Cain Velasquez vs Fabricio Werdum 2 (Confirmed) (Poll)

It's crazy how much UFC favors Cain...

Nice.

Would not have minded them fighting someone else in between, but this is still a great matchup.

Hopefully Werdum is just as impressive and hopefully we see the Cain we know instead of the wet noodle version.

UFC is only one step away from being WWE at this point. Politics are now playing a role just like they did in the WWE.

UFC desperately wants guys like Cain, Condit and Gus as champions. Rankings don't matter. It's all about business and politics and it's completely unacceptable. If in any other sport, a team or player was given a rematch because the promotion wanted them to win, there would be outrage.

As MMA fans, we just accept it and we shouldn't. UFC needs to decide if they are a sport and if rankings matter of if they just want to be a entertainment company that makes fights on a whim to sell PPVs. You can't be both. It's becoming a circus.

I know most people are really upset about this, but not me. I'd love to see another one, not at crazy altitude.

And I still think Werdum wins, I rooted for him in the first one, so I'm not some Cain fan making excuses.

I would like to see a rematch too, at some point down the line. Let both fighters win a few fights first, all that does is build up anticipation for the eventual rematch. These instant rematches are boring.

Cain is going to smash him. My pick.

I would like to see a rematch too, at some point down the line. Let both fighters win a few fights first, all that does is build up anticipation for the rematch. These instant rematches are boring.

I don't mind it, just because every other HW already has an interesting fight booked.

Also, I hate the lingering question of altitude hanging over (heh) the fight.

After this
tumblr_npxvud2X8U1u2ragso1_r2_500.gif
He should not be near a title shot.

If Cain loses and retires somehow, his record will be a huge fucking mess forever. 7 fights in 5 years with 3 dudes. We literally have no idea how Cain would fare against anyone in the HW division becaiuse he keeps fighting the same people over and over and over.

Hopefully Cain wins so we can finally get that long awaited rematch with Bigfoot after he sits out another year or two.

If there is anytime I want Cain to not be able to make a fight its now.

If Cain loses and retires somehow, his record will be a huge fucking mess forever. 7 fights in 5 years with 3 dudes. We literally have no idea how Cain would fare against anyone in the HW division becaiuse he keeps fighting the same people over and over and over.

Cain has fought 3 people in 4 years. And 2 of the 3 have beat him lol

Boo, fucking rubbish.

This rematch shit is fucked, especially for a champ that was finished. A close controversial decision, sure but come on.

Its obvious they want Cain as champ here and I think with Werdum only getting older, Cain will adjust and win this

Where's dat 3rd option 'nuf? You know the one EVERYONE would click? ;)

Stupid rematch, Cain has fought JDS x2, Silva x2 and now Werdum x 2.....can we please see him fight somebody else? I got destroyed vs Werdum and in no way should be getting an immediate rematch...at no point had a streak like Silva or GSP..

Ah well ill watch and Werdum will win again, but man UFC is seriously the WWE now...its not a sport at all anymore.

Meh. Too soon.

I picked Wrdum but that's probably just emotion. Cain has a very good chance of winning this fight.

Boo, fucking rubbish.

This rematch shit is fucked, especially for a champ that was finished. A close controversial decision, sure but come on.

Its obvious they want Cain as champ here and I think with Werdum only getting older, Cain will adjust and win this

I truly doubt Cain wins, altitude or not....his injuries imo have really deterred him he looked really soft vs Werdum.

But well see, I agree its a BS rematch...but UFC is full of BS these days.

Back