• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cain Velasquez Trial for Attempted Murder Expected to Begin in January

Verdict

• Total voters
I hope he gets a slap on the wrist but I doubt it
<{danayeah}><Fedor23>

If somebody touched my kids I'd do the same damn thing. And there were no "innocent" people in that car - the molester's parents owned the daycare and let their son touch the kids in their care.

Fuck em. Free Cain.

If the dumbass had just cornered the guy in a dark alley and beat the shit out of him we’d all have his back

instead he shot from moving vehicle at moving vehicle with dozens of innocent bystanders in the line of fire. That’s what’s not acceptable and deserving of prison time for the deadly risk he brought to others with his own selfish decision making
This. What Cain did was ridiculously stupid. He didn't even hit the actual pedo. All he had to do was get him at night, not in a car driving through traffic.

As a father of two, it would be impossible to be in a stable mental state if one of my kids came home with those accusations.

Not condoning anything. Not passing judgement on anyone. Just saying… Being a parent changes you.
Most Shertards on these forums don’t know what it’s like having children let alone a girlfriend. I’ve got 4 kids and I agree with you.

how open of an area was it, where cain was firing? was it a busy street? or an open field area? also, did the stepfather really have no clue what was going on? i feel like you would have some sort of tell tale sign, if you're child was molesting children 100s of times, while working at a daycare. there would be some sort of sign that something is really really off. not saying he deserved to get shot, but what was going on with that whole situation? feel terrible for cain and now his family who have a big potential of not having their father in their lives, while also being the victim.
I've seen articles which say what highway, and where they go to and from and the time of the chase. Mapping it out, I did see a number of particularly dangerous places that they might have gone by, but one definite that was driven through (though can't say shots were fired at that time) was a school on that road, and during the time right after that school lets out. Endangering more children is pretty reckless

Are we sure he shot the “wrong” person? Perhaps there is more at play. Maybe the stepdad was well aware of what was going on and that will be revealed in the trial.

I am not saying Cain shouldn’t do time, but rather that the indiscriminate fire was due to information we aren’t privy too yet.

His actions were reckless, but any loving father in that situation would see nothing but red. Free Cain!

I've seen articles which say what highway, and where they go to and from and the time of the chase. Mapping it out, I did see a number of particularly dangerous places that they might have gone by, but one definite that was driven through (though can't say shots were fired at that time) was a school on that road, and during the time right after that school lets out. Endangering more children is pretty reckless
And in the video, you can see the road is clearly very busy.

Plea down to Negligent discharge of a firearm.
Time served, plus probation.

Obviously he's guilty and should do serious time. There was another famous case in the 80s where the father of a victim gunned down the offender, and he effectively only got community service. Difference is, that was a calculated hit with no risk of harming anyone else, whereas Cain engaged in car chase and opened fire with no regard for anyone. Could've killed random pedestrians.

Are we sure he shot the “wrong” person? Perhaps there is more at play. Maybe the stepdad was well aware of what was going on and that will be revealed in the trial.

I am not saying Cain shouldn’t do time, but rather that the indiscriminate fire was due to information we aren’t privy too yet.
Are we sure anyone in that car did anything to anyone? He's innocent until proven guilty, but you're now saying his parents are also pedophiles and deserved to be shot?

dang.

There will be no way he does not get jail time for this, the gun alone has a sentence probably of ten years, as the crime was commite diwth a gun. While understand why and sympathize, how he did it and the way he did it he has to have some consequences. It was planned and acted out, not an act of passion in the moment.

There will be no way he does not get jail time for this, the gun alone has a sentence probably of ten years, as the crime was commite diwth a gun. While understand why and sympathize, how he did it and the way he did it he has to have some consequences. It was planned and acted out, not an act of passion in the moment.
The worst part is, he followed the guys parents to where he was staying. Waited for him to walk out, get in the car and drive off before he started chasing them. When you see the guy walk out, pull up and do what you're going to do. If you're going to risk all those lives, fuck you. Go to prison for life bud. We've had enough stories in America of kids sitting in the backseat of a car and catching a bullet and dying. Fuck him.

Its the choice of weapon that will see Cain go down, because shooting a gun in public is so dangerous as we have seen thousands of cases where stray bullets hit someone else who is not involved and a total stranger.. it happened last year in my city also, some guy went to shoot someone who had stolen moneys from him, but because he fired 6 bullets one of them hit some delivery driver who was just walking to work and totally random.

Cain should have used his hands, which are weapons, his hands are his weapons, he could take those guys out quick.. I'm sure of it. If he had just knocked them out or choked them out.. I swear the punishment would be nowhere near the same, they will throw it out.

I totally understand his reasons and logic, he is being a protective father, I get that.. but he still didn't make the best decision. He should have just beat them, its Cain!! the HW champ.. he don't need that gun

I really dont know why people are saying shit like this. Considering what happened,its very easy to see what drove Cain to this. Its very understandable and relatable.

But we have the sofa kings,who in their comfort,and NON MOLESTED KIDS,pass judgement on a man pushed too far.
Understandable, relatable, yet still highly illegal and deserving of a lengthy prison sentence.

If the dumbass had just cornered the guy in a dark alley and beat the shit out of him we’d all have his back

instead he shot from moving vehicle at moving vehicle with dozens of innocent bystanders in the line of fire. That’s what’s not acceptable and deserving of prison time for the deadly risk he brought to others with his own selfish decision making

Hey man, this is clearly one of those situations where people lose all rationality they have.

Pretty easy to make claims like this when never overtook by such emotions. You don't know what went through his head, most of us don't know how it feels. How can you judge someone that was clearly overemotional because his son got f* raped and ask for rationality? Calling him a dumbass and asking to make a calculated move to corner the guy in a dark alley and beat him clearly shows you can't relate..

Are we sure anyone in that car did anything to anyone? He's innocent until proven guilty, but you're now saying his parents are also pedophiles and deserved to be shot?

dang.
That is actually not what i said, like at all?

Regardless of whether their son is a pedophile or not, he deserves due process. Cain opening a high speed chase and shooting is wrong and he will be punished.

I’m simply addressing the “wrong person” narrative.

Perhaps there may be info Cain has regarding his child’s situation that we here at sherdog don’t know yet. He may be under the impression that the alleged pedo parents are well aware of what transpires under their roof.

Back