Cain Velasquez (2-0) was a phenom when signed to the UFC

AKA should just air their sparring sessions on PPV because that's the only time we'd get to see guys like Velasquez, Cormier and Rockhold fight every year.

He look kind of scaryyy against Travis,
6'8 Travis looked like a 13 year old boy trying to fight a man

I became a beilever when joe said that cain was aka's prized possesion. After he beat nog there was no doubt in my mind that he would soon be a champion

Dam it cain stop injuring yourself you could be the goat hw if you just trained properly

I feel horrible for all the low level guys that had to face Cain on his way up. Especially Jake O'Brien. Lost to Arlovski, young Cain, young Jon Jones, and then Mousasi, and that was enough to convince him he wasn't good enough for mma. Who knows, he could've been a ranked heavyweight if he hadn't fought killers.

So he was pretty much a shoe-in to be a champion when he was signed at a very green record of 2-0 back in 2008.

At the time did you guys think he was going to be this good? To be honest I had no idea who he was til his debut and then I had to look up his credentials and to what everyone was saying about him.

Today he's 34 with a glass body. I wonder what type of surgery he's trying to get after this Werdum fight and if it's anything serious. Dude has like 11 more days to make it through camp let's see if he gets there.
This might have something to do with why his body is shot..

9JOf1nv.gif

Fedor had 23 fights in 4 years and still fought 11 more times after that at the highest level.

Cain has 16 fights in 10 years and his body is done. You think he has 11 more in him at the highest level???

No chance.

Fedor bless.

I first heard of him before the Kongo fight.

The black analyst on ESPN was hyping him up a lot. That guy was an idiot, but he sure was right about Cain.
So they properly pronounced his name?
Wow that is hilarious
Yeah that's how his dad pronounces it. Kai-enne.

Word that Cain was a world beater was floating around since his first UFC fight. Too bad his body just couldn't handle the punishment with all his injuries.

Also, the pace that he used to keep over 5 rounds was pretty god damn suspicious in the pre-USADA days :/

Most people are lying if they thought he would steamroll brock, at the time brock looked beastly and Cain was much smaller.

Last edited:
Cain is a very dangerous man inside that Cage. He can beat anyone on any day.

Getting into that cage though, has always been a problem

The funny thing about Cain's debut was you can actually see Buffer and Javier Mendes tell Cain to show his Mexican flag mouthguard.

Saw him fight Kongo live. He's improved greatly from then. I wish he'd change camps, AKA is deadly.

"Shoe-in to be a champion"

I disagree to be honest, I don't think anyone watched a 2-0 Cain and thought that a future champion was a certainty.

He wasn't even all that good until his performance over Nogueira, that really spring-boarded him into the conversation of great Heavyweights.

"Shoe-in to be a champion"

I disagree to be honest, I don't think anyone watched a 2-0 Cain and thought that a future champion was a certainty.

He wasn't even all that good until his performance over Nogueira, that really spring-boarded him into the conversation of great Heavyweights.

Trust me when I say I've been gambling on MMA for a long damn time right when MMA was put on the map in Vegas odds.

This Cain dude came into the UFC and his odds were already 3:1 and I was like who the fuck is this 2-0 bozo and why is he such a big favorite.

Back