Brock Lesnar on Ronda Rousey: A super athlete in a Weak Division

Trust me in 10 years today's Rousey will look like crap compared to the women that will be there then. Remember Royce vs. Matt Hughes?

Unlikely - unlike Royce, these fighters are trained in MMA. And she's not relying on only grappling either. Couldn't me more different actually.

Come on man, give me a break on they did this shit in ancient Greece, FFS!

Those names I gave you ALL had less than 5 years experience in NHB/ "MMA" fighting before they entered the UFC (WITHIN it's first 5 years). There was ALSO Womens MMA before there was UFC womens division(s)!

Henderson had 2 fights before his UFC debut.
Vitor had 1.
Chuck started in the UFC.
Bohlander 1 fight three months before his UFC debut.
Mezger started in the UFC.
Ortiz started in the UFC.
Wandy, 5 fights in under 2 years before the UFC.
Newton, 4 fights in under two years before the UFC.

Horn, Shamrock and Tanner were the only three on that list with any serious fight experience before the UFC, and all three of them were in the UFC within the first five years of it's existence.

I am not blaming Rhonda!!!!!

With that said, and I do repeat and stand firm, the UFC men's division's were ALL easily 10x more stacked than EITHER womens UFC division(s) in a shorter period of time than it has taken the Women's division to get virtually NOWHERE!

I think you're confusing Pancrase with something else. Pancrase was a MMA competition founded in Japan in 1993. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancrase

Pankration was the sport practised in the original Olympics, but which still has amateur MMA competitions through the International Pankration Federation.

And that's without even getting into the numerous amateur underground shoot wrestling, catch wrestling, and MMA style competitions that had been going on for years.

And these guys didn't just jump into MMA for their first bouts for those previous years. They were training prior to their actual bouts for years as well. Guys like Shamrock were training for years before he even set foot in Pancrase, which was years before he set foot in the UFC.

Just read Shamrock's bio... he spent years training under catch wrestlers and with other martial artists before he even set foot in Pancrase in 1994.

http://www.kenshamrock.com/about.html

agreed fully

its like praising a college wrestler for taking out a high school division but of course its no her fault that she has no competition

It's not like that at all.

That's not Dominick Cruz blasting through those girls. It's Ronda Rousey... also a girl.

So it's more like a really awesome high schooler taking out a high school division.

Kinda like Lebron when he was playing high school basketball. Most people were pretty impressed. Didn't see a whole lot of haters saying "Well, yeah. But they're just high school players."

She wasn't top 3 she never won a 3rd place match they just gave the two semi final losers a participation medal.

She won Silver at the 2007 World Championships which would make her 2nd best in the world at that time.

More like a decent athlete in a super weak division. Most of the other women possess zero athleticism whatsoever and are trained by their boyfriends. The competition that Royce Gracie fought was way better, atleast most of those guys were bigger than him and had some athletic credentials.

getting tired of this dead horse arguement.

If your gonna criticize Ronda then criticize Brock as well. Beating an old man half your size for a title = not shit. 5-3 record in MMA is pretty pathetic. First fighters he fought worth a damn kicked his ass straight out of the UFC. HW has gotten better since, which is why Brock didn't come back. Pretty much everyone on the roster would whoop his ass as this point

I believe Chael Sonnen said it best

Chael Sonnen said:
Does that make me a hypocrite? Maybe 

Brock shouldn't bitch when he got a unearned title fight

She won Silver at the 2007 World Championships which would make her 2nd best in the world at that time.

Yep, Ronda did win gold medals in various Word cup tournaments and is also world champion in the sub18 where she beat a chinese girl in only 4 seconds in the final - so she is definitely a very merited athlete.

Whenever people try to marginalize R3 's judo credentails they always fail to mention she was a teenager competing against adults.

R3 was a prodigy.

Dude, she is very good at judo no one would deny that but if you tell me that she is a super judoca athlete I'm glad to not accept it because she is not. We can all agree that the super athlete is the one capable to catch the very difficult gold aka Olympic gold medal at his/her area.

Hes right, but you cant blame her. WMMA has only kicked off properly in the last five years, look at where mens MMA was after five years.

This argument is stupid. Yes we can blame her. If she was a real top tier athlete shed be in a more mainstream sport, or she would have won a gold medal

Let's stop pretending ufc is on the level of NHL, NFL, NBA etx

It matters because they need to stop screwing around and make the Cyborg fight. No one wants to see her demolish Tate, yet again. Her legacy will always have a question mark if she doesn't fight the best woman fighter out there.

It also matters when they extol every superlative on Ronda, but ignore all surrounding context. If you want to call her the "most dominant champion" let's be adults and actually have the discussion. She's an amazing talent, but she's not even the most dominant UFC champion, let alone bringing boxing into the conversation. Jon Jones has been more dominant since he's faced a who's who of fighters and ex champs and has dominated every one. And I hate Jones, but it's truth. But if you'd listen to the Zuffa hype machine, Ronda can beat Cain easily. It's annoying and should be insulting to your intelligence.

Yeah, Ronda is just not on the level of Jon jones, Jose Aldo, GSP or even roided Silva.
These guys ruled decent divisions for a long time, Ronda is more like Royce Gracie, a solid fighter, maybe even the best there will be for a long time but facing weak competition.
Sure the guys I listed faced some weak competition too, but they also fought very strong competitors like Dan Henderson, Vitor Belfort, Frankie Edgar, Johnny Hendricks, Hughes, Cormier, Gus...
While Ronda best win is Tate.

Brock got destroyed and ran like a little child. He is just jealous, nothing more.

This is ironic seeing as how HW has always been pitifully weak

Brock Lesnar makes a good point.

sorry for lack of emb..

5:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-seJ2pr4w5g#t=317

said that shes a man amongst women in the womens division..

im actually happy that this type of topic is actually becoming more mainstream and should be discussed more, I wonder if more people will bring this up towards her/Dana about this, not her fault at all, but I value serena Williams competition Kobe, Woods, Messi's more highly than I do ronda's..

never thought i would agree with Bork on something!but he is right.

RR is the only BW with heritage in combat sports,money to train properly and a HUGE hype machine to push her forward.
is not her fault though.

This argument is stupid. Yes we can blame her. If she was a real top tier athlete shed be in a more mainstream sport, or she would have won a gold medal

Let's stop pretending ufc is on the level of NHL, NFL, NBA etx

Same can be said for every male athlete in the UFC.

HW champ Werdum: couldn't cut it in any major/Olympic sport.
LHW real champ Jones: couldn't cut it in any major/Olympic sport unlike his 2 superior borthers.
LHW paper champ DC: couldn't even medal in the Olympics
MW champ Weidman: best placement was 3rd place in NCAA Div I. That's 2 tiers below Olympic gold

I could go on. Ronda Rousey, despite being a subpar athlete herself, is actually the most accomplished champion out of the sad bunch of UFC champions.

Brock got destroyed and ran like a little child. He is just jealous, nothing more.

Jealous that he is the highest grossing UFC PPV main event of all time? That does not make sense at all.

Back