Bullfighting is disgusting. Revenge is sweet tho.

It’s a curious conundrum, their life is better, but their death is worse.

I'll take a nasty stabbing over spending 2 years in a concentration camp .

Not defending bullfighting at all, and you can say factory farming is a necessary evil, but the selective outrage is alarming.

Us meat eaters like not to think about it, but the food we eat every day likely comes from an animal who suffered a lot more than a bullfighting bull, who (more often than not) are actually reared in relative luxury.

I'll take a nasty stabbing over spending 2 years in a concentration camp .

Not defending bullfighting at all, and you can say factory farming is a necessary evil, but the selective outrage is alarming.

Us meat eaters like not to think about it, but the food we eat every day likely comes from an animal who suffered a lot more than a bullfighting bull, who (more often than not) are actually reared in relative luxury.

i will not post it, but there are videos on youtube that anyone can easily find, which show cows, pigs, chickens, and the like, slaughtered and suffering, and drowning in their own blood. if you want that bacon in the fridge ready for you in the morning, you have to accept a certain amount of animal cruelty.

i will not post it, but there are videos on youtube that anyone can easily find, which show cows, pigs, chickens, and the like, slaughtered and suffering, and drowning in their own blood. if you want that bacon in the fridge ready for you in the morning, you have to accept a certain amount of animal cruelty.

Yup.

Even dairy farms are grim as fuck.

Never really bothered me that much. I mean ideally it wouldn't happen but that type of ship has long sailed and I don't see the value in fooling myself about it. Our culture is built around the casual exploitation of, and disregard for, animal lives. If you've ever gone out for chicken wings or done any number of other things you're complicit in the unnecessary death and torture of animals - but you've outsourced the brutality so you don't have to look at it. Heck, a supermarket meat section is a veritable monument to brutal slaughter and creatures raised to give their lives for the material pleasure of a consumer base. At some point I figure why not just admit what you're doing and what you're part of - and say "Sure, I'd like to see some dude fight a bull."

I can't help but feel like this outrage is a bit of a hypocritical indulgence enjoyed by people whose lifestyle is a gold stamp of approval on a series of practices which has lead to exponentially more death and suffering for animals than bullfighting ever will - but because they don't ever have to see it, and rather just create massive demand for it, they can take a sober step back, put on their serious moral face, and start signaling their virtue.

There are a host of things most of our lifestyles endorse which are every bit as bad and, conceptually, arguably even worse than this, with generations of animals raised as virtual slaves to - literally - satisfy our appetites with their deaths. I have trouble taking myself seriously if I pretend like a bull fight is some unforgivable outrage that I just can't stand.

Bull fighting is a great sport.
Cows die and get eat every day, at least these bulls get a sporting chance. Because at the end of the day dead is dead however you get there, everything and everyone dies in the end.

You bunch of sissies just don't understand how the world works.

Never really bothered me that much. I mean ideally it wouldn't happen but that type of ship has long sailed and I don't see the value in fooling myself about it. Our culture is built around the casual exploitation of, and disregard for, animal lives. If you've ever gone out for chicken wings or done any number of other things you're complicit in the unnecessary death and torture of animals - but you've outsourced the brutality so you don't have to look at it. Heck, a supermarket meat section is a veritable monument to brutal slaughter and creatures raised to give their lives for the material pleasure of a consumer base. At some point I figure why not just admit what you're doing and what you're part of - and say "Sure, I'd like to see some dude fight a bull."

I can't help but feel like this outrage is a bit of a hypocritical indulgence enjoyed by people whose lifestyle is a gold stamp of approval on a series of practices which has lead to exponentially more death and suffering for animals than bullfighting ever will - but because they don't ever have to see it, and rather just create massive demand for it, they can take a sober step back, put on their serious moral face, and start signaling their virtue.

There are a host of things most of our lifestyles endorse which are every bit as bad and, conceptually, arguably even worse than this, with generations of animals raised as virtual slaves to - literally - satisfy our appetites with their deaths. I have trouble taking myself seriously if I pretend like a bull fight is some unforgivable outrage that I just can't stand.

Not me. I don't eat factory farmed meat.

Bull fighting is a great sport.
Cows die and get eat every day, at least these bulls get a sporting chance. Because at the end of the day dead is dead however you get there, everything and everyone dies in the end.

lol @ calling it a sport. Bitch ass toreros don't "fight" it until it's been stabbed and beaten to a bloody pulp. You suck at life and I hope you go to the running of the bulls someday and get trampled into quadriplegic oblivion.

