International Brexit Discussion v9: The Last Extension

Referendum until I get the result I want is not democracy.

The vote in 1975 says hi.

Also this Brexit deal will make the UK worse off so why the fuck can't folks change their mind when they realise it's a shitty deal.

The vote in 1975 says hi.

Also this Brexit deal will make the UK worse off so why the fuck can't folks change their mind when they realise it's a shitty deal.

Worse of for how long?

Quitting heroin makes the heroin addict worse off for a while.

In the long run, it saves his life.

Worse of for how long?

At least a generation or 2. But then it's not certain to get better if Johnson gets his way. NHS will be fucked, along with workers rights, environment standards and consumer protection.

The deal. Read it instead of drive by soundbites.
"So nothing.

Concession accepted."

1xbzp6.jpg

Nah just educated. You should try it.

Lots of educated boot lickers out there.

Saying 'the deal' and not demonstrating that you actually know WHY the deal proves your argument true is not the behaviour of an educated person.

It's the behaviour of a sheep.

Lots of educated boot lickers out there.

Saying 'the deal' and not demonstrating that you actually know WHY the deal proves your argument true is not the behaviour of an educated person.

It's the behaviour of a sheep.

You asked you a source and I told you.

Like I said you're an idiot who posts nothing but soundbites.

<DisgustingHHH>

So it's more or less like the May deal with the added bonus of pissing of their erstwhile cronies in the DUP ........'super saturday' is probably not going to be very super .
Thing is though, DUP don't really represent most of NI on brexit. They simply have their own agenda. The company I work for is in NI, anyone I speak to hate the DUP and think they are useless.

I'm confused. So best case scenario for true Brexiteers now is that Parliament votes against the deal and the EU refuses an extension?

I somehow doubt that happens. EU will call for an extension if it fails. Boris just better be ready to leave.

Thing is though, DUP don't really represent most of NI on brexit. They simply have their own agenda. The company I work for is in NI, anyone I speak to hate the DUP and think they are useless.

The DUP don't care about voters or businesses, only their "stakeholders".

DUP 'held series of meetings with loyalists' to discuss EU exit specifics

DUP leader Arlene Foster met with a number of prominent loyalists during a series of meetings last week over Brexit, it has been alleged.

The revelation came after loyalist paramilitaries threatened protests if Northern Ireland's status in the UK is "diluted" after the UK leaves the EU. The warning led to calls for greater engagement with the loyalist community.

In a series of tweets yesterday, journalist Brian Rowan alleged that Mrs Foster, along with other senior DUP colleagues, met with Jimmy Birch, Jackie McDonald and Matt Kincaid, who have previously been named as senior UDA figures.

At a separate meeting, organised through the auspices of the Action for Community Transformation project, Mr Rowan stated that alleged senior UVF members Winston Irvine and Harry Stockman were present.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...ts-to-discuss-eu-exit-specifics-38595153.html

I'm confused. So best case scenario for true Brexiteers now is that Parliament votes against the deal and the EU refuses an extension?

I somehow doubt that happens. EU will call for an extension if it fails. Boris just better be ready to leave.

An extension will be requested Saturday, book this post. its already ready to send to Brussels.

What I cannot work out is how a general election ends up in the current climate, who knows? Anything is possible... If I was forced to guess, i'd say a coalition of multiple parties consisting of lib dems, snp, greens and maybe some others? I really don't know, but once Boris asks for that extension on Saturday its over for the tories.

I think this is the one chance for Leavers to get Brexit they still have. Not delivering now will boost Farage's party and in turn diminish the election chances for Tories.

There's no blaming the EU for any of this obviously.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back