Yea top 3 in the world at one sport and #1 at another is just good

Its top 4
Theres no bronze medal match
Both losing semi finalists get a bronze
Many other olympic sports do the same

sorry for lack of emb..

5:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-seJ2pr4w5g#t=317

said that shes a man amongst women in the womens division..

im actually happy that this type of topic is actually becoming more mainstream and should be discussed more, I wonder if more people will bring this up towards her/Dana about this, not her fault at all, but I value serena Williams competition Kobe, Woods, Messi's more highly than I do ronda's..

She's about the same level as Serena Williams, who is virtually unbeatable at a sport where you play up to five times a week. Her closest rival if Maria Sharapova who hasn't beaten her in ten years.

Trust me in 10 years today's Rousey will look like crap compared to the women that will be there then. Remember Royce vs. Matt Hughes?

Women's division is simply not high-level. Good for them for doing the groundwork, but Rhonda is not facing high-level competition. She is a great athlete and fighter no doubt, but both she and the UFC have a clear agenda in all of the hype they surround her with and in not taking a non-title/good-for-WMMA fight with the only other great woman fighter at 140lbs.

Trust me in 10 years today's Rousey will look like crap compared to the women that will be there then. Remember Royce vs. Matt Hughes?

Women's division is simply not high-level. Good for them for doing the groundwork, but Rhonda is not facing high-level competition. She is a great athlete and fighter no doubt, but both she and the UFC have a clear agenda in all of the hype they surround her with and in not taking a non-title/good-for-WMMA fight with the only other great woman fighter at 140lbs.

The agenda is money and doing things that make business sense. You have to wonder what Cyborg's agenda is actively avoiding such a huge payday

getting tired of this dead horse arguement.

If your gonna criticize Ronda then criticize Brock as well. Beating an old man half your size for a title = not shit. 5-3 record in MMA is pretty pathetic. First fighters he fought worth a damn kicked his ass straight out of the UFC. HW has gotten better since, which is why Brock didn't come back. Pretty much everyone on the roster would whoop his ass as this point

Carwin and Mir were worth a damn and Brock beat them.

Couture had just whooped Silva and Gonzaga not too long ago... Silvia was a long time reigning UFC champ around Brock's size, yet lost to Couture.

Also, Brock's history as UFC champ has nothing to do with his opinion regarding the talent pool at BW WMMA.

It matters because they need to stop screwing around and make the Cyborg fight. No one wants to see her demolish Tate, yet again. Her legacy will always have a question mark if she doesn't fight the best woman fighter out there.

It also matters when they extol every superlative on Ronda, but ignore all surrounding context. If you want to call her the "most dominant champion" let's be adults and actually have the discussion. She's an amazing talent, but she's not even the most dominant UFC champion, let alone bringing boxing into the conversation. Jon Jones has been more dominant since he's faced a who's who of fighters and ex champs and has dominated every one. And I hate Jones, but it's truth. But if you'd listen to the Zuffa hype machine, Ronda can beat Cain easily. It's annoying and should be insulting to your intelligence.

Ronda is the best female fighter out there. She's beaten better competition than Cyborg and done so more impressively.

Brawk better stfu before Rhonda calls him out to fight her at 135lbs.

getting tired of this dead horse arguement.

If your gonna criticize Ronda then criticize Brock as well. Beating an old man half your size for a title = not shit. 5-3 record in MMA is pretty pathetic. First fighters he fought worth a damn kicked his ass straight out of the UFC. HW has gotten better since, which is why Brock didn't come back. Pretty much everyone on the roster would whoop his ass as this point

Pretty much this.

Because he's right, Ronda is one of the luckiest people in the world.

She is the female equivalent of the Gracies in the inception of the UFChallenge if Rorion opted for Rickson instead of Royce, and had weight divisions. Which he did not, so Royce had stiffer competition than Ronda has now.

Still, Ronda is wonderful! Of course Brock is correct, who can deny it?

Oh snaps?? I don't post that kind of shit!! I couldn't even read that hot steaming pile of garbage.

Somebody is mad.

spiderman3-02.jpg

But seriously, go away. You don't post anything constructive and refuse to disprove anyone's point.

Yea top 3 in the world at one sport and #1 at another is just good

When ronda was among other sharks, she was good, but not the best. She didn't win the gold or even the silver. In the ufc, she's a shark among guppies. so of course shes' going to be the best.

Brock should know about being a super-athlete in a weak division. :)

To be fair, there was MMA LONG before the UFC.

Pancrase/pankration had multiple competitions that included grappling and striking. Vale Tudo was popular for decades in Brazil long before the UFC. Catch wrestling and Shooto were paid sports in Japanl. The earliest boxing matches allowed grappling. Even early professional wrestling was actually competitive grappling matches before it went the route of "sports entertainment".

To say that 2 years after the UFC there was competition in the men's ranks is seriously misleading. Take a look at the early names of the sport and see how many came from the Vale Tudo, Pankrase, Shooto, etc. They weren't starting from scratch.

Women's MMA has a much more recent beginning. It's barely even a decade old. Over the next 10 years we'll see a lot more growth in the sport as MMA and MA tends to leap in terms of generations.

Gina Carano was introduced to MMA by her boyfriend (she started in kick boxing). Rousey entered MMA after seeing Carano fight and this generation is significantly better than Carano's generation of fighters.

The next generation is going to be driven by the likes of Rousey, Joanna and Tate. And likewise will be dramatically better on average than this generation of fighters as you see more lifelong combat athletes.

If Rousey hangs around long enough, she'll just be exiting as the spearhead of the next generation arrives. Of course, there's a good chance she'll be retired by then.

Come on man, give me a break on they did this shit in ancient Greece, FFS!

Those names I gave you ALL had less than 5 years experience in NHB/ "MMA" fighting before they entered the UFC (WITHIN it's first 5 years). There was ALSO Womens MMA before there was UFC womens division(s)!

Henderson had 2 fights before his UFC debut.
Vitor had 1.
Chuck started in the UFC.
Bohlander 1 fight three months before his UFC debut.
Mezger started in the UFC.
Ortiz started in the UFC.
Wandy, 5 fights in under 2 years before the UFC.
Newton, 4 fights in under two years before the UFC.

Horn, Shamrock and Tanner were the only three on that list with any serious fight experience before the UFC, and all three of them were in the UFC within the first five years of it's existence.

I am not blaming Rhonda!!!!!

With that said, and I do repeat and stand firm, the UFC men's division's were ALL easily 10x more stacked than EITHER womens UFC division(s) in a shorter period of time than it has taken the Women's division to get virtually NOWHERE!

When ronda was among other sharks, she was good, but not the best. She didn't win the gold or even the silver. In the ufc, she's a shark among guppies. so of course shes' going to be the best.

Whenever people try to marginalize R3 's judo credentails they always fail to mention she was a teenager competing against adults.

R3 was a prodigy.

Bronze medal or not, she beat a gold medalist wrestler correct? I'd say she's 'good'. Maybe the secret is her trainer, Count Chocula? Or maybe cause she's been doing this since she was 5?

For teh life of me though...I swear I could take her. :D

Back