• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Brian Ortega vs Diego Lopes moved to a lightweight bout

What indication is there of Lopes missing weight? Like sorry I don't really see where you're coming from
Ortega messed this up, not Lopes.....
You said he's never missed weight. I wasn't implying that he was going to. I was saying that fighter's almost always have two or three to cut when they wake up. I think the whole "I was already at 146" thing is just trying to make himself look even better. Nothing more, nothing less.

lol at guys acting like ortega is a huge featherweight..

he only accepted this fight to get the prize purse to donate it to charity,

and still theres cunts on here that want to shit on him.

sherdog never disappoints.

lol at guys acting like ortega is a huge featherweight..

he only accepted this fight to get the prize purse to donate it to charity,

and still theres cunts on here that want to shit on him.

sherdog never disappoints.

Don't accept a fight at a weight you can't make. Simple. People are shitting on him for waiting until the last minute to let his opponent know, putting him at a disadvantage.

Don't accept a fight at a weight you can't make. Simple. People are shitting on him for waiting until the last minute to let his opponent know, putting him at a disadvantage.
dude he saved a card. and made it purchasable.

Well I'm just happy there is still a fight and its not been cancelled, that would be way worse.

Sure dude. That had nothing to do with the main event.

All he had to do was accept the fight at 155 to start. But no, he waited until Lopes already started cutting weight. He deserves the shit he gets for that.
nah you just mad.

Ortega was off track to miss weight by at least 10lbs and has the nerve to move the fight at the last second to LW? That kind of weight discrepancy is not something you discover a night out.

What a bitch ass move and unprofessional by Ortega. Hope Lopes got paid

Yeah.
That is some bitch ass cheap bullshit.

Now hoping Ortega gets GTFO for trying to pull a last minute RumbleWeight maneuver and being dishonest to give himself an advantage.

Just man up and tell the truth from the jump. "Yeah, I'll do short notice but we gotta do 155, I wasn't planning or preparing for a weight cut."

so ufc can just magically make the fight happen at a different weight class?

Yeah.
That is some bitch ass cheap bullshit.

Now hoping Ortega gets GTFO for trying to pull a last minute RumbleWeight and obviously being dishonest to give himself an advantage
stop being such a drama queen.

To be fair it's on short notice, and it's common knowledge Ortega was planning to bulk up to Lightweight for his next fight
He looked chubby compared to his Yair fight, but with no muscle gain etc…So he probably wasn’t on a strict diet and not in intense training. Still shitty of him to wait so long to tell Lopes he wouldn’t make the weight. I assume he wasn’t going to eat his way to bulk up, and instead start to lift (he doesn’t look like he lifts now or barely does it).

Who could blame him? WTF, make weight you fucking unprofessional clown. I hope Ortega loses.

Well the problem is, Ortega only notified Lopes about it in the middle of the night a few hours before weigh ins lol... Lopes already made weight by that point and drained himself down while Ortega only got to 151
Yah, I get that. See my post right before the one you quoted.
So Lopez got shafted.

Still, UFC seemed happy to let them agree to 155, so it introduces the fun idea of planning it in advance.
Obviously, the whole thing is tongue in cheek, but the funny part is that if everyone started doing it, UFC would be forced to confront the weight-cut game.

Back