• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Cain Velasquez arrested on a charge of attempted murder for shooting at his relatives molester

Should Cain's friends or family have tried to stop him from making a huge mistake?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible this could be self defense?

California has the Castle Doctrine and Self Defense laws. The victim of this shooting is alive so they do have both sides of the story. They don't charge someone with attempted murder and hold them without bail for legal self defense. It doesn't look good for "Brown Pride".

How would you even know that? You’re saying 54% of people with guns own them illegally? How would you even know??? Lol bullshit statistic.

I can buy a gun right now without a concealed carry permit and carry it on my hip in plain view and walk down the street legally and I don’t even have to provide identification if a cop asks me for it. So there’s no way that 46% number could even be accurate because I wouldn’t be on any list anywhere for buying, owning and carrying that gun legally.
I looked it up. And no, I said 46 percent of the population owns guns. The other 54 percent do not.

I mean we can hope but it's looking grim.
I mean a guy just got away with literally killing someone in a movie theater in Florida. Cali is no Florida but it's definitely possible to shoot someone and not get convicted of a crime.

That's a hilarious backtrack. You clearly assumed his guilt.

You don't even know if they will go for premeditated or not and you're already coming up with prison sentences. Stop typing and wait to see what happens instead of making ridiculous statements.
Stop. He's already dead.

because mugshots are usually taken hours after you have been detained in a police car after you are being charged with a crime, usually into the AM hours. Most of the time the perpetrator is high or drunk. they usually arent in their best moment and in the proper state of mind

its a bit different than a photoshopped and filtered photo on instagram

in all fairness to Cain, he seems pretty damn confident in his mugshot. I dont think thats the face of someone nervous or guilty. Or if he is guilty, he seems like he is content with his decision

assuming drugs or alcohol isn't at play, Cain doesn't seem like the type of guy who would attempt to murder someone for no reason, but of course that is just my opinion. I dont think Cormier would be best friends with a psycho
The filter comment was a joke...

I don't know American law but surely if it's without bail, it's because you're posed as a danger to society or a flight risk?

best fighter of all time, Sucks to see something like this happen. Im sure there's a reasonable explanation and he'll be released.

I looked it up. And no, I said 46 percent of the population owns guns. The other 54 percent do not.
Oh, so 46% of Americans either admitted to being or are documented legal gun owners. That means it’s probably slightly higher. And you think most people don’t carry guns unless they’re criminals? Come on man

Have you been to Texas? You see guns on regular people going to the grocery store. I hear in Arizona you can’t go anywhere without seeing a gun, too.

Guns serve a purpose and people are allowed to have them. I dont get peoples automatic aversion or negative association

Dude we may have different meanings of deep shit. To me being in deep shit means you're in deep trouble, aka it's a big deal.

I'm not assuming he's guilty, but that does not mean he's not in deep shit right now.

I don't know anything? I know he's been charged with attempted murder, and that means he's in deep shit.
I think we all knew what you meant. Let's hope further details clear him of anything too sinister, but it doesn't look promising right now. I'll still give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

I think we all knew what you meant. Let's hope further details clear him of anything too sinister, but it doesn't look promising right now. I'll still give him the benefit of the doubt for now.
As we should, innocent until proven otherwise!

Yes. He literally shot a guy. You can't have a guy like that running around back in society right away lol
That’s not necessarily true, I actually know a few people (only one personally) who have shot somebody and never even got arrested. Kept their gun too. Depends on state and circumstance

Have you been to Texas? You see guns on regular people going to the grocery store. I hear in Arizona you can’t go anywhere without seeing a gun, too.

Wrong. I see non-law enforcement carrying about once per week.

Wrong. I see non-law enforcement carrying about once per week.
Yeah, that’s often enough to be mind blowing to a large portion of society. It also depends where in Texas and/or Arizona.

That's the saddest thing. We literally don't like critiquing ourselves while attempting to police the world and virtue signal whenever we can while stuffing our closet full of bones.

Republicans call everyone else snowflakes but are literally trying to rewrite US history because certain truthful facts hurt their feelings. Who is the real snowflake...

Off my soapbox now. In the Cain situation, they don't detain victims of crimes.....
Well said. And for context, I'm a proud American. . . but not too proud to point out lies and BS from my countrymen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back