International Breaking: White House to announce sanctions against Russia as punishment for election interference

So Russia gives the American people proof of major corruption in our leading political party... then the corrupt political party sanctions Russia. lol

I thought America was supposed to be the shining light on the hill?
Right now the source of that light is a giant tire fire.

I thought your point was that love for Putin is blind. I gave you reasons why Trump supporters like Trump--blind love does not require reasons.

I said trump's blind followers. Like you said, he isn't president yet. He hasn't done shit, and has expressed multiple positions on any given issue. Yet, his supporters will point to the position that they identify with until he changes course. Then they'll move with the current, e.g. "Drain the swamp".

I said trump's blind followers. Like you said, he isn't president yet. He hasn't done shit, and has expressed multiple positions on any given issue. Yet, his supporters will point to the position that they identify with until he changes course. Then they'll move with the current, e.g. "Drain the swamp".
He's already negotiated several trade deals to keep jobs in America.. and hasn't even taken office yet.

Also, we're not blind. We just don't care what we see. Trump's funny and that's enough for me.

hi vespasian,

i don't see this as having much to do with Mr. Trump one way or another - by that i mean, i don't see this through the prism of partisanship.

- IGIT

Of course you see it, you just are disingenuous.

Obama knows full well that the only consequences of these actions *the UN vote, Russia sanctions) are headaches for the Trump administration.

These actions are not against Israel or Russia, these are actions against the incoming US administration.

Its very fair to Obama.
We're currently bombing 7 countries and supporting Saudi Arabias indiscriminate bombing of Yemen.
He's EXPANDED W's drone program, killing 9 unintended people for every 1 intended target (and given our intelligence's record, who is to say that 1 target was deserving of a traffic ticket, let alone a death sentence).
He was careless, and dishonest, in his position on and portrayal of the Syrian conflict.
Do we have to talk about Libya?
People love to talk about Obama leaving the economy better than he inherited it; how about leaving the Middle East worse than he inherited? Now that is an accomplishment...

The middle east was heading for disaster no matter what we did.

If we didn't intervene where we did, it's likely Libya would be just as bad as Syria is now.

Sanctions because they allegedly got Podesta in a phishing attempt and sent his gmail content to wikileaks?

I dont think Trump's fans are any blinder than Obama's or Hillary's

last word for now, Anung,

I don't feel Obama had a good FP, but it wasn't out of being rash or overcommitted as much as being unfocused and negligent.

i've seen Mr. Obama as very deliberate - pragmatic. non ideological.

probably not the most inspiring, but the most rational foreign policy i've seen in a long time.

Noam of course would disagree, but i'd be curious to see how Hitchens would have seen it, if he were still alive today.

- IGIT

Obama is a P.O.S.
Since the election he has tried to get as many muslims immigrants into America as possible and dropped all restrictions on them..
and let illegals flood in from Mexico in record numbers.

Maybe their shouldnt be such a long transition period...

Source?

Sanctions because they allegedly got Podesta in a phishing attempt and sent his gmail content to wikileaks?

No, because it will cause problems for Trump. Trump is the target, not Putin

http://www.aol.com/article/news/201...to-announce-sanctions-against-russi/21643226/

"The White House is preparing to announce diplomatic censure and economic sanctions against Russia as punishment for its alleged interference in the 2016 election, reports theWashington Post.

That information comes from unnamed government officials who spoke with the media outlet.

According to those individuals, the Obama administration isassessing the allowances and limitations set forth in the 2015 executive order regarding cyber attacks against the United States.

See more"

Get Obama out of office quick.

I'm seeing rumblings from alt sources still that Obama isn't planning on leaving office, that he's in the position he's in to usher in the NWO. This all sounds CTish, but I'm starting to wonder.

How much more damage can occur before Trump takes office? And can he undo this bill that passed just a few days ago? This stuff is getting scary.

What about punishment to the ridiculously biased AND lying American media that attempted to place Hillary as Potus? What. A. Joke.
Making sanctions based on admittedly alleged info? Gotcha.

I dont think Trump's fans are any blinder than Obama's or Hillary's

Agreed. I hold the same position with everyone, whether it be politicians, athletes, musicians, etc. None are worthy of worship.

hi vespasian,

i gotta go for now, but you should know that IGIT is never disingenuous.

Obama knows full well that the only consequences of these actions *the UN vote, Russia sanctions) are headaches for the Trump administration.

errrr...i don't know what to say?

lol, as far as the UN vote went, i'm with Putin* (he's one of the 14 members of the UN security council who all voted to condemn Israel for its settlements on the West Bank).

- IGIT

* - hooray for Vladimir Putin, hooray!

Alan Dershowitz just said obama will go down as the worst foreign policy president EVER. A liberal democrat calling him out

An Israeli firster claiming that a president that decided not to bend over to every whim of Israel is the worst foreing policy president ever?

I would assume the president that sent the US into a pointless war in Iraq would rank worse.

hi vespasian,

i gotta go for now, but you should know that IGIT is never disingenuous.

errrr...i don't know what to say?

lol, as far as the UN vote went, i'm with Putin* (he's one of the 14 members of the UN security council who voted to condemn Israel for its settlements on the West Bank).

- IGIT

* - hooray for Vladimir Putin, hooray!

Let's make it straightforward: do you think a lame-duck President should make trouble for the incoming President?

Man, the democrats REALLY want war with Russia. Obama has had the most bloodthirsty presidency in recent memory

recent = less than 10 years ago? no wonder people keep making the same mistakes all over again.

The middle east was heading for disaster no matter what we did.

If we didn't intervene where we did, it's likely Libya would be just as bad as Syria is now.

I've been told the Middle East was a powder keg waiting to explode for 30 years.
It actually took our overt intervention to get that to happen.
Obama wasn't some passive observer in the further implosion of the ME. He was an active participant in further destabilizing the region.

Why is it so difficult for people to hold Obama accountable for his actions? Its gotta be easier than resorting to platitudes and finger pointing.

These actions are not against Israel or Russia, these are actions against the incoming US administration.

I question whether Israel would agree with you on that.

Sanctions against Russia will never be executed without Trump's approval and support, but the UN vote is history made.

No, because it will cause problems for Trump. Trump is the target, not Putin

I'm sure there is more to it in terms of geo-political (and domestic) strategy. Not sure what, but it does smell a tad fishy.

I haven't been keeping up with the story of Russian voting interference over the holidays. The last I heard there was no proof they hacked the emails, and some said It was an inside leak.

Has it been established beyond doubt that it was orchestrated by the Russian government? Thanks in advance...

Back