Bullfighting is disgusting. Revenge is sweet tho.

Never really bothered me that much. I mean ideally it wouldn't happen but that type of ship has long sailed and I don't see the value in fooling myself about it. Our culture is built around the casual exploitation of, and disregard for, animal lives. If you've ever gone out for chicken wings or done any number of other things you're complicit in the unnecessary death and torture of animals - but you've outsourced the brutality so you don't have to look at it. Heck, a supermarket meat section is a veritable monument to brutal slaughter and creatures raised to give their lives for the material pleasure of a consumer base. At some point I figure why not just admit what you're doing and what you're part of - and say "Sure, I'd like to see some dude fight a bull."

I can't help but feel like this outrage is a bit of a hypocritical indulgence enjoyed by people whose lifestyle is a gold stamp of approval on a series of practices which has lead to exponentially more death and suffering for animals than bullfighting ever will - but because they don't ever have to see it, and rather just create massive demand for it, they can take a sober step back, put on their serious moral face, and start signaling their virtue.

There are a host of things most of our lifestyles endorse which are every bit as bad and, conceptually, arguably even worse than this, with generations of animals raised as virtual slaves to - literally - satisfy our appetites with their deaths. I have trouble taking myself seriously if I pretend like a bull fight is some unforgivable outrage that I just can't stand.
Do you take pleasure in knowing an animal has suffered when you're eating it? Or do you not think about it and just enjoy the meal?

Bullfighting sucks, bullriding is one of the greatest shows on earth. Talk about a great life, look up the rules on PBR bulls and the retired life.

Fuck the poor, get a job. This shit is disgusting. Would rather see 20 humans kill each other with spears than that shit.
Well then you're just stupid and nothing you say makes sense. No offense.

I personally would target see animals I eat on the regular get killed, than human beings.

That said, I would cheer for the bull, most likely. I like animals a lot. If they use the meat, I'm ok with it. Bulls seem to like to be rowdy as hell, so let them go out being rowdy as hell.

I would love to watch a bullfight. Either outcome would be good.

So it is ok if a human gets killed or hurt but not a bull? I hope you have never eaten steak.
You are a very ignorant to the way the world is.
I salute the brave men and the bulls, but I hold human life above an animals.

The bulls and the man go into the match perfectly healthy and they both fight to the death. Its more sporting for the bull. They could just drag it out back, shoot it, cut off a steak, and send it to your kitchen for you to eat while you cry about cruelty.

Me, you, the Matador, and the bull will absolutely be dead one day anyway. Which one do you think history will remember?

Yes.

Bull fighting is a great sport.
Cows die and get eat every day, at least these bulls get a sporting chance. Because at the end of the day dead is dead however you get there, everything and everyone dies in the end.

You bunch of sissies just don't understand how the world works.
You sound very poor

The bulls don't have a sporting chance. If they win they just bring out another matador.

LOL you don't even understand how bullfighting works!<45>
Its more sporting to be took care of your whole life then allowed to fight instead of being fattened up and shot in the head and hung on a conveyer belt.
And yes sometimes they do spar the bull, by it is very rare.

If you had ever been to a slaughter house you would understand.
Not that there is anything wrong with slaughter houses. That's how I get most of my meat instead of going to the store, its a alot cheaper, fresher, and tastes better.

Fish and chicken are delicious.
But they have to die for you to eat them.

Agreed, on both points. But fish and free range chicken live about as decent a life as their respect species can expect, and they aren't tortured before they die.

Agreed, on both points. But fish and free range chicken live about as decent a life as their respect species can expect, and they aren't tortured before they die.
Chickens are put in boiling water alive in factories.

I raise chickens, and they live a great life. They are free range and will eat right out of your hand.

Every now and then I will kill one first then dip it boiling water to free up the feathers for plucking. Or skin it which is quicker but you don't get to eat the delicious skin.

But it does not matter how they die because dead is dead however they get there.

Chickens are put in boiling water alive in factories.

I raise chickens, and they live a great life. They are free range and will eat right out of your hand.

Every now and then I will kill one first then dip it boiling water to free up the feathers for plucking. Or skin it which is quicker but you don't get to eat the delicious skin.

But it does not matter how they die because dead is dead however they get there.

And they will die anyway, even if they are not slaughtered for their meat. As for boiling them alive, pretty sure any supplier in the UK who was caught doing that would lose not only their business but their freedom.

I love it when the bull fucks them up.

And they will die anyway, even if they are not slaughtered for their meat. As for boiling them alive, pretty sure any supplier in the UK who was caught doing that would lose not only their business but their freedom.
It really happens. My dad used to work in a chicken factory.

And fish are usually cut on while still alive.

It really happens. My dad used to work in a chicken factory.

And fish are usually cut on while still alive.

I've worked in a slaughterhouse. I've never seen chickens killed in that way. And most fish die of suffocation when they are netted and brought on board the ship, long before anyone can cut them open.

Back