Cain Velasquez (2-0) was a phenom when signed to the UFC

I think it's his back, most likely the back and will be getting some sort of surgery like how Chris Weidman got that's my best bet.

In the past he said he had problems sleeping and finding a good position and the pain being to much and stuff like that he did fuck around with some surgeries but nothing to intrusive but I think he needs one hence why he is booked right after the fight to handle it and hopefully be as close as possible to the Stipe date if not I'm sure Dana and the new brass will skip his ass in no time.

I think Stipe will be looking for a fight in April or May hopefully it will be against Cain.

Then I'm not sure how bad it it's for Cain in the fight. Not sure how much it will take from him.

I thought Cain was immediately scary when he started, had huge pressure and instant recovery from being stunned. And he mauled everyone.

I think both Cain and Junior deserved that fight against Couture earlier. Definitely before Lesnar.

Last edited:
Then I'm not sure how bad it it's for Cain in the fight. Not sure how much it will take from him.

What can you do.. he's a big boy and decided to continue and make the walk may the best man win and no silly talk after either way it goes after we get the result.

i remember seeing fliers of him with javier mendes in the bathroom of this bar i used to frequent back in 08'. a weird place to place fliers of the guy. can't even remember if they were advertising an upcoming fight of his, or if it was for a.k.a.
<7>{<hhh]

I start to notice how good he was when he brutalized Big Nog.

Worst fight night ever. I went to bed litteraly sad. To this day I knew he was a force to be recognized.

after 3 AA v Sylvia bouts, the UFC spent 2 years dropping virtually all existing HW's and looking for new ones. besides the obvious Lesnar signing, the JDS, Cain and Carwin signings were huge. fans were tired of guys like Eilers and Cabbage. they heavily advertised the HW Ultimate Fighter as well, crossing their fingers they'd find someone great.

Cain was very well known, and there was lots of talk about his gas, how he could go all day, even then. JDS was the much bigger surprise with the Werdum KTFO (and then Werdum was offered a new contract worth half his last, and left).

Thats a large part of the reason they went after Pride, for the HW contracts. Turned out that buying it didn't actually get them much since most of the fighters by that time were on short-term contracts in Pride. Then most of them went to Affliction/Strikeforce instead of the UFC (at least a first).

...I really took notice of him the next year when he abused Kongo I knew he will become champ sooner or later.
Lest we forget.....
10001340.gif

Cain was such a monster back around the time of the Nogueira fight. Hes still dangerous but not what he once was. Such a shame he destroyed himself in training. I really think he mightve been the best ever back then.

Cain was great but Nog had lost his chops by then.

Saw him fight in Strikeforce before UFC, looked good then but didnt think too much about it. Then I saw he got signed by UFC and took a interest, I rermember him smashing the guy in his debut easily

He left everything in the gym. Where are those cringy videos?

I thought he was mostly hype until he obliterated one of my all time favorites in Big Nog. Then I sort of wiped up my tears and went back and re-watched his fights and realized he was a killer.

Lest we forget.....
10001340.gif
Lest we forget the 4 elbows to the back of Cain's head, the 3rd round cage grab, and Kongo walking out after the fight without congratulating Cain. Dirty fighter and a sore loser.

Last edited:
I knew he would be good. He was hyped from the jump with his wrestling accolades and the backing of AKA.

I recall a rumor that he was supposed to fight Fedor in Bodog pre UFC but I think the fight fell through. That would've been crazy, who knows what would've happened there

So he was pretty much a shoe-in to be a champion when he was signed at a very green record of 2-0 back in 2008.

At the time did you guys think he was going to be this good? To be honest I had no idea who he was til his debut and then I had to look up his credentials and to what everyone was saying about him.

Today he's 34 with a glass body. I wonder what type of surgery he's trying to get after this Werdum fight and if it's anything serious. Dude has like 11 more days to make it through camp let's see if he gets there.
It's like a paradox. The stupid training made him an animal but also was his downfall. Can't do that type of shit when your a heavyweight.

Lest we forget.....
10001340.gif

No shape in being dropped by Kongo (a big strong HW with some good striking) while he was aggressively pressuring him.

Kongo put a lot of guys to sleep with those punches Cain's chin is decent for HWs standards and his recovery is good.

Cain dominated that fight and won it clearly and he only got better from that point on while Kongo kinda stagnated and even regressed.

I didn't even notice him before his fight with Minotauro. Was sure he would annihilate Brock, though.
I remember his fight with Kongo before that. Everyone called him pillow fists because he couldn't finish him. Then he one shot KOs Big Nog and it was like "OOoooh, nevermind then."

Lest we forget the 4 elbows to the back of Cain's head, the 3rd round cage grab, and Kongo walking out after the fight without congratulating Cain. Dirty fighter and a sore loser. But don't worry, I give everyone likes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol squish you like every post you read

Back