• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Cain Velasquez arrested on a charge of attempted murder for shooting at his relatives molester

Should Cain's friends or family have tried to stop him from making a huge mistake?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll reserve judgement until the details come out but this doesn't look too good

That’s a much different statement. Yes, more than 50% of Americans probably do walk around without a gun. That’s a long way from saying people don’t ‘unless they’re criminals’. There are more people carrying guns who are not criminals

Will have my Conceal and Carry likely this year... NY

I'd be interested to hear from Cains friends If he has been acting erratic lately. Could be CTE like Chris Benoit where Cain just isnt himself anymore

How is it not attempted murder if he SHOT THE GUY?! Its not like he beat the shit out of him. You think "I was only aiming for his arm" is going to hold any weight in court?

no you misunderstand what i meant. i mean it's crazy that Cain Velasquez has ended up catching a case like that.

Damn. Thought Jones would be the first to shoot someone.

56b9b5d536f54023b9712208460f74f6_md.jpg
What is it about mug shots that can make anyone look like a piece of shit or a psycho? It's like there is a filter on everyone of them in the history of time...

Of course stupid to comment without knowing what's up, but uncharacteristic of Cain. He is always calm. Every interview through whole career, calm. "Without bail", that's hard stuff.

Yes, that's all you know. Just say it's a serious charge.

You're not assuming he's guilty? Well that's interesting.

You don't even know what you're saying. Again, no offense, but you're a mess.
Like I said, Most cases don't go to trial. Lawyers talk down charges and deals are made, and chances are he has pretty good lawyers. Chances are he'll take a plea deal instead of risk being convicted of the full charge and spending the next fifteen or twenty years in prison.

At no point did I say "Well, I mean he's probably guilty. He was charged after all."

What is it about mug shots that can make anyone look like a piece of shit or a psycho? It's like there is a filter on everyone of them in the history of time...

because mugshots are usually taken hours after you have been detained in a police car after you are being charged with a crime, usually into the AM hours. Most of the time the perpetrator is high or drunk. they usually arent in their best moment and in the proper state of mind

its a bit different than a photoshopped and filtered photo on instagram

in all fairness to Cain, he seems pretty damn confident in his mugshot. I dont think thats the face of someone nervous or guilty. Or if he is guilty, he seems like he is content with his decision

assuming drugs or alcohol isn't at play, Cain doesn't seem like the type of guy who would attempt to murder someone for no reason, but of course that is just my opinion. I dont think Cormier would be best friends with a psycho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back