Cain Velasquez vs Fabricio Werdum 2 (Confirmed) (Poll)

As the guy who made the first thread wondering if the fight would be different without the altitude (or with a more prepared Cain) I'm confident in saying that I didn't want this rematch so soon.

But I still believe it's going to be a whole other fight...

Not understanding why this is happening. Unless it was written into the contracts prior to the fight happening, there is no reason to do this fight. So what happens then? Cain wins the title, potentially gets hurt some more, then sits on the title for another 2 years? C'MON MAN!!! UFC needs to be getting that money together for Fedor. Fedor vs Werdum II end of year banger!!!

I picked Cain to win, I really don't care if he does. I'm glad this is under Aldo/McGregor so I don't feel as ripped off by it.

The UFC had plenty of other worthy opponents for Werdum and instead we're getting a fucking undeserving rematch. Joe Silva sucks and so does Dana for okaying this bullshit. I'd love to hear Dana or Joe Silva explain why Cain is getting a rematch. Fucking morons.

Watch Cain win a controversial decision and we get a rubber match. Just watch.

does a single person outside of cormier or rockhold want to see this fight? Even cain himself probably doesn't want it. this is ridiculous.

is there any way to voice fan opinion directly to the ufc that this is a stupid fucking fight to make?

does a single person outside of cormier or rockhold want to see this fight? Even cain himself probably doesn't want it. this is ridiculous.

is there any way to voice fan opinion directly to the ufc that this is a stupid fucking fight to make?

the ufc wants to see this fight. the first fight wasnt competetive. the ufc obviously thinks cain will win the rematch. hes younger and more marketable. thats why theyre making the fight. the belt bouncing around is bad for promotion. the ufc is banking on cain winning and holding the belt until the torch is legit passed

imo a lot of butthurt in this thread comes from insecure werdum fans. i think they dont want to see how cain does at sea level because theyre worried it will diminish werdums win. theyre also worried that werdums time as a champion will be over for good

cain is the best hw in the world imo

What there was nobody else for Werdum to fight??

Seriously..

the ufc wants to see this fight. the first fight wasnt competetive. the ufc obviously thinks cain will win the rematch. hes younger and more marketable. thats why theyre making the fight. the belt bouncing around is bad for promotion. the ufc is banking on cain winning and holding the belt until the torch is legit passed

imo a lot of butthurt in this thread comes from insecure werdum fans. i think they dont want to see how cain does at sea level because theyre worried it will diminish werdums win. theyre also worried that werdums time as a champion will be over for good

The UFC wants a guy with the belt that is always injured and rarely fights???

And sea level really??

If Cain wins he better not fucking get injured and remain out for 6+ months. I don't mind if Cain wins but holy shit if he sits out for 6+ months after winning I will be butthurt.

I can't wait to see the build up for the fight and the UFC desperately come up with ways to try to sell it.

This is the first fight in UFC history where someone is given an instant rematch in a fight where they were beaten everywhere simply because they didn't do well in the altitude.

This is literally a "do-over" match for Cain since he didn't win or look the way he normally does. I think I'll go as far as to say it's the worst and most undeserving rematch in UFC history.

What's the point of winning a fucking title if there's an immediate rematch every time?

Cain "Rematch" Velasquez

What's 'rematch' in Spanish?

Werdum wins this more times than not IMO.
And yeah, what a disgusting rematch. It is as if the UFC is trying to wreck the HW division.

Well it certainly didn't show when they met. For what it's worth, I predicted that the fight would entirely depend on Cain's conditioning post layoff. As far as the rematch goes, I definitely think that Werdum legit has the skillset to give Cain problems. He handled the clinch very well, handily won the standup, and was unphased by Cain's initial shots and finished the fight pretty much instantly once it hit the ground.

How dumb, I would honestly rather see the Fedor fight than that

Back