Not me. I don't eat factory farmed meat.

Good for you. Some people do better and have claim to a bit more of a moral high ground. I'm not just talking about factory farmed meat though as factory farmed meat vs other types allows for a distinction between animals raised as generational slaves for our pleasure versus animals raised as generational slaves for our pleasure that we also hurt a lot before they die. You take out some of the bad treatment, but the very significant sin of raising animals solely to die so we can have chicken wings remains.

The crux of the issue isn't solely on bad treatment - it's that for most of us we really don't need meat at all, but we choose to have it, making it a luxury item, an item of our pleasure and not our necessity.

Honestly, it's Saturday. I'm going to enjoy my morning tea, take it easy, and fry up some bacon in a bit. It has been an exceptionally long week and the wife will be up soon, and one has to take these quiet moments where one can. I'll let them who are without sin cast the rest of the stones.

lol @ calling it a sport. Bitch ass toreros don't "fight" it until it's been stabbed and beaten to a bloody pulp. You suck at life and I hope you go to the running of the bulls someday and get trampled into quadriplegic oblivion.
So it is ok if a human gets killed or hurt but not a bull? I hope you have never eaten steak.
You are a very ignorant to the way the world is.
I salute the brave men and the bulls, but I hold human life above an animals.

The bulls and the man go into the match perfectly healthy and they both fight to the death. Its more sporting for the bull. They could just drag it out back, shoot it, cut off a steak, and send it to your kitchen for you to eat while you cry about cruelty.

Me, you, the Matador, and the bull will absolutely be dead one day anyway. Which one do you think history will remember?

Cows die and get eat every day, at least these bulls get a sporting chance.
The bulls don't have a sporting chance. If they win they just bring out another matador.
LOL you don't even understand how bullfighting works!<45>

Me watching bullfighters getting fucked up

giphy.gif

I saw one in Spain when I was 16 and I have to say it was a good experience, the bull went out like a warrior.

I am against animal cruelty, I don't think we'll run bull fighting counts as cruelty because what I saw was a ritualised but celebrated death.

People are happy eating animals treated worse, or having poor people recruited to fight wars for rich people to make more money, or for poor people to suffer CTE for our entertainment but they draw a line in the sand at bull fighting? All life is death, it comes for you too, your time is short but how you live your life matters. These are the lessons a bullfight taught me.

I saw one in Spain when I was 16 and I have to say it was a good experience, the bull went out like a warrior.

I am against animal cruelty, I don't think we'll run bull fighting counts as cruelty because what I saw was a ritualised but celebrated death.

People are happy eating animals treated worse, or having poor people recruited to fight wars for rich people to make more money, or for poor people to suffer CTE for our entertainment but they draw a line in the sand at bull fighting? All life is death, it comes for you too, your time is short but how you live your life matters. These are the lessons a bullfight taught me.
Yeah, I saw a few bull fights that day I went and what I gathered was the people celebrated honoring the life and death of the bull where the goal was to get the bull to kneel before man indicating that the bull was given the opportunity to fully realize their animalistic drives before the end of their life which they had come to accept and that the ideal state of masculinity is to conquer these drives with style by allowing the conquered to live a life truly worth living before it ends.

Earthlings is a documentary that covers this in gory detail. Food Inc is another good one.

As a Spaniard I'm ashamed my motherland still allows this abhorrent practice. Big props to Cataluña for leading the charge in banning this barbarism. Matadors are nothing more than cowards that prey on injured bulls.

@Rod1

If the bulls are that helpless, and these men are that craven, you should run out in front of those bulls without a sword. I recall seeing videos about that as a growing trend. It's the bullfighting minus the carnage.

Perhaps they are barbaric, but I think calling men "cowards" when many have been killed or injured doing what they're doing is a bit far.

As a Spaniard I'm ashamed my motherland still allows this abhorrent practice. Big props to Cataluña for leading the charge in banning this barbarism. Matadors are nothing more than cowards that prey on injured bulls.

@Rod1

Is there a generational divide on this issue in Spain? I assume it's the older generation that defends this "cultural practice" while youth protest it. Like whale hunting in Japan.

@Rod1

Word. If they insist on doing the whole foul thing, let the guys in without any weapons, bare hands, see how they like it then, barbaric cunts.

Last edited:
Is there a generational divide on this issue in Spain? I assume it's the older generation that defends this "cultural practice" while youth protest it. Like whale hunting in Japan.

Definitely. The youth is leading the charge on this. It's wildly unpopular amongst millenials.

Back