Cain Velasquez (2-0) was a phenom when signed to the UFC

I became a believer when he beat nogueira. I thought hed take nog down and nog would catch him as he tried to pass the guard. It didnt even go to the ground.

Oh really I get why some didn't like the Kongo fight since he got tagged but he abused him to.

But the Big Ben fight ? since Ben is so durable it was so silly to see the longer, bigger, stronger man just getting manhandled and swarmed on and he didn't freaking stop or lost a step it was like WTF is going on just a full tornado.

The Nog fight.. was like early 2010 and doesn't hold relevance as much.. I mean Nig Nog lost vs Mir and he looked really bad the all "I was supper sick" and he did look like that then he whooped Randy's behind and was impressive then the savage KO at the hands of "pillow fists" Cain and he basically ended his career with that in terms of relevance.

I still think Cain , skill wise , is the best HW ever. That does not mean he is the most accomplished though. He had some bad luck with injuries ( and AKA trains people way too hard close to fights ) and imo he beats Werdum 4/5 times. Thats just my personal opinion though

So he was pretty much a shoe-in to be a champion when he was signed at a very green record of 2-0 back in 2008.

At the time did you guys think he was going to be this good? To be honest I had no idea who he was til his debut and then I had to look up his credentials and to what everyone was saying about him.

Today he's 34 with a glass body. I wonder what type of surgery he's trying to get after this Werdum fight and if it's anything serious. Dude has like 11 more days to make it through camp let's see if he gets there.
Glass body? Fighting with large, strong, trained men who intend on hurting you makes your body glass? I guess you have a paper mache body then.

I saw Cain fight in Strikeforce without having any idea who he is. His pace and output on the ground was insane. Apparently Dana gave him a contract right away.

I figured they signed him on affiliations with AKA. I had not heard of him before that either.

after 3 AA v Sylvia bouts, the UFC spent 2 years dropping virtually all existing HW's and looking for new ones. besides the obvious Lesnar signing, the JDS, Cain and Carwin signings were huge. fans were tired of guys like Eilers and Cabbage. they heavily advertised the HW Ultimate Fighter as well, crossing their fingers they'd find someone great.

Cain was very well known, and there was lots of talk about his gas, how he could go all day, even then. JDS was the much bigger surprise with the Werdum KTFO (and then Werdum was offered a new contract worth half his last, and left).

I remember when JDS knocked out Werdum. Nobody knew who the fuck he was and he didn't even have a profile picture on his Fight Finder lol.

Glass body? Fighting with large, strong, trained men who intend on hurting you makes your body glass? I guess you have a paper mache body then.

The context in which he couldn't make it to the cage and kept pulling out due to injuries in training @ AKA. That is a fact dumb dumb.

Your mom likes paper mache so why don't you shut the fuck up.

Oh really I get why some didn't like the Kongo fight since he got tagged but he abused him to.

But the Big Ben fight ? since Ben is so durable it was so silly to see the longer, bigger, stronger man just getting manhandled and swarmed on and he didn't freaking stop or lost a step it was like WTF is going on just a full tornado.

The Nog fight.. was like early 2010 and doesn't hold relevance as much.. I mean Nig Nog lost vs Mir and he looked really bad the all "I was supper sick" and he did look like that then he whooped Randy's behind and was impressive then the savage KO at the hands of "pillow fists" Cain and he basically ended his career with that in terms of relevance.
Before the nog fight,i thought he is very good,aggressive passing game,but he landed so many shots on rothwell and kongo but it didnt seem like he had the finishing power. Sure nog wasnt what he used to be,for sure,but i envisioned some ground work...and just never even got there. Also his submission game was starting to erode by then too...he had couture dead to rights several times and couldnt finish the job.

cay-een

i remember him whooping josh heavy hendricks in his first fight

Dude you should tell us how Cain shape is looking like

it's all about his shape

if he looks good, and lean, not like he did vs Werdum 1, then I say he wins even if he is injured. Someone post something about him a while ago and look like he lost weight, looked a little like the Cain who fought Lesnar but it was probably a impression.

