another day. Theft and meth use are all but legalized now. I haven't seen prop 47 do anything but dramatically increase property crime and drug use. Supposedly, prop 47 was to raise money for, among other things, mental health and substance abuse treatment. Treat them rather than punish them, or something like that. Well, these people are not getting help. Involuntary treatment under California law is very difficult, and now we can't use incarceration to force addicts into sobriety and treatment. It's super hard to get these people any treatment. Many counties don't even have appropriate levels of care or resources to treat addicts.

mite not that they don’t care, believe me. It’s that the system will not support them and they run the risk of complaints and lawsuits. It’s the same with people dealing drugs that you absolutely know are dealing drugs. You try to do something and everyone calls you racist and files complaints. Sure, it’s a shithead tactic to discourage enforcement, but the courts and system don’t support the police when they do try to take action. It ends up being police responding to calls for service rather than pro active policing. I used to be very proactive and that was when I had the most trouble. It only took a few times getting slapped on the nose for me to say fuck it, and i was one of the most successful and pro active police officers at that time. Also, my efforts were for nothing. When a position for the drug unit opened up, you would think they would take the cop that had the most drug arrests, but they decided not to fill the position because they couldn’t justify giving it to the officer they wanted because he had just been removed from an elite shift for inactivity. He got his post a few years later. So glad I am out of that fucking place and profession.

Back