Social California Governor Newsom on Gun Control

HomeCheese

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Newsom is not my guy, I was turned off by him way back in the Plump Jack days or whatever that restaurant was called; however, he dropped some gems on gun control yesterday. It was nice to hear a poltition speak so plainly on the subject.

Here are a few quotes:

The Democratic governor said the president has failed to provide moral leadership on the issue and take on the “machismo” culture perpetuating mass shootings.

“It’s just sickening... the leadership today that just turns a blind eye and won’t do a damn thing to address these issues,” he told reporters Monday, according to a transcript provided by his office. “What’s goddamned absent in this country right now is moral authority.”

“California’s doing its part, but Jesus, these guys, the folks in the White House have been supporting the kinds of policies that roll back the work that we’re doing,” he said. “It keeps happening, over and over and over again, on their damned watch.”

You have a right to bear arms but not weapons of goddamned mass destruction,” Newsom said. “You need these damn things for hunting? Give me a break.”

Here is Sac Bee's coverage of this:
https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article233278393.html

Sounds like a bitch.

Banning certain types of guns won't fix the issue, as we've seen in Chicago. Those goddamn weapons of mass destruction he's referring to are responsible for less than five percent of gun homicides nation wide.

Banning certain types of guns won't fix the issue, as we've seen in Chicago. Those goddamn weapons of mass destruction he's referring to are responsible for less than five percent of gun homicides nation wise.

Don't bring facts into his emotional outburst.

It sort of ruins it.

How about the liberal media that for decades has been pushing the idea that Americans with differing points of view are terrible horrible people and your enemies who must Be destroyed.

That made our culture toxic

You have a right to bear arms but not weapons of goddamned mass destruction,” Newsom said. “You need these damn things for hunting? Give me a break.”

does the constitution say right to bear arms to hunt?

I never said my ar15 was for hunting
Mine wasn't either, it was for the range and target practice. Weapons of mass paper destruction.

in theory ;) , if i had an assault type weapon (whatever that means) it would not be for hunting

Newsom is not my guy, I was turned off by him way back in the Plump Jack days or whatever that restaurant was called; however, he dropped some gems on gun control yesterday. It was nice to hear a poltition speak so plainly on the subject.

Here are a few quotes:

The Democratic governor said the president has failed to provide moral leadership on the issue and take on the “machismo” culture perpetuating mass shootings.

“It’s just sickening... the leadership today that just turns a blind eye and won’t do a damn thing to address these issues,” he told reporters Monday, according to a transcript provided by his office. “What’s goddamned absent in this country right now is moral authority.”

“California’s doing its part, but Jesus, these guys, the folks in the White House have been supporting the kinds of policies that roll back the work that we’re doing,” he said. “It keeps happening, over and over and over again, on their damned watch.”

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article233278393.html

Remind us how many nations confiscated guns, and then shortly thereafter committed brutal mass murder against its people.

Spare me the “moral authority”.

You either believe people have the right to self defense or not. If they have the right to self defense they should have the ability to own everything that is reasonable to use for self defense, which for me would be anything up to and possibly including landmines

By self defense I include offensive actions taken against a tyrannical dictatorship as that could be considered pre-emptive..

If you believe in self-defense, but in putting strong regulations on it, then you don't really believe in self defense. You just say you do to not come off as a statist.

How about the liberal media that for decades has been pushing the idea that Americans with differing points of view are terrible horrible people and your enemies who must Be destroyed.

That made our culture toxic

What? The liberal media made our culture toxic? The liberal media is the main culprit for our cultural woes?

You can't really believe this can you?

Remind us how many nations confiscated guns, and then shortly thereafter committed brutal mass murder against its people.

You think private gun owners will stand up to the US military?

Do you think that that could happen in the USA? That the government will confiscate your guns and commit brutal mass murder?

That sounds like some Alex Jones off the deep end shit.

Here are a few quotes:

The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting

You either believe people have the right to self defense or not. If they have the right to self defense they should have the ability to own everything that is reasonable to use for self defense, which for me would be anything up to and possibly including landmines

By self defense I include offensive actions taken against a tyrannical dictatorship as that could be considered pre-emptive..

If you believe in self-defense, but in putting strong regulations on it, then you don't really believe in self defense. You just say you do to not come off as a statist.

Seriously, landmines? Holy shit man.

Here are a few quotes:

Those quotes sound like the same old tired rhetoric.

Back