He is shy as fuck with the pics in this camp.. it's either all business or ain't feeling that fucking hot to be posting social media bullshit.. so fuck me hope for the best situation. XD

I had to go and search for bits of stuff from the people around his camp trying to get sneak peaks and shit:

The Nog fight put fear into my heart

Yeah thats still my favorite combination knockout ever. 3 punch combo and every punch hit the target in like a fraction of a second so fast with so much power. It was insane. He was on point that night.

cain+ko+nog+gif.gif
2chs6ir.jpg

He is shy as fuck with the pics in this camp.. it's either all business or ain't feeling that fucking hot to be posting social media bullshit.. so fuck me hope for the best situation. XD

I had to go and search for bits of stuff from the people around his camp trying to get sneak peaks and shit:

He looks good, but I guess we will have to wait for the weigh ins to get a better idea

Anyways I think he is coming in shape for this fight even if he is hurt, the only thing that makes me think that a shit can happen is because we have no idea what it is. It might be his knee and that wouldn't be too bad since he won't use wrestling in this fight, it might me something else worse, who knows.

Did he used to post a lot on social media?

@One MMA Fan how are you tagging me without adding my name to your posts?

I'm a sherdog Jedi bro.. stuff happens.

Now you will like this post! and drop the gun to.. eh you can keep the gun.

I just put your name inside the post then I refresh the page and click edit and remove your name from it.. that way most of the time you get a notification but no name inside the post. :D I used to freak out @Myrddin Wyllt with this stuff to. hue hue hue

He looks good, but I guess we will have to wait for the weigh ins to get a better idea

Anyways I think he is coming in shape for this fight even if he is hurt, the only thing that makes me think that a shit can happen is because we have no idea what it is. It might be his knee and that wouldn't be too bad since he won't use wrestling in this fight, it might me something else worse, who knows.

I think it's his back, most likely the back and will be getting some sort of surgery like how Chris Weidman got that's my best bet.

In the past he said he had problems sleeping and finding a good position and the pain being to much and stuff like that he did fuck around with some surgeries but nothing to intrusive but I think he needs one hence why he is booked right after the fight to handle it and hopefully be as close as possible to the Stipe date if not I'm sure Dana and the new brass will skip his ass in no time.

I think Stipe will be looking for a fight in April or May hopefully it will be against Cain.

I just put your name inside the post then I refresh the page and click edit and remove your name from it.. that way most of the time you get a notification but no name inside the post. :D I used to freak out @Myrddin Wyllt with this stuff to. hue hue hue
giphy.gif

Okay...

<{fry}>

I've been watching Cain since his Strikeforce days and knew he would be champ. He just buzzsawed through his competition it was crazy. When he's on, he's on but with all these injuries it seems he might be a 'what could have been' story but he did look good against Travis. Hopefully he can avenge this loss to Werdum.

Yeah, One with his Jedi tricks n stuff.

th

Did he used to post a lot on social media?

Not a lot but something.. anything it's very low activity when you are 10 days away from a big fight.

Also training camp ends with a week before the fight date so he just a few days left to go and I'm sure in the last weeks of the camp things start to be more chill and be more careful you don't want to fuck up a show this close to the date and keep in mind that AKA already did this with Luke (non motivated, low cash hard fight) then DC did it (no GSP so no PPV buys took the first exit he could fight no way to risk a fight with AJ the monster for peanuts on the dollar) and now Cain to pull out from the nr.1 contender fight while also having the union and CA vs WME haha.. hell no he would go out there and fight in crutches if need be.

Unfortunately that was only a handful of fights ago and about 75 injuries. dude spent half his career fighting JDS and Big Foot...

So he was pretty much a shoe-in to be a champion when he was signed at a very green record of 2-0 back in 2008.

At the time did you guys think he was going to be this good? To be honest I had no idea who he was til his debut and then I had to look up his credentials and to what everyone was saying about him.

Today he's 34 with a glass body. I wonder what type of surgery he's trying to get after this Werdum fight and if it's anything serious. Dude has like 11 more days to make it through camp let's see if he gets there.

i remember seeing fliers of him with javier mendes in the bathroom of this bar i used to frequent back in 08'. a weird place to place fliers of the guy. can't even remember if they were advertising an upcoming fight of his, or if it was for a.k.a.

Back