Bums with pets

Should Bums have pets?

• Total voters
If he stole the dog i can understand but if that was his own pup thars foul
Man fuck these rich entitled sjws taking that mans puppy. Thats messed up, what gives them the right?
Oh man I day dream about seeing some shit like that in person. I’d wade in with uppercuts and get that mans dog back to him

If you told my dog we were gonna camp everyday for the rest of her life she would be insanely happy

Dogs have been domesticated longer than humans were building houses. The dog is fine. The human might not be though.

I live in SF, where homelessness is a major issue, and have talked to transients about this before.

What a lot of people don't realize is that homeless have dogs for a few major and (some) legitimate reasons:
  • Safety. Obviously people with drugs issues and mental disorders have no problem attacking or stealing from other homeless. Dogs can help deter would-be thieves/assaulters.
  • Companionship. Dogs don't judge people with mental issues and they are loyal. Most of these people treat dogs better than they treat themselves (which unfortunately isn't saying much in some cases). Though I find the real crazies typically don't have dogs.
  • Warmth. It's cold out in these screets.
  • Empathy. Most people love dogs. If you have a dog and a cup in your hand looking for a hand-out, people are more likely to give money. (On a related note, a lot of "homeless" here bring their kids to the BART and panhandle, which really chaps my ass.)

Last edited:
I would like to know how many homeless dogs in shelters are of Pit Bull/Terrier origin. I imagine the amount of shelters accounting for rescue Pit Bulls is at least 50% to all counterpart breeds.

A HUGE majority are pit mixes and Chihuahua mixes. 2 piece of shit dogs that's why.

I feel sorry for the dogs. I carry bags of dog food in my Jeep so if I see a homeless person I'll stop and give them a bag. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN
Aww thats so kind of you, and I am not surprised, because you have a big heart and kind soul... I hope they appreciate your kindness...

You do the right thing, some homeless people are very bad drug addicts, so thats why you should never ever give them money because sadly they will use it for drugs and not food.. but to give them food is a very good and kind heart'd thing and the right thing to do. Bless you <3

Don't care about no homo, you deserve it.....
e82bb4a96c81ce68ed432704eb0f2934.gif

Truth be told, a lot of dogs would rather live outside with a homeless person who at least loves them, than alone in a shelter caged up almost 24/7.

Came here to say this. As long as they are fed they are having a much better time than cooped up in a house or yard.

Should pets have bums is the real question.

Truth be told, a lot of dogs would rather live outside with a homeless person who at least loves them, than alone in a shelter caged up almost 24/7.
I didnt think abt that

I had a bum outside Costco, ask me If I would buy his dog a bag of costco dog food, and he tried to hand me $40(he didn't have a membership). He said he read online it was one of the better dog foods, and wanted it for his dog. I explained that it was in 30lb bags, and if he could afford it, and he said, he's had this dog for 8 years, and he will always make sure the dog eats before him. I went in and bought it for him, and gave him his money back, and got him a few Costco hotdogs. He was super thankful but tried to force the money on me, but I just said keep taking good care of your dog.

Most bums treat their dogs better than most regular folks. Also a great friend to have.

The dogs don't care unless it's freezing out. Only if the dog is at risk freezing to death is it bad.

Apparently someone else is a piece of shit, too.

Those dog breed owners? Getting the dogs then allowing uncontrolled breeding and filling the shelters with unwanted animals?

Aww thats so kind of you, and I am not surprised, because you have a big heart and kind soul... I hope they appreciate your kindness...

You do the right thing, some homeless people are very bad drug addicts, so thats why you should never ever give them money because sadly they will use it for drugs and not food.. but to give them food is a very good and kind heart'd thing and the right thing to do. Bless you <3

Don't care about no homo, you deserve it.....
e82bb4a96c81ce68ed432704eb0f2934.gif

I got to know him pretty well. Has a cellphone and a laptop. Told me can't get a job because he doesn't want to abandon his dogs. I'll continue to support him with dog food. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

am-the-foundation-for-homeless-cats-kittens-are-cute-and-12468159.png

Homeless people with dogs tend to put care into their dogs. The one's I've seen usually puts them first before themselves. I try not to judge, you never know what people are going through, and wouldn't want anyone to go through that either. There's some you know right off the bat that are scammers (young guy with better clothes and shoes than me asking for money lol), but these ones you kinda notice its more "real"

Saw a fight broke out a few months back because some righteous yuppie thought he was doing justice by attempting to take the dog from the owner.... it didn't end up well, got pushed around by the owner, and even other people in the area started to push him away from his "rescue plan". The cops eventually came, and they told him to basically fuck off because it was messing with the starbucks nearby.

Back