Cain "Can't Do That Against Overeem"?

I'd like to see The Striking Guy's take.

To me, Overeem has a more dynamic striking game than JDS, but less of a chin and his cardio is suspect. He's stronger and better in the clinch. Both have good TDD but JDS seems to have a bit more there. I have no idea who will win between Overeem and Cain.

I think if Cain and JDs fought 10 times, they'd probably go 5 and 5. I don't know yet how Overeem will fit into that but he might be right up there with them. We could easily see a situation where the 3 of them are passing the belt around for the next couple years. lol

Cain/Reem will be a great fight but i think cains chin will let him down. Overeem by ko

Seriously, stop with all the man love for JDS. I will bet you anything that when Cain fights JDS again, he won't let JDS get out of the 2nd round. JDS just doesn't have great striking defence and you play out like the guy is the best boxer out there. He is far from it my friend.

You realize JDS KO'd Cain once before? He did that with superior boxing, friend. Cain obviously can't decide when to end the fight with JDS, hence why the last one went to decision.

way to go. use gifs from jds fighting a guy with absolute no fear of a takedown vs overeem fighting a guy that no one in mma wants to be on the floor with.

amazing comparision skills brah.

srs.

It's pretty clear that Werdum wasn't threating Reem with a takedown when he landed the combo on him. Overeem had his hands high anticipating strikes to be thrown, but Werdum got through his defense.

Dos Santos has fought guys who threatened with takedowns (Carwin, Nelson, Velasquez, Werdum, Gonzaga etc) and none of them (except Velasquez in the rematch) had anything for him standing.

No that is JDS that just got gorilla smashed by Cain.

Overeem is nothing like JDS because JDS is nothing but a brawler with no other skills.

Seriously, that is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. I know you hate JDS but you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about when you say things like that, no offense intended.

His boxing is unquestionably the best in the division.

I'm seeing all these clinch and knee comments, but Overeem also has that wicked guillotine.

A K1 world champion who, unlike Junior, has been knocked out twice with overhand rights?
What strikers has JDS fought? Crocop? gilbert? LMAO...the best striker JDS has fought was Cain. And he droped him good with a straight right.

Overeem has better striking defence then JDS. Unlike JDS, Overeem keeps his hands up. JDS goes rope a dope likes he's anderson silva or roy jones. But hes not.

What strikers has JDS fought? Crocop? gilbert? LMAO...the best striker JDS has fought was Cain. And he droped him good with a straight right.

Overeem has better striking defence then JDS. Unlike JDS, Overeem keeps his hands up. JDS goes rope a dope likes he's anderson silva or roy jones. But hes not.

Gilbert's striking is light years ahead of Cain's. Cain doesn't even move his head when he punches, it's always before or after. That's how JDS got him in their first fight, by prompting Cain to counter (because he always blindly counters without first getting his opponent's timing down) with a lazy jab, and hitting him with an overhand. Cain never moves his head while he punches, so JDS knew that he could crack him while Cain was attempting a counter. It was a beautiful set up.

Cain outstruck JDS in the second fight by coming in with takedowns, he kept pressing forward which prompted JDS to pull back, while Cain had him backing up towards the fence he changed levels and hit him with a jab followed by a devastating overhand right. He didn't outstrike him using only his boxing, he would have gotten smashed if he tried that.

Cain's striking has a lot of holes in it, he has a habit of running into punches and gets too aggressive at times. Yvel and JDS would slaughter him in a kickboxing match.

It's pretty clear that Werdum wasn't threating Reem with a takedown when he landed the combo on him. Overeem had his hands high anticipating strikes to be thrown, but Werdum got through his defense.

Dos Santos has fought guys who threatened with takedowns (Carwin, Nelson, Velasquez, Werdum, Gonzaga etc) and none of them (except Velasquez in the rematch) had anything for him standing.

Seriously, that is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. I know you hate JDS but you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about when you say things like that, no offense intended.

His boxing is unquestionably the best in the division.

You are a supreme hypocrite for making excuses on why JDS got his faced smashed in by Cain the wrassler because he was thinking about takedowns while at the same time hating on Overeem for getting girly punched by Werdum when he was thinking about takedowns.

I know you hate Overeeem but you sound like you have no idea of what you are talking about,no offense intended.

JDS vs Werdum ll will eventually happen and that fight will look alot different I guarantee you that.

i like overeem.

but he will not be the HW champion.

He will be a gatekeeper soon enough.

sorry to say.

plus gohkan saki is the real K1 Champ...if it wasn't for that broken arm and he was still giving overeem a decent fight with one arm.

I want to believe Overeem will beat cain but....
Cain's pace is just to much for overeem.
^Truth^

But I hope i'm wrong because..
I want Overeem to win.

Cain will smash Overeem - you watch if/when they fight Overeem will gas and wont be able to keep up with Cains pace

uh Fujita vs Overeem

292trf8.jpg

Yusuke Imamura is another.

http://youtu.be/Nr7vSM8zif4?t=5m3s

Overeem likes to run in with a (flying) knee if an opponent is moving or circling away from him. Used to do it a lot in his Pride days.

I think that this arguement is really about two different style strikers. junior is accustomed to slipping punches and moving away from ground attacks, which is why he got caught standing in the first place. He thought he would be able to just move out of the way while thinking about defending the takedown.

While Overeem likes to keep a high guard and look to either grab underhooks and swing the attacker out, or plant that serious knee into whatever they leave in front of him. He presents a larger threat as it goes for takedown defense.

Cain would have to fling several VERY low takedown attempts at him before going for real clinch work. Almost as low as Randy used on Tony, just to get Alistair moving and using energy, and so that he would be too far down for the knee. Test the gas tank before running into a full steam uber knee.

any idea what he means by that? do you agree with it? is he saying Overeem's boxing defense is superior to JDS? I can't imagine.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

JDS has no boxing defense.

He's had great success with almost pure offensive output his entire career.
And we don't know about Alistair's defense on the feet, it IS good, but K1 hasn't proved much because those big gloves definitely help block your face. We'll see what happens though, I think Cain would beat him.
Indeed.

This is Overeem's first MMA fight.

Cain better put his hands high when going for the overhand right and shoot cautiously..

His hands were often low in the JDS fight he could eat a knee if he becomes to reckless trying to impose his pace

Brock was too good a wrestler for Overeem also,he got bullied around the octagon like a child and couldnt do anything. Brock took Cain down twice.

The takedown attempts were different, also getting bullied isn't the same as getting tossed around. One might bully the other though.

Cain is going to beat Overeem ragged.

It's going to make the Bigfoot destruction look mild in comparison.

Gotta love all fans who thinks their favorite-fighter is invincible and unstoppable, only time will tell.

Just out of all the annoying new Cain-fans and obvious Overeem-haters I hope Reem beats Cain prisonrape-style once they go at it.

Back