Brock Lesnar on Ronda Rousey: A super athlete in a Weak Division

Hes right, but you cant blame her. WMMA has only kicked off properly in the last five years, look at where mens MMA was after five years.

Kerr, Ruas, Sakuraba, Renzo, the Shamrocks, Miletich, Belfort, Wanderlei, Rizzo, Coleman, Liddell, Henderson, Newton, Vovchanchyn, Couture, Smith, and Frye, among others, were all dangerous men who knew how to seriously hurt someone very quickly. It was still a bit of a spectacle and wasn't terribly refined yet, but there were a lot of impressive fighters by that point.

One of the reasons I find Rousey to be so entertaining is the reality check she provides to all these girls who think they know how to fight. JJ has been entertaining in the same way in her last couple of fights.

Your logic is that of one butt hurt Brazillian congrats

:rolleyes:

Should we get on the topic that is about wmma and athletes or should we start talking about the american continent and wars, beach, birds, dogs and cats...

Like it or not Rousey has a bad-ass mean streak and goes to finish fights - I find this highly entertaining. Too bad it's often one-sided but, to borrow a line from Gladiator, "Are you not entertained?"

Lesnar is correct though - she won't be in any Lawler vs MacDonald fights anytime soon.

I agree with him. She is an amazing athlete but she is also in a piss poor division talent wise. I don't see anyone in that division ever touching her belt. When she leaves the belt will get passed around like a hot potato.

He's right but that's exactly what he was too.

Womens division wont change like HW did though, Rousey will reign supreme until she retires and becomes a full time terrible actor.

Now will people start believing what we have been saying? Since they all look up to brock and brock says it.

getting tired of this dead horse arguement.

If your gonna criticize Ronda then criticize Brock as well. Beating an old man half your size for a title = not shit. 5-3 record in MMA is pretty pathetic. First fighters he fought worth a damn kicked his ass straight out of the UFC. HW has gotten better since, which is why Brock didn't come back. Pretty much everyone on the roster would whoop his ass as this point

Now will people start believing what we have been saying? Since they all look up to brock and brock says it.

bsi.gif

a good athlete, the super one took the gold from Olympics.

she's super fighter, just because you are an super athlete doesn't mean you can be a good fighter. Other gold medal winners tried MMA but got no where.

Hes right, but you cant blame her. WMMA has only kicked off properly in the last five years, look at where mens MMA was after five years.

They were OK, and much better than the women's division(s).

Let's also understand the the UFC sported ONE weightclass for it's first 4 years. Four years in they formed the LHW division, and the following year, the WW division.

I won't even go into HW with Bas, Randleman, Coleman, Rizzo, Couture, TK. . .

In WAY under two years in their two newer WC's, they had the likes of Frank Shamrock, Tito Ortiz, Pat Militich, Evan Tanner, Chuck Liddell, Jeremy Horn, Vitor Belfort, Wanderlei Silva, Jerry Bohlander, Guy Metzger, Dan Henderson, Allan Goes, Carlos Newton. . . .

Sorry, they were like 10 times more stacked in less than half the time.

I did have to answer you however. Just not the answer you were looking for.

she's super fighter, just because you are an super athlete doesn't mean you can be a good fighter. Other gold medal winners tried MMA but got no where.

the title say super athlete, not super fighter...

If your gonna criticize Ronda then criticize Brock as well. Beating an old man half your size for a title = not shit. 5-3 record in MMA is pretty pathetic. First fighters he fought worth a damn kicked his ass straight out of the UFC. HW has gotten better since, which is why Brock didn't come back. Pretty much everyone on the roster would whoop his ass as this point

did Brock fuck your girl or something or were just naturally born salty? he isn't criticizing Ronda you moron he is more or less criticizing the competition she faces and the reason why he didn't come back is because he was offered a better deal with the wwe yuh know something any SMART person would do

Umm, how long have you been following MMA? Brock Lesnar was heavily criticized on Sherdog for fighting Randy, who hasn't fought since his legal issues. They felt his Ring rust and being undersized contributed to his lost. That still doesn't mean what he says is not true. Hell, Lesnar beating Couture has more credibility then all of Ronda's opponents combined.

You seem so very angry.
:(

Last edited:
They were OK, and much better than the women's division(s).

Let's also understand the the UFC sported ONE weightclass for it's first 4 years. Four years in they formed the LHW division, and the following year, the WW division.

I won't even go into HW with Bas, Randleman, Coleman, Rizzo, Couture, TK. . .

In WAY under two years in their two newer WC's, they had the likes of Frank Shamrock, Tito Ortiz, Pat Militich, Evan Tanner, Chuck Liddell, Jeremy Horn, Vitor Belfort, Wanderlei Silva, Jerry Bohlander, Guy Metzger, Dan Henderson, Allan Goes, Carlos Newton. . . .

Sorry, they were like 10 times more stacked in less than half the time.

I did have to answer you however. Just not the answer you were looking for.

To be fair, there was MMA LONG before the UFC.

Pancrase/pankration had multiple competitions that included grappling and striking. Vale Tudo was popular for decades in Brazil long before the UFC. Catch wrestling and Shooto were paid sports in Japanl. The earliest boxing matches allowed grappling. Even early professional wrestling was actually competitive grappling matches before it went the route of "sports entertainment".

To say that 2 years after the UFC there was competition in the men's ranks is seriously misleading. Take a look at the early names of the sport and see how many came from the Vale Tudo, Pankrase, Shooto, etc. They weren't starting from scratch.

Women's MMA has a much more recent beginning. It's barely even a decade old. Over the next 10 years we'll see a lot more growth in the sport as MMA and MA tends to leap in terms of generations.

Gina Carano was introduced to MMA by her boyfriend (she started in kick boxing). Rousey entered MMA after seeing Carano fight and this generation is significantly better than Carano's generation of fighters.

The next generation is going to be driven by the likes of Rousey, Joanna and Tate. And likewise will be dramatically better on average than this generation of fighters as you see more lifelong combat athletes.

If Rousey hangs around long enough, she'll just be exiting as the spearhead of the next generation arrives. Of course, there's a good chance she'll be retired by then.

It matters because they need to stop screwing around and make the Cyborg fight. No one wants to see her demolish Tate, yet again. Her legacy will always have a question mark if she doesn't fight the best woman fighter out there.

It also matters when they extol every superlative on Ronda, but ignore all surrounding context. If you want to call her the "most dominant champion" let's be adults and actually have the discussion. She's an amazing talent, but she's not even the most dominant UFC champion, let alone bringing boxing into the conversation. Jon Jones has been more dominant since he's faced a who's who of fighters and ex champs and has dominated every one. And I hate Jones, but it's truth. But if you'd listen to the Zuffa hype machine, Ronda can beat Cain easily. It's annoying and should be insulting to your intelligence.

This, in spades. I couldn't have expressed it better myself

Back